Noob from Ohio... 2015 or 2017 Wildcat Sport?
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    73 times

Noob from Ohio... 2015 or 2017 Wildcat Sport?

Hi folks. I just went on a great trail ride two weekends ago, using my 2007 Dodge 1500 4x4 pickup. First "serious" off-roading I've done in a long time. My truck did great, didn't get stuck nor damaged, but I also realize that it's just not suited for Ohio off-roading if I'm going to start doing this often.
    Rather than put a bunch of money in to it and still have a full-size truck that will have some difficulties in the woods, I've decided to get a dedicated off-road vehicle. I guess you know where this is headed...

Looking for a Wildcat Sport, and I have a question: Are there any major differences/improvements on the '17 Cat Sport vs. the '15 Cat Sport? I've found a nice '15 online, but not sure if I should get the '17...? (Several $$$ price difference!) Thanks for any suggestions!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7463 times
    Welcome Ron380. My only suggestion is before you buy, check with one of our Supporting Vendors - MLS, on their prices. They are cheaper than anyone. Good luck.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Hollywood is right you can get excellent deals from the vendors on this sight. You can probably buy it cheaper by a lot even with shipping.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    The 2017 has a little more performance than the 2016 but D&P suggested the 2016 (year end sale and speedwerx exhaust) over the 2015 for the upgraded header, exhaust and ECM. Depends on price and if you want to add performance items.
    Built by Jeremiah at D & P Performance, 14" 4+3 Raceline Beadlock wheels w Arisun Aftershock 28x10x14 Tires, Speedwerx Exhaust,
    D & P Clutch Kit, D & P Elka Spring Kit, D & P Roof and Glove Box Door, PRP Seats, AC Door and Roof Storage Bags, VIP Fender Flares, 12mm wheel studs.
    14" Clearance and 64" wide. Traded 2014 Trail with 5100 miles on it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    I'm thinking I'll get a '17 from my local dealer (price is good, and I'm a previous customer), and see if they can get me a discount-deal on some accessories since I'm buying the cat from them.
    If I can't get much of a deal on acc's, then I'll hit the vendors and catalogs.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Still looking... Also want to sell my Honda Shadow 1100 first, that shouldn't take too long this time of year.

I'm thinking that I could haul a Trail in my pickup, and not have to buy/store a trailer also. That would be a big advantage for me, I don't really have space for a trailer and the SxS. My garage door is 7' high, so I doubt I could leave the machine on the trailer and get it into the garage.

I'm not interested in "extreme" wheeling, or high-speed runs, so I think a Trail would suit my needs pretty well. Looking for leftover '16 Trail XT's now.

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Welcome Ron380. Search the threads on pickup hauling-lots of ideas and don'ts to work from. And easier packing a trail than sport width wise in pickup without as much prep.. just mind your tailgate and rear window!
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR / KOLPIN SAW PRESS / PLANO 1719 TOTE
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Thanks Dean. Yep, I've been reading and considering a lot the past 2 weeks. I've gotten very good at online research for the various vehicles I've owned. This will be my first dedicated off-roader, since our Honda XR75 dirt bike we learned to ride on. That seems like a lifetime ago... back in the '70's!

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Time flies! If I was rigging up to haul in a pickup, short or long box, I would set up for no tailgate in place-used to haul alot of logging stuff that gate had to stay down and gate finish takes a beating from grit and rocks and crap hitting it-mine did anyways.. And it will stay mint from not loading weight on it like that.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    After much consideration, I've decided on a WC Trail XT. The 50" will be much easier to load into my pickup, that way I won't have to buy and store a trailer in addition to the 'Cat.

Ordering has begun.... muwahaahaa

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Congrats man! Show it when you get it..
    2015 TRAIL XT
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Sponsored Links