What in the actual f@$& is going on? - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: What in the actual f@$& is going on?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    628 times
    but whats their future plan for the sleds? I hope an employee owned company gets started up to buy Textron out for the sleds. when this whole buyout thing started, it looked real good as for Cat, access to more resources to help build the products, but as time went on and what has happened these last couple days, kind of going south. I'll wait, but, my old Cats are looking better to do our own major mods too. Pace has been on my mind all day also..at least it will still be a base Cat with a Cat engine in it..
    2013 X
    2013 Limited
    2016 X Limited
    2012 M8 sno pro

Member #
    Liked
    1994 times
    I have to wonder how long the Z1 (Suzuki) motor will still be available. And also, how long parts and motors for the H2 will be in production.

I wonder if Alex Fortune and Greg Biffle have any insight on this?

Member #
    Liked
    229 times
    Textrons next bold step - buying up Sears/Kmart and selling the Textron Wildcat in stores !! Coming soon to a Sears near you - the Sears Wildcat !! And make sure to buy some Craftsman tools when you purchase your Sears Wildcat as well ... Oh wait, nevermind.
    Jesse L and Black Cat like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    As disappointed as I am (understatement), wonder how the dealers feel about this. I know they will try to put positive spin on it, but what's the benefit of a name change that loses your customer base.
    Have you seen the deep discounts on unsold Arctic branded models? Trying to get rid of Arctic name at dealers asap it appears.

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Yeah those deep discounts just make my 1 year old Sport that much more worthless in resale. New 2015's Sports for $8,999 and payments as low as $165 per month. That would mean my Sport I had paid 14.5k for is now worth less than 7k. A 7.5k depreciation in one damn year! I'll never buy new again that's for sure. Learned my lesson good. I couldn't even sell it if I wanted to. No way to make up the loan difference at this point in time to release the title.
    2016 Sport Limited
    featuring pre-bowed front springs
    extra lose a-arms to minimize friction
    roll of toilet paper
    baby wipes
    extra socks and shoes
    lol

Member #
    Liked
    1994 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkinTarget View Post
    Textrons next bold step - buying up Sears/Kmart and selling the Textron Wildcat in stores !! Coming soon to a Sears near you - the Sears Wildcat !! And make sure to buy some Craftsman tools when you purchase your Sears Wildcat as well ... Oh wait, nevermind.
    Wow, you reminded me. It wouldn't be the first time ... Ha!
    Name:  2017-04-21_082025.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  120.9 KB

Name:  2017-04-21_082050.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  189.7 KB

Name:  2017-04-21_082204.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  135.7 KB
    Black Cat, WalkinTarget and blast like this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhopper View Post
    I have to wonder how long the Z1 (Suzuki) motor will still be available. And also, how long parts and motors for the H2 will be in production.

I wonder if Alex Fortune and Greg Biffle have any insight on this?
    I think you guys are "way over thinking" this. I don't like it anymore than anyone else. But it's the hand that was dealt, so we have to play it. Parts will be there. There is some kind of law / rule that states when a company decides to do away with a specific model, or engine, they can, but they have to have parts to accommodate owners for 7 years, and nothing has gone away yet. That's why you can still buy NOS (New Old Stock) for the 250R, 30 years later.

And yes, buying new, the owner definitely takes the depreciation. It's no different with any other brand. Look at Yamaha, that ad campaign had to cost close to a million, and they can't give those cars away. They went from $25K to what now $13K? Those owners aren't going to be able to sell them for anything. IMO, you don't buy a toy for resale value, you buy it for fun, and when you're done, you dump it, and move on to the next toy.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    229 times
    Rock, those bikes are actually quite cool ! Here's one for ya - didja know the Allstate brand actually included CARS sold at Sears as well, from 1952-1953. Wonder what that Dreadnaught Twin brings these days ?? A LOT more than my Arct .. errr, Textron Offroad I'll bet !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allstate_(automobile)

My first house I bought in 2000 was a Sears catalog home - 5 bedrooms, 1 bathroom - 2,300 sq ft. semi-detached. I was living the bachelor life at that time, and it was an awesome first home for just lil ol' me. Loved that place - so much charm and craftsmanship to it. From the leaded glass transom above the front door, the carved whale on the fireplace mantle, to the old steam heat radiators that ticked and hissed and gave off the warmest, most efficient heat- it had so much ornate detail that you will NEVER get in a modern cookie-cutter home.

To answer my question, here's what the Dread might bring these days -
    a 1914 Sears without the lighting but with the speedometer sold at a Sotheby's auction in Chicago in September 2001 for over $127,000, including buyer's premium
    Rockhopper likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski24501 View Post
    No more Arctic cat wildcat it's textron wildcat. No XX no RG Pro to speak of. I think this is a dark day for us. I hate to say it but textron is making me want a Polaris just to be spiteful.
    X2

rocmoc n AZ
    If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!
    2016 Wildcat X Ltd SE

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Is everyone at WWW that this site isn't blowing up about this?? I came here late to the party (have been active on FB though) and figured I'd have to read through a 20+ page thread to get caught up.

Really not happy about this move. To me Textron sounds like some Chinese company. It's ridiculous that they would pull the rug out on the legendary Arctic Cat name. I thought they were here for financial help in marketing, R&D, production, etc, but would keep the brand who's loyal customers are the only thing keeping them alive. Instead they have essentially spat in the face of those people. You'll now no longer have Arctic Cat on the side of your machine. You'll have the name of an unknown company that currently only makes what looks like a knock off rzr.

I also feel bad for the dealers that really don't have anything to sell this year. Sure it's nice they're waiting to get the XX perfect... but wow, yet another delay. At least they'll have golf carts to sell!
    Jesse L likes this.
    2016 Wildcat X
    SidexSideAudio System
    Dragonfire Harness Bar
    PRP Harnesses
    AC Rock Sliders
    AC Soft Top
    Bad Dawg Box
    Much much more to come..

Started emptying my wallet with a 2014 Trail.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
    Is everyone at WWW that this site isn't blowing up about this?? I came here late to the party (have been active on FB though) and figured I'd have to read through a 20+ page thread to get caught up.

Really not happy about this move. To me Textron sounds like some Chinese company. It's ridiculous that they would pull the rug out on the legendary Arctic Cat name. I thought they were here for financial help in marketing, R&D, production, etc, but would keep the brand who's loyal customers are the only thing keeping them alive. Instead they have essentially spat in the face of those people. You'll now no longer have Arctic Cat on the side of your machine. You'll have the name of an unknown company that currently only makes what looks like a knock off rzr.

I also feel bad for the dealers that really don't have anything to sell this year. Sure it's nice they're waiting to get the XX perfect... but wow, yet another delay. At least they'll have golf carts to sell!
    In short, I can tell you, Frank, and everybody else who the site isn't blowing up. I said this too many times already, because there aren't 50 members on here that are buying the XX anyway. It's one thing to come on here and add to the conversation and rumors, but it something totally different to go out and buy. Simple as that. So as much as a disappointment as it is, so what? There's only a handful of members that will buy it. And if the price stays at $23K, you can cut the members that will buy it, in half. Most don't want to spend more than $19K for a high performance SXS. Those days are gone forever.

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    1994 times

Why did I think I needed a Side by Side ???????????

Talk about your classic's ... these guys are doing all the same trails I'm driving but with 1940's WWII hardware -- "Don't need no stinkin long travel suspension, automatic transmission, sticky tires, power steering, roll bar, helmet, harness" ... just gotta pay attention ... Ha!: 60 hp and a 3 speed tranny - 'Get-er done!' (kinda good to not have enough power to hurt anything)

Ain't the petina in that paint great?

On Moab Rim at Devils Crack and the Z-Turn we have Cat's breakin axles and RZRs rolling over ... not these guys :

Member #
    Liked
    240 times
    I think they bought cat to kill it. Can't be competing with the venerable Stampede. This put them into the snow market too, so Cat is as good as dead and Textron just screwed it to death. It was horeshit them saying they play to win. If that's true they'd be pushing the RG pro and the XX not their Walmart branded sxs looking like half of a Yamaha Rhino. So yeah, I said it on FB too, Textron can stick it. You folks out there saying this is a good thing, I don't think you can see the forest through the trees. I usually hold my tongue but I think they need to hear how displeased we are. It's our money going to their salaries. Won't be mine anymore I'm pretty sure I see what kind of company they are.
    blast and SJs like this.
    2015 Wildcat Sport
    AJ's bushing kit
    AJ's roof
    3500# winch
    Richochet offroad armor
    Harbor Freight custom cargo box

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski24501 View Post
    I think they bought cat to kill it. Can't be competing with the venerable Stampede. This put them into the snow market too, so Cat is as good as dead and Textron just screwed it to death. It was horeshit them saying they play to win. If that's true they'd be pushing the RG pro and the XX not their Walmart branded sxs looking like half of a Yamaha Rhino. So yeah, I said it on FB too, Textron can stick it. You folks out there saying this is a good thing, I don't think you can see the forest through the trees. I usually hold my tongue but I think they need to hear how displeased we are. It's our money going to their salaries. Won't be mine anymore I'm pretty sure I see what kind of company they are.
    First ease up on the language. Second, my sources have told me there isn't going to be an RG Pro now. It's a rumor, but I believe in my source. Unfortunately, AC learned what Polaris did. If you go to bed with the devil, you're libel to get burnt. And they did. Time to move on, and it looks like they are.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    I've always believed the quality control was just not there. Cost is not the main issue. I believe if the quality is there on any product YOU ARE GONNA have fun. Charge me more, if the value is there .

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links