Wildcat Forum banner

DIY Projects - Trails

535K views 883 replies 145 participants last post by  Drbryanwalters 
#1 · (Edited)
We know that a few on here (DRock can likely fill a few pages on here.) Attached is one of mine.
Door inserts. Pretty happy with the way they turned out. I used Lexan as it was free. I'm into this project for $0!
A buddy of ,mine also has a custom shop, and one of the things they do is Vinyl, car wraps etc...he hooked me up with some Vinyl to cover the Lexan, not too bad!
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Vehicle door

See less See more
#12 ·
View attachment 21215 Shocks, air scoops and zerk fittings
What shocks did you get how much time have you put on them (ride quality) and how much did they set you back. Im pretty interested in the bandit set that was posted on another thread but I cant tell what these shocks are.

#3 ·
1/4 Windsheild using AC short base. Windshield Vehicle Glass Grass Automotive exterior

#4 · (Edited)
Aluminum mud and side guards.

Mud Flares.

Engine air vents.

#8 ·
Automotive exterior Auto part Metal

Foot rest for the wife (she has MS and having both feet resting even helps with her fatigue believe it or not)
Text Font Signage
Automotive lighting Headlamp Light Lighting Darkness

Led head lights and trail lights (stock light left LED right. lows and highs next right).
Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Windshield Trunk
Tire Machine Automotive wheel system Vehicle Automotive tire

Storage rack.

#13 ·
#11 ·
Reactions: WalkinTarget
#10 ·
Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Pipe Auto part
Green Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part

4 pipe snorkel (2-2" intakes, 1-2" CVT intake, 1-2" CVT exhaust).
Vehicle Windshield Automotive exterior Car Auto part

Check plate Aluminum Visor. (Just below the AC roof)

#14 ·
Keep the posts coming Guys!

#23 ·
Reactions: Professorzx10
#25 ·
Thought u guys might like that. It actually held up for hours. If I ever do it again I'm putting a black shirt or something in it ha ha. Once it quit raining and the sun came out it got hot so I just cut it off. Just curious do your guys roofs without a windshield on keep u dry at all. Or does it just run down the front of roof on to your lap or in your face

#27 ·
I built a visor for mine for 2 reasons 1, im short and it helps with the sun and 2, it puts the rain drip edge a few more inches forward so it drips on the dash instead of us.
Vehicle Windshield Automotive exterior Car Auto part

Reactions: sgarm13
#26 ·
My roof keeps the rain off when im moving and it has a visor out over the windshield so i stay pretty dry even when stopped.

Im glad im not the only who thought of the plastic wrap roof. I was at the camp and it was raining but all i had was tin foil, if i had plastic wrap i would have wrapped it up, tin foil wouldnt cut it. Knew i wasnt the only ******* on this site haha.

#29 ·
Looks like diamond plate aluminum same as your fenderwell guards. My plastic roof actually comes out quite a ways. Its good to keep the rain and sun off you but i hate how trees and limbs hook under it when im bush bashing, that seems to be alot lately hence all the guards i keep designing. Should just mount two electric chainsaws on the roll bars and i can flip a switch and cut my way through rather than bashing my way through, mad max style.

#30 · (Edited)
Heat Mitigation project -
Items Needed - Self Adhesive Tin/Heat tape & Thermotec Heat Sheilding
Locations covered - 3/4 of rear firewall facing engine, center console & removable cover, fuel line, fuel vent hose, spark plug wires - Heat Taping every seam and using it liberally to deflect all heat away from rear of passenger cabin.

I still have not wrapped the header/pipes - Unsure yet if I need to do this - plus dealer is putting in lost screw from heat shield. Maybe clank will go away

Removable Cover -

Entire Sheet View - Looking Down from rear trunk cover and entire wall is pretty silver. This also was before I wrapped those plug wires/conduits with my tin/heat tape. Just to protect it a little

#31 ·
Nice job on the heat shielding Steve, and the visor I made is from diamond plate aluminum that I painted with rock guard, Im currently recycling a old side box for a pickup truck box (like a tool box) that I had given to me. Will be using it to make a guard for the brake master and im looking at putting in a windshield washer reservoir and pump to wash the rad, after my last experience with running hot I decided it would be nice to carry water and have a sprayer to clean the rad out. Will see how that goes I guess.

#32 ·
Thought I would try to bring this back to life.....anyone do anything to their machine lately?? I'm adding a few goodies tomorrow...will post pictures once I get them done.

#35 ·
Been busy with the hunting and scouting critter movement so havent touched the trail except to get me from point a to point b. Have a few items kicking around that i havent gotten too yet. Did get the underhood storage in though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.