Trail suspension from Bandit

56K views 196 replies 40 participants last post by  SteveAhReeno 
#1 ·
Suspension part Suspension Shock absorber Auto part Motorcycle accessories
1049.00$ on ebay

That sounds pretty good

See less See more
#3 ·
I have been talking to the owner for a couple weeks. They are made in USA, the company is located in Michigan and serviced in Michigan. They have an adjustable spring preload. The springs are a compound design 200 lb front 240 lb rear. The shock is has a two inch body with a 3/4 inch shaft. Compression and rebound are adjustable. The razor people seem to like them and I think they will be a huge performance step over the stock fox shocks. Shock travel is very slightly more than the fox shocks, so articulation is not compromised. I am ordering next week. I will let the forum know how it goes.

#7 · (Edited)
I have been talking to the owner for a couple weeks. They are made in USA, the company is located in Michigan and serviced in Michigan. They have an adjustable spring preload. The springs are a compound design 200 lb front 240 lb rear. The shock is has a two inch body with a 3/4 inch shaft. Compression and rebound are adjustable. The razor people seem to like them and I think they will be a huge performance step over the stock fox shocks. Shock travel is very slightly more than the fox shocks, so articulation is not compromised. I am ordering next week. I will let the forum know how it goes.
I'm anxious to hear your feedback once you get them on. Elka's are too expensive and these are much more in my price range. I think more people would be interested in these at it's pricepoint. Thanks for testing them out for the rest of us to make sure it is money well spent...

And yes on a group buy

#13 ·
I emailed them about a shock package for full size Wildcat and this is his reply.........
" Hello Gary its Ted from Bandit Utv. We do plan on it. Although it may be a while. I need a big interest from guys that are not happy with the OE shocks. Ted"
So if any of you are interested contact them and tell them so.

#17 ·
They look pretty nice, but are they really $1000 better than the stock??? I would be happy if I could get a heavier rated spring that doesn't keep sagging after I adjust them and ride. It seems like I need to re-adjust every second ride?? Anyone else have this problem, or is it because I'm a short fat guy?? LOL

#19 ·
Short fat guy here too who has adjusted my springs a few times now, not overly impressed at how badly they sag out. I have quite a bit adjusted up on mine now just to keep over 11 inches of clearance. I would be interested in an upgrade kit to get into the sport arms and springs ect..the 13 inch ground clearance is very appealing

#20 ·
I have experienced shock fade after 30 minutes in the dunes with the stock foxs. In the whoops, I've also experienced the back end bucking left to right. Could be due to the shorter travel of the shocks/wheelbase, but still hoping these bandits will be a big improvement over the stock foxs.

#21 ·
Theres not that much oil or nitrogen in the stockers, and heat will wear on the oil and break it down quicker than on shocks with reservoirs. Plus I still think the springs are too weak for the stockers. So far my stockers are doing what I want out of them, but I just slow trail ride mostly.

#27 ·
Thanks...well aware of it, which is why I checked my measurements. Starting looking on line for costing on wheel spacers. Any idea what cost, and should I go 1 1/2 or 2". Still don't feel this is the solution....I don't know how much more I should/can adjust. 4' from black ring on shock from the threaded side up. Pretty close to same adjustment on all 4 corners....need heavier springs.

#29 ·
You can get springs from summit. Just need to get the id and length then decide how strong you want. I had qa1 250# springs on my Prowler and worked great. They were a little shorter but they didn't sag and we have plenty adjustment to make up for 3/4". If I can decide the strength I'm gonna get them for my trail.

#31 ·
Wow you really did use your suspension Drock - Maybe time to either trade in for 60" or get updated springs/shocks. I met a spring manufacturer at my last trade show and he just asked me for either the dimensions of ours or just hand mine over in winter and he could make a spring more durable -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.