Wildcat Forum banner

Transmission into L range

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  v2racer 
#1 ·
Was having issues with getting into low range, and it kept popping out of low range under torque
Grinding a lot when going in too, took it to dealer and Cat requested the whole transmission be sent
back to them to study and are sending a complete new assy.

#2 ·
Hope they tried adjusting it first. Some guys having problems adjusted their linkage. Hope your up and running soon.

#3 ·
Were you giving it a lil gas while pushing the shifter forward? Aren't they all like that?

#5 ·
If it is popping out under load you definitely have an issue. Glad to hear Cat is taking care of you.

#9 ·
Mine does the same and I have just learned what to feel for when shifting.

I once had to stop on a really steep incline (the Outlaw Trail in Utah) to help another rider who was in trouble. I put it in park, got out of Wildcat and was behind my machine when I heard a loud pop and my machine came down on top of me really quick. Luckily my leg was not trapped but it hurt a bit. I had turned the steering wheel and it went into a log instead instead of running into me and the rider I was helping. Now, I am very very careful about making sure I am also fully into park (which I thought I was).

I asked my dealer about it and he said that he had recently failed to put his in park and that was probably what I did as well...nope. If I had it would not have stayed...it just was not fully in park.

#11 ·
Somebody made a homemade parking brake on this forum, and think someone is selling them. Look pretty easy to make.

#14 ·
#15 ·
mine makes a chattering noise, has done it since day one, which was 7 months ago , took it back to my dealer with no answers, it has 213 miles on it , want to take it for a ride today when I put it in high gear it started chattering and jerking, so I came to a complete stop put it in high gear again gave it gas, same thing , I will call the dealer in the morning , I hate this thing !!

#17 ·
Sounds like the shift cable needs adjustment, too much slack not allowing it to fully shift into gear so its jumping. Thats at least what it sounds like to me.

#16 ·
Dang, I taught the separated Tranny from engine was a better Idea. And rated for 120hp means its built to hold up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.