Sticky primary? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sticky primary?

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    That's some high quality.. I suppose mine's the same way...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delirious302 View Post
    Did you slide it on the shaft with the spring out to see if it binds?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Was too busy gettin pissy about how it looked! Supposed to be wifey day before i dissappear on the road-I will sneak out there and try that! I dug up a pic from 16foxracing16 dalton clutch kit install-his bushing shows same flange "tear". Can't see how the bearing area looks.. maybe they are all like this, just don't look primo to me. Thanks for suggestion.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR / KOLPIN SAW PRESS / PLANO 1719 TOTE
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Better polish the shaft up..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Don't wanna drag this thread out but how to on the polishing? Cleaned up spindles for drive on seal wipers but this is way more critical surface-specific emery cloth or? Hoping somebody with lots of clutch time on these says "run it its fine"! Not sure if I'm that lucky. Gotta tear off belt and get some slide travel to work with see how it feels on there. Thanks guys.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    I don't know how the clearance is but I'd say Dremel with a polishing wheel and some mild compound.. I'm sure I have the same issues.. I bought a puller and I'm about to get a Speedwerx or a Dalton kit.. then I'm going in after it!
    But I say it's bullshit to have an issue like this from being parked for a while.. my Rhino sits all summer and takes off for hunting and plowing season without a hitch....

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Any updates ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Just got in from my road trip so haven't got into it again. Couple minutes last night fiddling with it. Multiple brake clean/move things/air gun clean out has everything moving pretty good I think. When I slide the clutch body back and forth it now moves fairly smooth but feels a bit sticky when pulled out all the way. But I dont think it actually travels past the crank shaft "bearing" with spring installed does it? Still waiting for somebody to chime in saying the bushing on cover plate is just the way it is. I can't find a pic of another one to really compare it... Hope to put it back together next few days if possible to see how it runs...
    2015 TRAIL XT
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    That bushing is a split bushing just like your picture. Both of the machines that I have looked at are identical to yours. What puller did you use to get your clutch off.
    de3 likes this.
    2016 sport xt
    Beard padded harnesses
    Arctic cat front and rear bumper
    Arctic cat shoulder bag
    SAK PARK BRAKE

arctic cat soft top
    DRAGONGUNNER master cylinder guard
    rear cover heat mod
    Arctic cat door extentions custom painted
    evo air intake
    cat removed muffler

2014 trail (sold)

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Thats reassuring for me-thanks!.. Haven't pulled it, no puller yet! Gonna get one though. Just pulled cover plate and spring and been cleaning/sliding outer assy on output shaft while..
    Sak kitty and de3 like this.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    So I got some time to work on clutch. Cleaned up all I could on primary as I don't have puller yet. Took secondary sheaves and scotch brited them out from center and then washed both and belt in soapy water. I think belt looks ok (?) but the sheave has bunch of spider cracks on it-see pics. I googled a lot and could only find a sled clutch that had almost identical cracks. All the pros on that site said "normal", alot have in varying degrees. Don't look good to me! Can anyone help advise? Put it all back together but only fired up in neutral. Rev it up and secondary engages and sheaves on both ends do their thing. Back of and secondary stays put... may be rectified with all the cleaning but cracks are freaking me out!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    2015 TRAIL XT
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    i would say its part of the casting process

Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    Had the spider looking cracks on our trail 1400 plus miles no probs, less than 200 miles on our sport and after riding 3 to 5 miles you can't shift out of gear and if your lucky to get it in neutral it makes a horrible whiring noise. Then on Saturday broke the shift cable my wife says she wishes we still had the trail or a Yamaha like our friends just bought because they had clutch issues with their trail also. Have to talk to dealer today.
    2016 sport xt
    Beard padded harnesses
    Arctic cat shoulder bag
    SAK PARK BRAKE

arctic cat soft top
    rear cover heat mod
    evo air intake
    cat removed muffler

2014 trail (sold)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2989 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak kitty View Post
    Had the spider looking cracks on our trail 1400 plus miles no probs, less than 200 miles on our sport and after riding 3 to 5 miles you can't shift out of gear and if your lucky to get it in neutral it makes a horrible whiring noise. Then on Saturday broke the shift cable my wife says she wishes we still had the trail or a Yamaha like our friends just bought because they had clutch issues with their trail also. Have to talk to dealer today.
    Let us know what you find out.....
    2015 Wildcat Sport............Kryptic SxS Tie Rods........
    Heretic Steering wheel......SATV Arched front/ Rear A-Arms
    AJ's roof...........................Dalton Clutch kit
    AJ's tub guards..................Wetsounds
    AJ's flares........................Wicked Bilt P/S
    A/C Door Storage Bags.
    Venetta front/Dragonfire rear bumper
    Rugged Radio 242 intercom system
    A/C Full windshield
    A/C Roll up rear window
    Q6 Speedwerx muffler
    Speedwerx secondary spring
    Teflon washers
    sax park brake
    EVO III ECU
    Kimpex Rear storage box
    30''Awesomeoffroad light bar
    SuperBrightLed Headlights
    AJ's radiator guards
    razorback technology 3.0 CVT belt temp gauge
    Dragonfire billet fire extinguisher bracket.
    30x10x14 original Bighorns/with STI Beadlocks
    Dragonfire GT Seats
    Dragonfire Harnesses
    Dual 3' Booger Whips
    Trail Armor skids with Sliders
    Speedwerx Throttle spring.
    Dragonfire Backbone Down Bars

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Thanks guys. Found some references to casting process for various brands showing the spider cracks. Just worried about shrapnel ever happening from a sheave coming apart. Sak kitty-I am about same mileage as you have on your sport, so I will be watching for what your dealer tells you. I have to try to get out this week if possible and run it enough to warm up and watch for shift / crawling issues I had. If still there, might have to swap tires back to stock and trailer to dealer to discuss also. Hope they sort somethin out for you man.. We shouldn't be dickin around with a clutch issue with 3 digits on the odometer!
    Sak kitty likes this.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    Dropped at dealer today, he said they will look at it tommorow, clean and inspect and go from there.
    2016 sport xt
    Beard padded harnesses
    Arctic cat shoulder bag
    SAK PARK BRAKE

arctic cat soft top
    rear cover heat mod
    evo air intake
    cat removed muffler

2014 trail (sold)