Sticky primary? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sticky primary?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Senior, think the service book says something about alignment checks with new components in...Talked to the tech at dealer, he said for sure should be checked so I have bar and shims coming in Friday hopefully. Ride Friday regardless and see how it runs and go from there! The primary is all new except my weights which I cleaned up before install, and spring so pulling the secondary around makes me think sheave contact re alignment not 2 way bearing issue..
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR / KOLPIN SAW PRESS / PLANO 1719 TOTE
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    ALL BETTER! We took her out to test the clutch and shifting on the power line. Absolutely perfect! Never ran or shifted this well even when new. I may be hallucinating but it shifts and engages forward or reverse like a car. The speedwerx secondary and throttle spring for sure help but it is how it should be now. Already ordered the alignment bar and shims so will check it in a week when back home but I think Senior was right-just ride it.. No one should have to read about me whining about clutch/shifting again!! Thanks to everybody with suggestions and pointers!! And my dealer for makin some past warranty warrnty happen!
    Sak kitty and Mark7 like this.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    ALL BETTER! We took her out to test the clutch and shifting on the power line. Absolutely perfect! Never ran or shifted this well even when new. I may be hallucinating but it shifts and engages forward or reverse like a car. The speedwerx secondary and throttle spring for sure help but it is how it should be now. Already ordered the alignment bar and shims so will check it in a week when back home but I think Senior was right-just ride it.. No one should have to read about me whining about clutch/shifting again!! Thanks to everybody with suggestions and pointers!! And my dealer for makin some past warranty warrnty happen!
    Glad to hear it, and really happy to hear that they got it warrantied. Seems like it's becoming more common for people to get less resistance when trying to get this issue covered.
    2016 Wildcat X
    Dragonfire Harness Bar
    PRP Harnesses
    AC Rock Sliders
    AC Soft Top
    Bad Dawg Box
    Much much more to come..

Started with a 2014 Trail.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Yeah, I read about enough warranty's in the forum once I was hunting for info. Where I live, a completely honest answer of " haven't seen that before" is possible with the few WC's around. I mentioned I was addicted... I mean member of Wildcat Forums, all the info I found re clutches, he made the call and got. I brought it in and we cleaned it etc.. but that's it. I said before I used to buy parts with these guys when I was 10 years old, and then wr's, sleds, quad, banshee. I am a Yamaha guy anyways, but with these guys supporting AC product, I hit it pretty lucky!
    Sak kitty likes this.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links