Diy fender flares update
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dean

Thread: Diy fender flares update

Member #
    Liked
    147 times

Diy fender flares update

Hey guys, just thought I would mention how much mud and spray a little extra flare stops. The standard flares were good-with stock tires. Once the 28" x 10" went on we were dirty again. With the extended coverage shown, the cab stays as clean as my pickup, we just hop out and hop in truck, no need to change except maybe boots if alot comes up through the floor. Or do excessive spraying in cab trying to clean it.
    Mine look hokey as add ons, but to do one-off to the size needed to cover the angles the bigger tires throw at front and rear they would look alot better and stop alot of mess. Only thing that comes right in is hitting a water hole too damn fast, the rest is dealt with. I kinda forgot about them through the winter till I looked after riding the other day. Chainsaw and back window are pretty damn clean which was not the case with the standard size flares.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Bergag likes this.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR / KOLPIN SAW PRESS / PLANO 1719 TOTE
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I have plastic on the way to extend my flare for my 27" tire, already have the cardboard template done.

Only difference, instead of following the rear light i built it over and extend a bit over the light to try having less mud going in the bed. So about 12 inches wide on the rear end.

But nerver tought about the front flare, good call

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Yeah if you don't have the protrusion forward with bigger dia. tires the stuff the flare can't stop, you drive into while it's in the air! All the stuff on the flares comes through the gaps-maybe I will caulk it and see if it helps..
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRONT BUMPER / MOD'D HALF WINDSHIELD / LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS / DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    JOBBER SOFT BACK PANEL / PRP 4.2 HARNESSES / DF HARNESS BAR / SLED SIDE MIRRORS / SEIZMIK REARVIEW MIRROR
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER WITH SPARK ARRESTER / R2C AIR FILTER / SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS / 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS / VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR / KOLPIN SAW PRESS / PLANO 1719 TOTE
    BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Sponsored Links