Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Vibration in 4WD.....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    178 times

Vibration in 4WD.....

Finally had the chance to log some miles on my new trail this w/e rippin' the ditch banks and tri - state canal back home in western Nebraska. One thing I noticed was a significant vibration once I shift into 4 hi or low. Can anybody else confirm?

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    I can't say I've felt any vibrations in 4wd. Mine handles pretty nicely unless your making sharp turns, I forget its in 4wd. I don't know what could cause that except for something in the transfer case/transmission itself? The front driveshaft and axles should all be spinning even in 2wd, just not transmitting power. I'd put it up on 4 jackstands and run it, or have somebody drive it while you crawl on the ground beside it to look

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jemore380 View Post
    Finally had the chance to log some miles on my new trail this w/e rippin' the ditch banks and tri - state canal back home in western Nebraska. One thing I noticed was a significant vibration once I shift into 4 hi or low. Can anybody else confirm?
    Maybe you don't have enough pressure in the front or too much. Basically tires not being the same height could potential cause some vibrations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    i can confirm. Mine does the same. tire height is exact. i am going to put different tires on it today and see if it still does it.
    Last edited by mudslinginfool; 04-06-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Well guys, I've checked all shafts and joints ...... confirmed tire pressures, etc and I still have a little vibration. Now the machine only has 75 miles on it, and the vibration does seem to be getting better with the last few part throttle miles I've been driving as part of the break in process. "Mudslinginfool" I'm curious to see what you find with tire change.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I Finally flipped it into 4wd for the first time, and I too felt it vibrate

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Read the XP1000 and RZR forums (vibration in 4wd)... it looks like there are problems with both the carrier bearing and the phasing of the "yokes" on the front drive shafts.

Since the Trail uses the Team transaxle I would expect the same sensitivity to balance and misalignment inherent to the design of the front drive.

This guy seems to have fixed the problem on his PoPo:

OK, I got mine back from the dealer for issues with the power steering and they said it went out because the front drive was not always getting electric power. Anyway, The machine still has the vibration, I had told the dealer that it was worse after they worked on it. I found out that my machine was not on the list to be re-phased so I was wondering if them phasing it and it did not need it was my problem. Today I took it apart and put it back the way it was from the factory. I also lined up the carrier bearing as good as possible. Now my noise is completely gone in 2 wheel drive. I assume I will have some vibration when the front drive engages because it seems like everyone has some. Much better.

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    There are no ujoints in the front drive shaft, It is splined on both ends, with a support bearing in the middle. Possible loose bolts on the support bearing or it was bolted down out of line with the rest of the drive line?
    2014 Wildcat Trail XT
    Aluminum roof by Arctic Cat
    Custom fender flares- by me
    Warn 3000# winch
    Warn wireless remote control
    30" Putco 8100 lumen LED light bar
    Aluminum front and rear bumper
    2" wheel spacers
    Outside and inside rear view mirrors
    Rear storage bag
    27x9-12 MEGA Monsters-Front
    27x11-12 MEGA Monsters-Rear
    Arctic Cat quick detach full windshield, w/vents
    Hot brunette

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Mine also. Did some 40 mile ride yesterday . Use 4wd probably 12 times and every time I'd engage 4wd I could feel a small vibration through floor and seat

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    There are no ujoints in the front drive shaft, It is splined on both ends, with a support bearing in the middle. Possible loose bolts on the support bearing or it was bolted down out of line with the rest of the drive line?
    If it was a loose bolt, wouldnt it vibrate all the time?

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I tend to drive the 570 in AWD pretty much all the time because the rear end wants to slide around too easy.

well, first thing I notice in the trail is the rear end seems to stay hooked up better in the faster corners. . . But I did
    go ahead and run a little in AWD too ... Just to see if it made the power sliding a little more controllable.

I felt the vibration one time but not the 2nd or 3rd pass. ?? I only have 4 hours on mine too, so I'm not going balls out yet either.

And when I did feel the vibration, I clicked it out of AWD in a slower corner and it seem to go away immediately too

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I tried new tires. First I tried with the factory front tires. 25x8x12 on front and the rear. That didn't help so now I have 27x9x12 swamplites that measure the same and it still vibrates. It did seem to get a little better yesterday when I went on a short ride but I'm not convinced yet that it will ever go away. Time will tell.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Im going to put mine up on jack stands this evening and see if it still vibrates in 4wd, if it doesnt then the revolutions in the front and back must be different. Right?

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I was in 4wd a lot last weekend, cruised a lot between 20-30 mph, no problems with mine or vibrations
    Mine--
    2014 1000 xt
    stock except for bumpers and winch, for now

Dad's--
    2011 AC TBX 700
    HMF swamp series exhaust
    EPI red seconday
    26" AMS swamp fox plus

2014 wildcat trail
    Cat soft top, shoulder bag, and mirror
    Warn winch from cat
    28-10-14 ITP blackwater evolutions mounted on black sedona badlands

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    I'm taking mine to the dealer this week for the first service ...... I'm going to have them check it out and see if they find anything. I'll keep you all posted if anything is found.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links