Wildcat Forum banner

TD Competition Muffler Black ceramic coated

13K views 66 replies 22 participants last post by  Turbo Dynamics 
#1 ·
We are doing a black matte version of the TD competition muffler (which BTW isn't too loud for trail use).
We used Ceramic Paint 2000F (VHT) and using the proceedure to cure the paint in the oven.

It gives a nice finish and it's easy to recoat a muffler if rocks damage the coating. You can heat cycle (cure) the paint by idling the machine as well.

This gives an idea for the look of the machine once ceramic coated.

Also we will keep the all stainless construction for durability as well as heat retention (Stainless emits a lot less heat than regular steel)
That combined with ceramic coating will make one cool exhaust.

link to purchase:
http://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce.com/td-competition-exhaust-for-the-wildcat-trail/

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks familiar. Just finished mine a few hours ago and its hanging in the shed now. Thought about curing in the oven but last time i damn near killed myself with the fumes. Wife was mad cause i did it in the house haha. Curing on vehicle this time same as i did with my car headers. Electronics

#11 ·
I know your exhaust system piping looks like mine and stands out - dirty brown - (not the muffler, that rocks BTW) Will you also be offering that piping in a black coated finish? Another question - How long does the black coating last? Mine on factory exhaust was brown after 1st run - granted they probably use as cheap a product as they can where the TD materials are top of the line.

#21 ·
The D&D exhaust is only 279 great quality and sound - very deep
The Turbo Dynamics competition exhaust is going for 379 - Haven't heard in person but looks nice and by the pictures here very sweet looking. Reviews will be good.
The Evolution Bullet is going for 399-429 - Looks good, sounds good, high price point
HMR - 290 - Haven't heard or seen - Offered in Green to match your trail - offer a quiet version too. Great reviews in another thread.

#22 ·
I will do a sale for the stainless version (can be ceramic painted flat black for the same price)

349$ canadian - 10% for the US dollar so around 314$ + conversion fee of 6$ plus shipping.
Limited time sale for the budget minded trail guys.

You getting a lot of muffler for that price, this is not a cheap pipe !

If you want the double wall tip it's the regular price shown on the site.

#31 · (Edited)
I can send you the one in the picture.
You want it ceramic painted black ?

We don't stock that particular Tip, it is a pretty pricy item, very high quality.
If people like them we can stock them and add them to our exhaust.

As for the code we will be putting a code on the site. I'll post it when it's ready.

Coupon code:
wct td comp special

#33 ·
You wont be disappointed. I got one of the original ones and coated it black myself. Nice piece, easy install, sounds great, and performs even better. Here is a pic of mine. Did a vid but the sound quality didnt do it justice.

Electronics
Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.