Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wildcat X video

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1422 times
    Quote Originally Posted by st222 View Post
    It's amazing how the manufactures can make there product look so good against the others.
    You don't have to "make" it look good all you have to do is place it in situations where it is actually better at a certain thing. It is rare for one machine to have 100% advantage over another machine in EVRYTHING. Standard RZR for example, can always be shown going through something narrow with the other machine following that can't get through, or turning some tight turn that another machine can't do.
    sand shark likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TENNESSEE View Post
    THAT VIDEO IS SURPRIZING. I DON'T KNOW HOW 90hp OUT RUNS A 101HP. I KNOW 11hp IS NOT MUCH BUT THAT DRAG RACE IS SET UP.

i'll betcha a $5 bill that they had the sport mode turned "off" in the maverick. cause i have run every machine in the lineup, and a maverick is faster. a maverick blows the doors off an XP, and that race showed only a car lenght ahead of an XP. they had the sport mode switch off. my best guess.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1422 times
    My guess is they drag raced them in a low traction situation and just as they said the Wildcat jumped ahead and stayed there because the Maverick couldn't find traction it was spinning its ass off. They tell you all this in the video, they even mention traction. I doubt they switched anything off.

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Believe me I am die hard Arctic Cat, but I think the video is Bias. The rock crawling section, the camera angle was different on the X and I think thats what kinda hid the fact that the X took a different line over the rock that held up the Can-Am and Polaris.
    Bolt on 2" Rear Hitch, Made in the USA
    Bolt on Front is Available NOW!

http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/c...-made-usa.html

Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    I've crawled in a Cow (or attempted too) and a cat. The Crisco lock sucks on the Cow
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch / RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio / Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

Went to market; 2011 CoWmander 1000 XT

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The maverick will probably win in a drag race but I have a 600 hp mustang I use for that I live in eastern ky and I laugh every time someone makes a video of a sand dune and calls it a hill The maverick has to high center or gravity and not enough wheelbase I wish these guys would come ride where we ride so we could show them a hill in knarley badass hills the wildcat will always win because of wheel base wheel travel and traction I've climes hills on my farm we made for dirtbikes on mine I raced motor Ross for 25 yrs and its like a dirtbike with 4 wheels. Does the squeaky breaks piss me off yess. Does it piss me off to no end that I have a 5 month old machine that I have 22000$ in and now u can buy a 2013 model for 14999$ and yes if artic cat was concerned with brand loyalty they would comp us a 2 yr warr and at least have a buy back program so we could at least get the new clutch without the wetcluth but my 2012 with the crappiest brakes and clutch can still out climb a maverick and a xp. I just wish artic cat would step up and help all us first time buyers out with a updated motor and clutch. A lot of people who just trail ride are completely happy with stock set up but for the one s of us who really need the wet lit h gone they should fix it go halfs on it at least and give us a warr. Just my 2 cents worth. Pissed off in ky!!!!
    dmoser27 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    From what I read on this forum its seems the only thing X is missing is the turn radius and brake rotors the 4 seater has. Maybe that will be a mid year or 2014 release upgrade.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Does someone want to explain this video (which has been posted before):

I believe it is the most unbiased video out there. The stock wildcat with the Willys upgrade holds its own. Add 15% more horsepower and an even better clutch who is to say it can't beat the Maverick on a flat plane. Has anyone posted any honest RWHP numbers anyway? Numbers that weren't put out their by the manufacturers? I haven't seen any. They are also both the same weight, so the Maverick doesn't have any advantages there.
    Bottom line, I wouldn't even turn the ignition over without replacing the Visco Loc.
    I have the 2012 model and I love it for what I do, but I am way excited for the guys you are getting the X...IT IS SICK!

Member #
    Liked
    37 times

Wildcat X video

Maverick is around 76rwhp.

OEM
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coondog 28 View Post
    The maverick will probably win in a drag race but I have a 600 hp mustang I use for that I live in eastern ky and I laugh every time someone makes a video of a sand dune and calls it a hill The maverick has to high center or gravity and not enough wheelbase I wish these guys would come ride where we ride so we could show them a hill in knarley badass hills the wildcat will always win because of wheel base wheel travel and traction I've climes hills on my farm we made for dirtbikes on mine I raced motor Ross for 25 yrs and its like a dirtbike with 4 wheels. Does the squeaky breaks piss me off yess. Does it piss me off to no end that I have a 5 month old machine that I have 22000$ in and now u can buy a 2013 model for 14999$ and yes if artic cat was concerned with brand loyalty they would comp us a 2 yr warr and at least have a buy back program so we could at least get the new clutch without the wetcluth but my 2012 with the crappiest brakes and clutch can still out climb a maverick and a xp. I just wish artic cat would step up and help all us first time buyers out with a updated motor and clutch. A lot of people who just trail ride are completely happy with stock set up but for the one s of us who really need the wet lit h gone they should fix it go halfs on it at least and give us a warr. Just my 2 cents worth. Pissed off in ky!!!!
    Hey coondog what part of east Ky are you in I'm in Pike county--you are correct about how different the hill's are here
    Don't post what you done to your cat today, that don't mean shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post what you done with your cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links