Not Happy with the wildcat 1000 x - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Not Happy with the wildcat 1000 x

Member #
    Liked
    222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
    Are the CR7EIX the same length & heat range as the CPR8E? The last time I checked (few years back) they did not have a replacement for them yet with the Iridium's..

OP have you checked your gas tank for a build up in pressure when this happens? Just open the cap and see if their is any pressure, perhaps a defective vent valve..

The CR7EIX is not a projected tip, like the OEM plug; so if anything, you're on the margin of gaining combustion chamber volume, and losing compression in so very small amounts. -I've used these plugs on the H motors for about 4 years, and have completely changed the bad starting habits of these high compression engines.
    Black Cat likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy12 View Post
    Been getting the run around just wonder If anyone else has the same problems?My wildcat x 1000 is about 45 days old and has had this problem from day 1.Start it up run for 45 minutes or so get it good and warm and shut it off for 5-10 minutes take off and it will start misfiring spit and sputter after about 5-10 minutes into ride then let off throttle and floor it and it clears up until next time.Dealer is giving me the run around and not getting any results yet from Artic Cat.Dealer tells me If I want it to perform correctly I have to buy a high performance ECU at my expense and will void my warranty.They have tried a ECU from a new machine (no change)checked fuel psi checked injectors checked spark plugs found no problems.Arctic Cat does not have a fix they said to run in low range lol Still does it and dealer trying to say that's the machines nature.Not happy with that after I have purchased 4 machines from them and several thousand in extended warranty and accesories in the last year.A lot of other dealers told me they are good at selling them but NO SERVICE AFTER THE SALE!!!! Priced a 2016 Yamaha from a different dealer that I have never done business with and they were almost 4500.00 cheaper than the dealer I have been spending my money with this past year.Dealer also told me that all Arctic Cat 1000 x do this so I guess buyer beware
    Sounds like a horrid dealer, what is name of them so i can avoid it at all costs?

Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    I think GetSlicked is correct. I'd never start my '14 X and let it idle more than a minute or two. Start it up, run it in neutral for a couple of minutes while speeding the engine up to 3000 RPM or so and letting it return to idle. Do that a few times, then put the damn thing in gear and go ride it. My '14 1000 X has never fouled a plug. I have a 2008 WC 1000 (same engine) with about 4500 miles on it, and I have never had the plugs out of it. It runs like a bat out of Hades. When I start either machine, I run the engine a minute or so to warm up, varying the engine speed with the throttle. Then I put it in gear and go, taking it easy for 5 minutes or so. I avoid starting them at all uless I'm going to run for 20 minutes or more, and I don't mean idling. I mean running the machine. Extended idling is very hard on these engines, and it's about the worst thing you can do to a new one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    PS: If it sputters after riding a while when restarted, check the fuel tank vent hose for kinks or blockage. Battery needs to be fully charged, too.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    310 times
    Sounds like the dealer is a jerk who obviously doesn't know shit. (Sorry Hollywood) This crap ticks me off, I replyed to a post the other day about not taking my machine to any dealer because, for the most part, you cant trust them to change your oil and get it right. (no offense dealers)These machines are too simple for a dealer to say "I don't know"! what kind of horse manure is that?
    Bigdaddy12 and Bamacat 12 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Southern,Illinois I will be calling you guys MLS powersports

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    MLS needs to open a location in every state so people don't have to drive 7 hrs to them

Right mow no issues with my kat but MLS is where it'll go if the day comes again Took 3 trips to the dealer I purchased from to fix a simple issue.

My old Polaris dealer did the same kind of crap your cat dealer is doing.

I bought 4 new atvs from them and sent a couple others in to buy aswell. Then voided warrenty on the 4th becuase it had larger than stock tires. It had rzr take offs that they installed the day I purchased.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Bigdaddy12 likes this.
    2015 wildcat sport limited

Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    High elevation vapor lock? Hot fuel line, restricted fuelk tank vent, restricted fuel filter, if any. My fuel tank gets fairly hot when running, but I haven't had any fuel delivery problems. I'm at about 1130' elevation.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    most of he things u can work out yourself- if a little bit mech. skills- serv. manual- BUT as he has guarantee - of course AC should care bout ...
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Update I have replaced spark plugs unplugged and checked all electrical connections to sensors still no luck also checked fuel tank vents.Dealer is now telling me that Arctic Cat is telling them that this machine is not to be babied run the hell out of it and the dealer is telling me Arctic Cat is telling them it goes into cold start mode after sitting for 5-10 minutes saying the 02 sensor is telling ECU engine is cold.Guess they think I fell off turnip truck last night.I know that the coolant sensor is the sensor that tells the engine to go into cold mode.I am now searching for a new dealer before my 6 month warranty expires.Also was told that mydealer checked fuel psi but after changing spark plugs I found that was a LIE. The fuel line has never been touched from the pump,Does anyone know how to be able to talk to arctic cat other than the customer care line?

Member #
    Liked
    222 times
    No such luck on the super top secret phone line... You need to go directly through a dealer; that being said, go find a new one. Whereabouts are you located?
    I'd love for the forum members to be able to resolve your issue. Is there any chance you could post a short video of your buggy, so we have a better idea as to what it seems is going on?

-Your dealer needs to brush his teeth with a shot gun. -Arctic Cat would never brush a customer off like that; I am very doubtful your dealer even made the call...

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy12 View Post
    Update I have replaced spark plugs unplugged and checked all electrical connections to sensors still no luck also checked fuel tank vents.Dealer is now telling me that Arctic Cat is telling them that this machine is not to be babied run the hell out of it and the dealer is telling me Arctic Cat is telling them it goes into cold start mode after sitting for 5-10 minutes saying the 02 sensor is telling ECU engine is cold.Guess they think I fell off turnip truck last night.I know that the coolant sensor is the sensor that tells the engine to go into cold mode.I am now searching for a new dealer before my 6 month warranty expires.Also was told that mydealer checked fuel psi but after changing spark plugs I found that was a LIE. The fuel line has never been touched from the pump,Does anyone know how to be able to talk to arctic cat other than the customer care line?
    Big Daddy, don't make the mistake I did. Go Buy an Extended warranty before the 6 months. I waited too long and could not buy one after I found all the things that go wrong with the WC. Oh yes, they are going wrong almost every ride this season. Found another engine and I'm freshening it up and replacing all the parts I have had to steal off of it. Need a spare waiting is my goal.
    Hollywood likes this.
    2014X 1000 Wild Cat . 28" STU Stagger Cut 80/20 R/ Skat Track Buffed Front with 7 Glider Paddles. Candy Blue and White UMF Bead Lock Wheels 10" Wide rear 8" wide front. UTV Lighted Switches, Quick Lite Whips, LED side,nose,backup lights, UTV Harness Bar, 5 Point Belts, Horn. Sunbrella Tops, Blue and Black,Locking Black Trunk Box. Heat Shields over Muffler, Exhaust wrap. Modified air intakes. Amber Dust Led Light. Removed clutch cover. Karcraft susp limiting straps. Gusseted A Arms.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7349 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    Big Daddy, don't make the mistake I did. Go Buy an Extended warranty before the 6 months. I waited too long and could not buy one after I found all the things that go wrong with the WC. Oh yes, they are going wrong almost every ride this season. Found another engine and I'm freshening it up and replacing all the parts I have had to steal off of it. Need a spare waiting is my goal.
    Great advice right here. I have always been an advocate of an extended warranty. Reach out to MLS, and get their best price for it. The warranty can be used at any Cat dealer. You never know what is going to happen. For peace of mind alone, it's worth it.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I purchased the rpm extended warranty heck at this point I'm just trying to get basic warranty lol.Arctic cat called today to assure me they are not leaving me hanging out there they are hooking me up with a Gold star Arctic cat dealer.If MLS was closer it would be there but its going to Lincoln Powersports in Mosow,Mo.I will try to put video on here if I can fiure out how to lol. https://www.youtube.com/wildcat x/darrell
    Last edited by Bigdaddy12; 11-30-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    Buffer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Is that what you wanted to post?

I had a similar issue. Hard to start after running for 10 mins, felt like it was running on 1 cylinder, etc. Changed to iridium plugs and haven't had the problem since.
    Last edited by TNWildcat78; 12-01-2016 at 11:16 AM.
    Get.Slicked and Bigdaddy12 like this.
    '15 Wildcat X Viper Blue
    32x10x14 Outback Max on STI HD4's
    Muzzy SLD Delete
    Dalton Clutch Kit
    Odyknuck Retainer Plates
    Pace 12mm Studs
    Rear Cat Hitch
    AudioFormz Roof
    Viper Elite 5000
    Underglows
    DIY Snorkels