Not Happy with the wildcat 1000 x - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Not Happy with the wildcat 1000 x

Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Iridium plugs extincticated the dinosaurs!

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    That thing is idling way too high... have you checked for a vacuum leak at the intake? Spray some ether around the area of the throttle body at idle, see if the motor reacts. -check the clamp/boot on the throttle body, and the intake pipe has all the fastening hardware bolting it to the cylinders.

-The fact that your dealer gave that thing a good bill of health is beyond me... that guy is a window licker.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Yes mine starts fine but does that after you shut it off for 5-10 minutes then take off again and it will do this about 5 minutes into the ride.I have changed the plugs still doing it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    That's not at idle it does that out of clear blue going down trail,road etc. after you shut it off for 5-10 minutes then take off ridind and it will do this about 5 minutes in the ride.

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Try pm'ing warrantytony (Hollywood - that was his handle wasn't it?) on here - he seems to act like he has some inside info (hint, hint, nudge, nudge). if he is still around.
    Buffer likes this.
    2013 Red Limited BattleCat
    AJs Flares and rearview mirror
    30" LED Lightbar
    4' Whip Light
    Let's ride Brimstone!

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    That video has vacuum leak written all over it; by the way the engine breaks up and crackles like it does.
    Not idle? are you holding the engine at 2000+ RPM? What did the spark plugs you removed look like?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    It will do it at 2000-2500-3500-4000 I'm not holding it I'm driving it then it occurs and will not pick up any more rpm and if you push down on throttle it drops rpm.When you let off for a split second and stab it again runs perfect until you repeat the cycle.Plugs were black running rich.I am taking it to another dealer soon as I get a chance already talked to Lincoln Powersports in Mo. And they seem very positive and are not making excuses like my dealer I bought it from they will get it fixed and it was a dealer Arctic Cat recommended.I have checked all hose clamps and did the carb.cleaner check for vacuum (no change in rpm)

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy12 View Post
    It will do it at 2000-2500-3500-4000 I'm not holding it I'm driving it then it occurs and will not pick up any more rpm and if you push down on throttle it drops rpm.When you let off for a split second and stab it again runs perfect until you repeat the cycle.Plugs were black running rich.I am taking it to another dealer soon as I get a chance already talked to Lincoln Powersports in Mo. And they seem very positive and are not making excuses like my dealer I bought it from they will get it fixed and it was a dealer Arctic Cat recommended.I have checked all hose clamps and did the carb.cleaner check for vacuum (no change in rpm)
    Plugs wouldn't be black if it was a vaccuum leak. Sounds like a faulty ignition component. Hopefully the new dealer will set you straight.
    Bigdaddy12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Ok update on my sick Cat.I has been in shop off and on since last time I was on here.Took it to new dealer and they are actually working on it and trying to figure it out.As of now they have changed the gear selector switch (per arctic cat) They have changed complete wiring harness (per arctic cat)checked fuel psi,been in contact with Arctic Cat and still no fix and still continues to have this problem and now we are coming into the 6 month I have been dealing with this issue trying to be open minded and understanding but beginning to wonder I mean it has been in and out of shop since I bought it.Open to any suggestions I'm ready to ride.

Member #
    Liked
    1992 times
    This may sound 'off the wall' but have you tried a new battery? I've seen a defective battery confuse the brain and screw up the inputs. (New battery installed all good again)

I guess it's possible for some batteries to have intermittent internal shorts that appear with heat or vibration ?? ...
    stevozzz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2176 times
    That has got to suck. If it was an automobile, I would suggest "Lemon Law". I do not think that exists on toys, but if it did, you would for sure qualify.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Ya it does suck but I have faith in arctic cat not to mention the wife reminds me every month when she writes out the check lol.To make things suck even more our town made it legal to ride on city streets.

Member #
    Liked
    2370 times
    ^^ Lemon law may apply then, the first meeting with an attorney is normally free
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

4 Channel Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons (Post 27)

Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch /RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio/ Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

The Shiny Keg Plazma Kutter

Went To Market: 2011 CowMander

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    No lemon law on power sports vehicles already checked it out.Trying to keep a open mind and be positive
    Black Cat likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Recheck you gas tank venting, how does it run with the gas cap loose?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links