Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Wait For It.......

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I didn't think you were wrong, but I hate saying you're right to Brian! You, it's doubly hard to do, LOL! But you were right! Well, half right. I believe they are keeping Wildcat, just not AC.
    just rec'd from our a/c dealer timberline motorsports:

We had a Webinar today and i think the textron thing is a good thing. Yes from my understanding they will be changing the name of the atvs and side by sides to Textron off-road instead of Arctic Cat but they will keep the Wildcat, Prowler and Alterra names.....
    raynmary and Black Cat like this.
    2016 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail Special Edition (Camo/Orange)
    A/C:Front/Rear Black Aluminum Bumpers; Door Liners;
    Underhood Cargo Box; Kick Panel Bags; Flip Up Windshield; Polycarbonate Rear Panel; Front/Rear Fender Flares--Dragonfire:Harness Bar; Seat Belt Bracket Covers--PRP:"RS" Susp. Seats; 4.2 Harnesses--EMP:Aluminum Roof; UTV Folding Mirror Set; 13" Wide Panoramic Rear View Mirror--Bandit UTV Suspension:200/240 Shock Springs--EZRyde:Performance "Midnight" Muffler--Trail Armor:Skids w/Nerfs; A-Arm Protectors--Dalton/Speedwerx Hybrid:Clutch Kit & Secondary Clutch Spring w/Teflon Washers, Throttle Spring--Tensor:Regulator A/T 28/10R12 DOT Tires--Blak Roket:UTV Parking Brake System--DragonGunner:Brake Master Cylinder Shield--RycoMotorsports:Street Legal Kit--Raider:Rear Rack Box--WildcatWilly's:D&P Inspection Cover Vent; Glove Box Lid--MotoAlliance:Viper Elite 3500 lb. Winch w/Orange Synthetic Rope--FrogzSkin:Intake Vent Kit (x2)--GarageProducts:Front/Rear Sway Bar Bushings--

Member #
    Liked
    2179 times
    I didn't think you were wrong, but I hate saying you're right to Brian! You, it's doubly hard to do, LOL! But you were right! Well, half right. I believe they are keeping Wildcat, just not AC.
    OK, 2/3rd's right. Not going to be Arctic Cat, and not coming out in the fall. I bet most on here would have predicted it being late based on their track record alone.

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanTeck View Post
    just rec'd from our a/c dealer timberline motorsports:

We had a Webinar today and i think the textron thing is a good thing. Yes from my understanding they will be changing the name of the atvs and side by sides to Textron off-road instead of Arctic Cat but they will keep the Wildcat, Prowler and Alterra names.....
    That's correct, the sub brands are staying the same, under the Textron off road brand.

Anyone hear the name of the General killer they showed in the slide deck? This 100+hp sport utility? He started to say it and then stopped himself and just about slipped. It's started with "Ha" I almost heard Hatchet, but I doubt that would be used.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
    We now need a "Collectors Editions' section to the forum..
    Yeah, the "value" of my Cat just went up. We are the Beanie Babies of the SxS world, hooray...

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    I will take a stab at this, as much as I hate to suggest it, does this additional year or less give textron enough time to get a weber engine in the Textron Wildcat XX?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
    Yeah, the "value" of my Cat just went up. We are the Beanie Babies of the SxS world, hooray...
    Man, where is the dislike button when you need it!
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    2179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biff.org View Post
    I will take a stab at this, as much as I hate to suggest it, does this additional year or less give textron enough time to get a weber engine in the Textron Wildcat XX?
    Hmmm, that might explain the 125 HP. I hope you are wrong...
    biff.org likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    438 times
    Came out today that the Arctic Cat name will only be on the sleds, not the SXSs. They will be called Textron Offroad. I just think that is a major mistake. The XX will not be available until Spring '18. Horsepower claimed to be 125, suspension claimed to be 17.5.
    Wow those numbers are pretty underwhelming. I thought the first revealing of the xx boasted higher numbers then that?
    Current ride
    2015 Polaris Ranger Black Pearl
    Full 3" Outkast arched arm lift
    2" Highlifter bracket lift
    Rhino axles
    32" Terminators on Sti HD7 black and machined wheels
    Custom overhead stereo and roof
    20" cree light bar
    Blue led underbody rock lights
    MORE TO COME

SOLD
    2014 Wildcat Trail Painted Satin Black

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmax26 View Post
    Wow those numbers are pretty underwhelming. I thought the first revealing of the xx boasted higher numbers then that?
    No, not really. The suspension is the same, and the horsepower was around 130. So basically everything stayed close to the reveal.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1550 times
    Time will tell, my kitty is worth more now! LMAO!
    Ray
    2016 Wildcat Trail Special Edition
    DG Offroad cage, PRP seats, Dragonfire Harness Bar, Dragonfire rear bumper
    Pro Armor 4pt 3' harness, AC front bumper, Dragongunner Master Cylinder Cover
    UTV Fire Extinguisher, Viper Max Winch, Speedwerx Secondary Clutch Spring
    AXIA Alloys panoramic mirror, Seizmik Pursuit mirrors, FUTV 1/2 skids AJ'S Flares
    Awesome Offroad 40" LED light bar, 2- Awesome Offroad 2x2 LED cubes
    Rugged Radio & intercom system

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    These OEM's are learning to underrate the claimed HP numbers. If they give one at all. They are getting a much better relationship with the aftermarket tuners by not posting up a solid HP rating. If they leave it to the aftermarket to dyno it, then they can take the heat if they under/over rate it.

When the 998t was finally released as a production unit, the first of the aftermarket guys to dyno the sled, rated the 998t under 180hp. It was so much lower than the expected 200 that I thought they did this as a ploy. So that they could show higher gains with their products added on. Since then, the baseline of the stock engine has been shown again and again between 200-208hp. It was a fluke. But the original statement from Yamaha and AC was a guaranteed 180+hp in all conditions knowing the worst case scenario. This season they bumped that to an advertised 200+hp.

I see the same thing coming from the XX. If they stick to 125-130hp, then they can underpromise and over deliver. This also leaves some room for the aftermarket to pump their products. And if AC offers the turbo as an option, it will only add more value if the stock number is lower, showing a much larger gain with the turbo added (200hp baby!!)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1852 times
    hollywood....maybe i should try to sell my machine as a antique, or collectors item, maybe i should change the name of my ad lol

i do know the machine youre talking about, it does start with a H, but i cannot say anymore. Looks like a great machine tho.

also i heard honda release date is may 9th...dunno how much truth to it tho.
    JRI:ECX3 Shocks
    SpeedWerx:Full Exhaust,Motor,Full Clutch

Kryptic SxS:Cage,nerfbars,TieRods,AArms

PACE:SwayBar
    SSS OffRoad:KOHSkid
    SuperATV:RhinoAxles,EPS
    GBC: Tires
    Raceline: Wheels
    Custom Dual Rates/valving
    Sponsors:
    Dirt Decalz
    Brian@JRI
    Rick@SSS Offroad
    Jeremy@Speedwerx
    GBC
    Mark@MLS
    Dave@Kryptic SxS
    Ryan@Raceline
    Corey@SuperATV

Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    I never even heard of Texron Off Road before they bought Cat. When I looked it up they looked like some cheap nockoff 4x4, something you would buy at your local farm store. I may be wrong but I think it's a mistake to get rid of the AC name. With the way the winters have been it won't be long and the Cat sleds will see the end too. Arctic Cat to sleds and atv/utv is like Harley is to the hardcore biker, almost a cult like following. They will really have to pull something special out of their hat to keep the diehard Cat people on board. My self being one of them. Cat has had their fault's but have always stepped up and made it right, something the other two do not and have a feeling Textron won't either.
    Last edited by drako1; 04-19-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    2013.5 Red X
    2014 Green X
    DragonFire twin pipes
    Dobeck Gen4 AFR
    ITP SS108
    DragonFire Flying V
    Speedwerx 105 BB
    FOX RC2's

Member #
    Liked
    2179 times
    ^^^Even Nissan had the good sense to phase in the Nissan name when the dropped Datsun.^^^

Arctic Cat by Textron for a few years would have been smarter in my opinion, but since I do not own the company, I do not get to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    2370 times
    drako1,

That was probably the Bad Boy Buggy division of Textron they bought them out also about a year or so ago. They also own Bell Helicopters (lets see one of those turbines put in the XX) Textron also owned Polaris once upon a time.
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

4 Channel Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons (Post 27)

Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch /RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio/ Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

The Shiny Keg Plazma Kutter

Went To Market: 2011 CowMander

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links