New Upstate NY'er Here
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dspete05

Thread: New Upstate NY'er Here

Member #

New Upstate NY'er Here

Hello! Glad to see a good forum for the wildcat. I'll be picking up a new trail xt (my first sxs) this week and can't wait to get some riding in before the snow starts piling up. Looking forward to participating in the cause!

Thanks,

Brandon

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2703 times
    Good morning 8716valver!!! Welcome to the forum. You have most definitely found the best Wildcat forum on the net. Lots of good people and answers to all you questions and concerns you could have for your new Trail. Hope you get some good riding in, you will love your new machine. This forum is a good place for new members to feel comfortable sharing their ideas and participating in some good natured banter. Our excellent Moderator and his side kick (haha, sorry Steve, I had to) will be on soon to give you some excellent tips also. Have fun and ride safe.
    Hollywood likes this.
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Muzzy: complete exhaust system - Dobeck: Gen 4 AFR+ fuel tuner - Speedwerx: clutch spring - R2C Performance: air filter - A/C: steel bumpers front and rear, Warn winch, rearview mirror, full windshield, polycarbonate rear panel, front storage box - AJ's: fender flares, radiator guards - Dragongunner: brake reservoir guard - Sak kitty: parking brake - SuperATV: rack & pinion stabilizer kit, frame stiffener - EMP: aluminum roof, smack back buggy mirrors - SSS Off Road: skid plate - PRP: GT/SE suspension seats - Dragonfire: harness bar - ProArmor: 2" padded 4 pt. harnesses (red) - Bandit: (200/240) spring set - Kimpex: Expedition Sport Trunk - Wolfsnout: goggles & dust mask - Garage Products: suspension bushings - Kanati: Mongrel AT27x9R12 front, AT27x11R12 rear

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    Welcome to the Wildcat Forums & Wildcat Family. Congratulations on your new toy. First mod you should look into is a harness bar and harnesses. Your neck will thank us later for this recommendation. They are more comfortable and safer than OEM belts. I too am from CNY and just sold my Trail. Upgrading to a Sport in Feb and getting from MLS Powersports in Ky...their prices and service cant be beat..I do all the mantenance..unless you own property the trails closed Sept 30th and now the hunters are on thsm with sledders soon to follow..maybe I will see you at Snirt in April

Steve
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Faith, Family, Friends
    Race, Ride, Relax

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveAhReeno View Post
    Welcome to the Wildcat Forums & Wildcat Family. Congratulations on your new toy. First mod you should look into is a harness bar and harnesses. Your neck will thank us later for this recommendation. They are more comfortable and safer than OEM belts. I too am from CNY and just sold my Trail. Upgrading to a Sport in Feb and getting from MLS Powersports in Ky...their prices and service cant be beat..I do all the mantenance..unless you own property the trails closed Sept 30th and now the hunters are on thsm with sledders soon to follow..maybe I will see you at Snirt in April

Steve
    Bar and harnesses, check. My wife and I were just talking about the snirt run yesterday!

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Trails close in upstate New York? haha i grew up just east of Syracuse and I've never heard of such a thing. Just lots of free, open state land to run where i'm from

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Welcome 8716valver, congrats on the upcoming Trail. Yeah, definitely harnesses and a harness bar. As a first time SXS owner, take your time, and get to know your machine. Most newbies have roll overs doing less than 5 mph. Don't do donuts, as that is a sure way of introducing your side to the ground. Read up, ask questions.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Welcome to the forum 8716valver, it's a great place for info, lot's of experience on just about everything!
    Ray
    2019 Wildcat XX
    Aluminum roof, Front windshield, rear window
    Sound system
    30" Motovators

Member #
    Thanks everybody!

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    welcome this is a great forum

Member #
    Still haven't taken delivery but I already bought my prp harnesses thanks to the good info here. Can't wait for this Cat!

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links