New member and potential owner
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New member and potential owner

Member #

New member and potential owner

Hi all,

I am new member here. Looking at picking up a lightly used 2014 Wildcat X next week. Just trying to decide if its the right move as all my buddies are all about their Rzr's and have ben slamming the cat' reliability. Even my buddy who is about to rebuild his Rzr with 1200 miles on it.

So just been browsing your fine site, learning a lot, and planning required mods in case I pick her up on Tuesday.

I probably should of added that I think the cat's the coolest looking SXS out there.
    Last edited by coldgas; 12-04-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Welcome clodgas, every brand has issues, i too was looking at a poopoo, until i found the trail, i won't pick mine up till February, personally i like the way i sit in the trail vs the rzr, my neighbor is still on the fence about it. Good luck with whatever you get!
    Ray
    2019 Wildcat XX
    Aluminum roof, Front windshield, rear window
    Sound system
    30" Motovators

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Welcome coldgas. As stated, every SXS has issues. The Cat has great suspension, and seat positioning. You can always buy horsepower.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I looked at the RZR 570 before I bought my WildCat Trail. I went with the Trail mainly for price, since I'd never owned or evn ridden in a SxS. The local RZR dealer was charging me about $2,000 in taxes and assembly fees and all kinds of other stuff. BassPro charged me base tax and a $25 fee. I got a new 2015 WildCat Trail 700 for $9,600 plus tax and one $25 fee.

It does seem that there are more lifts and accessories available for the RZR, but I could be looking in the wrong locations.

I love the 50" Width of the trail, it was a requirement for me. I can hang with my ATV buddies on trails and the wife or son is comfortable in the seat next to me.

Overall I'm sure you'll have a blast on any of the side by sides.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Not trying to talk you out of it but if I was buying a full size Today I would buy the Polaris because of the better motor over the Cat and all the available parts.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    welcome I have a full size wildcat with 5238 miles on it and I had a rzr xp 900 with 4726 miles luv the seating position and ride of the wildcat best out there I did get to ride in rzr 1000 and it does have the power but hands down the wildcat has the best ride out there couldn't wait to get back in my wildcat
    blackkat likes this.

Member #
    I am leaning heavily towards getting the Wildcat. Its a trading kind of deal and I learned its a 2013.5 X model. Has 950 miles on it. I guess the fact that by doing some trading I can get into it for about $6400 US is also very attractive. It already has a windshield, roof, and a stereo with Bluetooth makes me think its a pretty decent deal really. It does need the lower plastic below the door on passenger side replaced though. Looks like he gouged it on something.
    I will be seeing it in person on Tuesday and have to decide whether to pull the trigger on it.
    Thinking I would need to get some harnesses in it right away and probably do some bigger tires, and clutch kit of some sort. So much info to read on here.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coldgas View Post
    I am leaning heavily towards getting the Wildcat. Its a trading kind of deal and I learned its a 2013.5 X model. Has 950 miles on it. I guess the fact that by doing some trading I can get into it for about $6400 US is also very attractive. It already has a windshield, roof, and a stereo with Bluetooth makes me think its a pretty decent deal really. It does need the lower plastic below the door on passenger side replaced though. Looks like he gouged it on something.
    I will be seeing it in person on Tuesday and have to decide whether to pull the trigger on it.
    Thinking I would need to get some harnesses in it right away and probably do some bigger tires, and clutch kit of some sort. So much info to read on here.
    $6400 seems very, very cheap. Make sure you give it a very good look over. Look for oil leaks, bent lower a arms, bent tie rods, etc.

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    $6400 seems very, very cheap. Make sure you give it a very good look over. Look for oil leaks, bent lower a arms, bent tie rods, etc.
    I am trading him a sled valued at $8500 that I got in a trade deal on some dirt bikes. So he feels I am paying him $8500. Just works out good for me due to a string of trading stuff. lol
    I will definitely have a close look at it. Probably have the local Cat dealer give it a clean bill of health as well.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    I am trading him a sled valued at $8500 that I got in a trade deal on some dirt bikes. So he feels I am paying him $8500. Just works out good for me due to a string of trading stuff. lol
    I will definitely have a close look at it. Probably have the local Cat dealer give it a clean bill of health as well.
    Sounds good, let us know how it works out.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    so you are trading him an $8500 sled plus $6400? MLS is having a sale on brand new rigs for that price
    Current ride
    2015 Polaris Ranger Black Pearl
    Full 3" Outkast arched arm lift
    2" Highlifter bracket lift
    Rhino axles
    32" Terminators on Sti HD7 black and machined wheels
    Custom overhead stereo and roof
    20" cree light bar
    Blue led underbody rock lights
    MORE TO COME

SOLD
    2014 Wildcat Trail Painted Satin Black

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmax26 View Post
    so you are trading him an $8500 sled plus $6400? MLS is having a sale on brand new rigs for that price
    Yeah, but you're like me, and keep forgetting where members live. Doesn't really matter what type of sale MLS has, it won't help our Canadian members. They get killed with border fees, taxes, and stuff like that. A 15K Cat from MLS to come over the border probably balloons to 21K +.
    jmax26 likes this.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    3406 times
    I think he is trading an $8500 sled that he has $6400 in. If that is the case do it, if it is the other way I would pass.

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    With the lack of snow this winter that trade is good in every way....looks like a short season this year and sled sitting in garage or on trailer much longer than normal..cant believe Tug Hill or even Buffalo has no snow yet.....gonna be 61 this weekend...
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Faith, Family, Friends
    Race, Ride, Relax

Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yeah, but you're like me, and keep forgetting where members live. Doesn't really matter what type of sale MLS has, it won't help our Canadian members. They get killed with border fees, taxes, and stuff like that. A 15K Cat from MLS to come over the border probably balloons to 21K +.
    Yeah it seems like this site is really blowing up in canada. Seems like all the new members here lately have been from canada and i ALWAYS forget to look at the location of the OP lol
    Current ride
    2015 Polaris Ranger Black Pearl
    Full 3" Outkast arched arm lift
    2" Highlifter bracket lift
    Rhino axles
    32" Terminators on Sti HD7 black and machined wheels
    Custom overhead stereo and roof
    20" cree light bar
    Blue led underbody rock lights
    MORE TO COME

SOLD
    2014 Wildcat Trail Painted Satin Black