new to a cat but not new to the dunes, desert or mountains
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times

new to a cat but not new to the dunes, desert or mountains

hey guys, let me know some basic tips, tricks or maintenance type of things that might help me. here is a little rundown of what i'm working with, let me know what you think. i'm pretty familiar with the whole utv / cvt type of stuff because i've had a rhino for the past year and have been riding motocross for about 5 or 6 years.

2013 wildcat 1000 (not a 2013.5+ X or limited unfortunately)
    STM Rage 6 primary dry clutch
    belt blower fan w/ vent holes behind seat
    30" led bar
    alum roof
    pro armor doors
    flashed ECU to aftermarket slip on exhaust
    led whip and a couple little things

i have to move my lowrance gps, raceline beadlocks / general grabber at2's (with wheel adapters) and suspension seats over from the rhino still but hopefully all that will be done by christmas.

NEED: (suggestions please)
    tool / extra belt storage and cooler ideas
    bulletproofing ideas
    power adder ideas (under $600)
    shock set up... i basically want to be able to do 65 - 70 down olds at the bottom and not have the back end step out.

thanks!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Welcome PushL1. Nice mods you have, don't see harnesses? Hopefully you have them or are getting them. Stock WE shocks are good, but you'll have to upgrade for better suspension to get what you want. Either the Fox RC2 Podiums, which IMO, is a great shock, or the Stage 5 Elkas, great shock, alot more money too. You already have the ECU reflash, and exhaust. Doubt there is anything under $600 for power upgrades. Since you have a '13, does it have the quicker steering mod done to it? If not, it's cheap, easy, and well worth doing. Do a search for sharper steering.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Oh, forgot to add, we are having our second annual Glamis Wildcat Weekend, February 25 - 28, I believe. There is a thread about that too. Everyone is invited,just let member Jbl know on the thread Iif you are intending to show.

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Oh, forgot to add, we are having our second annual Glamis Wildcat Weekend, February 25 - 28, I believe. There is a thread about that too. Everyone is invited,just let member Jbl know on the thread Iif you are intending to show.

thanks for the reply!!!
    i do have 4pt harnesses and one of my best friends is higher up at king shocks, so that is the route im taking with shocks. i would like to try clickers and adding nitrogen to the stock shocks before spend the money though, its still pretty expensive with around half off hah. i literally havent even taken the thing out yet, other than a couple rips around my shop. i'll be going out tuesday for the first time. what is the best belt, to my understanding wildcat has a major belt issue or is belt shredding not really as bad as i hear?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PushL1 View Post
    thanks for the reply!!!
    i do have 4pt harnesses and one of my best friends is higher up at king shocks, so that is the route im taking with shocks. i would like to try clickers and adding nitrogen to the stock shocks before spend the money though, its still pretty expensive with around half off hah. i literally havent even taken the thing out yet, other than a couple rips around my shop. i'll be going out tuesday for the first time. what is the best belt, to my understanding wildcat has a major belt issue or is belt shredding not really as bad as i hear?
    Two things, both my opinion. The stock OEM AC belt is the best belt out there. That's all I use. Others members have used the Gates belt, some with good results, some without good results. Second thing, since you have had a Rhino, and ride MX, you should be OK. I tell every new member with belt concerns, drive them like a 2 stroke dirt bike. Either on the gas, or on the brakes. The worst thing you can do is go on a nice steady 40 mph cruise for around 20 minutes. Sure way to blow a belt. The clutch secondary needs to work, expand and contract grabbing the belt. When it doesn't, it turns into a heat sink, transferring the heat to the belt, until it blows. You have a blower I see, so that should help. Get a spare belt, and all tools necessary for changing it in the field.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Also the stock WE shocks should have 200 psi. If you have a nitrogen kit, no problem. Your buddy at King should have one to use if you don't.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Sponsored Links