Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Nichadaemus
  • 1 Post By Hollywood

Thread: New Wildcat Sport owner from Ocala Florida

Member #
    Liked
    42 times

New Wildcat Sport owner from Ocala Florida

Hey y'all, just wanted to introduce myself to the group here. I want to thank y'all for the pages of information I read before making my purchase. I pulled the trigger on a 2015 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Feb 6th 2016. It's a base black/red model, but boy does it look like a true dune buggy compared to my golf cart on steroids RZR 570. Don't get me wrong, I really love my 50" 570, and no, I'm not a Polaris fanboy, but fan of all things off road. I appreciate all machines, having been raised on an old 84 Honda ATC 110 3-wheeler and an 86 Honda TRX-125 in the woods of western Massachusetts. My wife was raise on a Yamaha 80 4-wheeler, so we both have a love of being out in the woods riding. That being said, I took a 25 year hiatus from riding while raising young children and working my butt off. Now in our early 40's and living in north central Florida, this computer engineer (DBA) and his lovely redheaded wife (who's an RN) decided it was time to get back to our roots. We originally got a 2014 Polaris RZR 570 and Sportsman 400 and Phoenix 200, figuring my wife would drive the RZR with my developmentally challenged eldest daughter, the 400 for me and the 200 for my youngest daughter. That was two years ago. Since then I stole the SxS from my wife because I just fell in love with the little jeep and she took the 400 atv to stop me from buying another SXS. Bah! With her blessing I sold the two 4 wheelers to a friend and bought the wildcat. I rolled the RZR more than a few times, but never did any real damage thankfully. I knew I needed something wider and more stable. I was eying the Polaris RZR S900 and really wanting one, but when I saw the DirtTrax video about the Wildcat Sport (linked at end of post) I started to look at the AC Wildcat Sport more seriously and I found myself really thinking about what I really need vs what I thought I needed. I also found this forum and really dug into the good, the bad, and everything in between. I then found one hell of a deal at the closest AC dealer to me (1.5 hour drive away) and it was a tough choice, but I think the AC Wildcat Sport is more value to me and how I ride. I do mostly trail riding, with the occasional mud bog or hill climb or technical rock crawl, so I wanted an all around vehicle that could still maneuver well on the trails of the Ocala National Forest (mostly deep sugar sand and plenty of kidney killing whoops). I nearly totaled the RZR 570 on a trail when a Honda TRX 450R came fast around a blind corner (the trails are full of blind corners because the Florida undergrowth is a green jungle wall and the trails are more like green and brown canyons, and the damn trails are two way. The 20 mph speed limit is ignored by everyone on a sport quad or dirt bike.) and hit me head on. I was leading my pack of friends and family and I was at a dead stop when he hit me. It folded my drivers side front a-arms under the UTV and destroyed my radiator and bent my frame. Thankfully my daughter and I were completely unharmed. God Bless Roll Cages and Seat Belts! The quad driver broke his helmet on my roll bar in front of my face and had to be pulled from the woods by rescue atv with a stretcher trailer and taken to the hospital. I immediately got the EMP outback bumper for the RZR after the insurance company settled on a price with the local dealership for repairs. Needless the say this experience taught me two valuable lessons. 1) Always get the GAP insurance (which I did not like a jackass) 2) Insure your vehicle(I like Markel) 3) Go slow on blind trails , and 4) Get a big ass steel bumper mounted to the frame in several places to spread out the impact load. This last one proved itself again lately when a motorcycle ride blasted around a corner and smacked into me just a few weeks ago. I got one little dent in the EMP logo on the bumper, and he twisted his handlebars and nearly broke his wrist. I can't preach this enough...stay under 20mph on trails that you can't see around the corners and please hug the left side of the trail at all times.
    Anyhoo, I got the AC WCS so now we have two UTVs for family trail riding, mudding at Hogwaller and this summer, we plan to hit the Hatfield and McCoy trails in West Virginia. I've taken the Wildcat out once on Sunday and put about 30 miles on it. I can't fairly judge it yet with so little driving time, but I was impressed by the suspension over the big whoops, the power through the deep sandy trails, and the full steel frame that extends out front past the radiator. I'm not used to the seat just yet (feels like I'm sliding forward, like it needs more lower thigh support and more of a butt-bucket to hold your ass in place. I also had a little problem with the heat shield on the exhaust melting a hole in the firewall behind the passenger seat. The dealership has already ordered all the parts and has a better heat shield solution in mind to put on the new firewall plastics. I knew this was a potential problem, I just did not expect it to happen the first time I drove it, lol. Oh well, I got a list of improvements ready to go (thank you all for listing everything y'all have found wrong and how you fixed them) I really do like the Wildcat Sport. I think with a few mods and tweaks here and there it will be my dream machine. It took me two years to get the RZR 570 the way I wanted it, so I will enjoy getting to know my new toy, turning some wrenches, inventing new and amazing ways to fix common problems (laughing at myself as I write this) and just embracing the whole experience of this machine. My Polaris's have been solid machines, but not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I knew what I was getting into with this Wildcat, and I am confident I will still love this little beast for many, many years to come. It is SO MUCH MORE FUN TO DRIVE FAST than the RZR 570. I can say that with confidence.
    Name:  20160207_190529235_iOS.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  4.85 MB

Last edited by Nichadaemus; 02-09-2016 at 11:46 PM.
    2015 Wildcat Sport

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    Welcome to the Wildcat Forums & Wildcat Family!! Suggest a set of Harnesses w/Harness bar. You'll thank this suggestion especially after long rides with OEM digging in your neck. Look forward to seeing what mods and pics you post up in the future. Good luck with the new machine.
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Faith, Family, Friends
    Race, Ride, Relax

Member #
    Liked
    1691 times
    Welcome Aboard...congrats on the new ride.!!!!
    March 2016 Wildcat Of The Month

My Youtube Channell

2015 Sport Unlimited Money Pit

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Welcome!

Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new ride!
    Ray
    2019 Wildcat XX
    Aluminum roof, Front windshield, rear window
    Sound system
    30" Motovators

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Welcome Nichadaemus, congrats. Second the harnesses and harness bar. Might want to break up big posts like that into paragraphs too, makes for an easier read.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Welcome aboard you'll love the sport!
    16' WILDCAT SPORT LIMITED

"FINANCIAL NIGHTMARE"

AC-
    Windscreen, bed bag, f/r aluminum bumpers, aluminum roof, door liners
    SSV WORKS- overhead 4 speaker radio
    AJs- bushings
    ITP- 28x10x12 blackwater Evos
    SEDONA- 12x7 5+2 badlands
    OPT 7-
    led under dash lights, h4 led headlights
    ARSENAL OFFROAD- 38" slim light bar, front and rear 7" slim light bars
    UTV INC- 4pt harnesses in lime green
    DRAGONGUNNER- Brake reservoir cover
    MOTO ALLIANCE-
    4000lb viper max synthetic line
    BADASS UNLIMITED- brass knuckle shifter
    DIY- harness bar, radiator guards, full windshield, header wrap, motor mount mod

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Welcome Nichadaemus, congrats. Second the harnesses and harness bar.
    I got the harnesses and harness bar installed and boy, y'all were so right! Best upgrade yet! So comfy and no belt biting my neck.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9035 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichadaemus View Post
    I got the harnesses and harness bar installed and boy, y'all were so right! Best upgrade yet! So comfy and no belt biting my neck.
    There you go. Another safe, happy member!
    raynmary likes this.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    738 times
    Looks like I'm late to the party welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride
    2015 Wildcat x Limited
    AC stereo roof
    Poly windshield
    Poly rear window
    Trail
    Armor full skids with nerf sliders
    Factory UTV A arm skids

High Lifter high clearance lower radius bars
    32" curved duel row led light bar with custom mount
    AJ's front fender flares and shoulder guards
    AC rear fender flares
    2' Outlaw whips
    Seizmik center and side mirrors

My YouTube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcc...vt6vTNxK88WoWA
    2015 Wildcat Sport XT

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Welcome. Visited the Orlando area a few days ago...love your weather. Have fun on the Cat.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    welcome

Sponsored Links