Wildcat Forum banner

New sport limited owner in iowa

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  kevin5881 
#1 ·
I have been poking around this site for a few months but as of today, I am official. I just took delivery of a 15 white sport limited. I have been on atvs off and on since I was 3. I have been wanting a side by side for years and have tried several brands over the years at various demo events. I have pretty much been a Polaris guy for the last 10 years. I wanted to like the rzrs but they never wowed me. Tested a trail and knew I would be buying one. The bang for the buck was what hooked me. I started looking and reading on this site. Somehow I went from base trail to sport limited in the blink of an eye. I already have a list of mods started even though I told myself I wouldn't do anything to it. This is a great site and I look forward to contributing. Here is a picture of my wife and son on their first ride. I think they both approve.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum Kevin. Congrats on the new ride. One mod leads to another, so let the fun begin and enjoy.

#8 ·
Welcome to the Wildcat Forums & Wildcat Family!! One of your first mods should be a harness bar w/harnesses - it makes it much more comfortable, especially on longer rides and it's much safer. Great pics and looks like you already have the smiles abound

#10 ·
Welcome kevin5881, congrats on the Sport! That pic should be your avatar! Put harnesses, and a harness bar on top of your list of mods. Protect the family, and yourself. There is a sticky note in the Trail section, that talks about problems, fixes, and mods. Worth a read. Any questions, ask away.

#12 ·
Welcome to the forum,

#13 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Found some great stuff in the stickies. Going to be adjusting the throttle tonight as mine is horrible. Also going to gut the cat and make some radiator mud shields. Harness' were on the list but my wife informed me that we also need the bump seat so that my 2 year old can ride as well. Anyone know much about the pro armor harness'? Seem to be pretty economical. Just wondering if they are junk.

#14 ·
Any harness is better than the stock seat belts. I think some members have the Pro Amor ones.

#16 ·
Welcome Kevin!!! I like the picture!! It's always great when the whole family can enjoy something together. If you plan on putting in a back panel, you'll have to go with the Dragonfire harness bar, because all the other ones I saw attach to the rear roll bar. I went with the UTVinc harnesses, very nice set-up. They come in a 2in or 3in width and many colors. Have fun with your new machine and post up pics as you get her together.

#18 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to do the dragon fire in case I ever do the rear window. I am looking at the prp 4.2 harness mainly because they have automotive style latches. Should be easier for my wife and kids to use. I also think I prefer the h style with the chest clasp to keep them where they are supposed to be. Sorry but I have never owned a vehicle with harness' so I'm not sure what I will like and what I won't like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.