From this:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire All-terrain vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire

To this:
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle All-terrain vehicle

Preparing to sacrifice a couple virgins in Moab:
Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Great info here. Look forward to working out a few of the Cat shortcomings.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Badley, nice looking Cats!

Reactions: Badley and DelQ
#3 ·
Good looking Cats! Where in Utah do you usually ride?

#4 ·
Nice! And I see you are in the parking lot of Hells Revenge...one of my favorite trails so far!

Reactions: Badley
#6 · (Edited)
when you are rock climbing, be sure to use low range

dont crank the machine and rev it up in park

when you are crawling, use the 4wd and 4wd lock for a full 4tire pull. that machine will climb literally anything you have the nuts to point it at.

they should be a blast

crank them in neutral where you can blip the throttle to clear it out before you begin the ride.

#7 ·
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new toys. I came from a Commander and like the Cat much better. It fit's my style better. Gave the Commander to the wife and I am not letting her drive the Cat cause I know she will want one!

#8 ·
Welcome from a former RZR owner. Da Cat much betta! I lucked out that my wife is perfectly content to let me drive all the time.

#9 ·
Thanks all. The Red one is my wife's. They both have exactly the same parts (the smart thing to do for equality :D). We prefer rock crawling and usually ride Moab Spring and Fall and have been trail guides for Rally on the Rocks for the last 4-5 years. Winters we usually head for St. George, UT - Sand Hollow. Broke them in last weekend on Fins and Hells, and then Cliffhanger and Pritchet Canyon and finished up Sunday on Goldbar. We love the power, torgue, suspension, locker and length. Clutch engages hard, smoked the belts on the waterfall on Pritchet. I had my RZR tuned to engage perfectly so I hope I can get the X to do the same in spite of the torgue and power of the X. Plan to so the tighter steering mod, High Lifter radius arms on the way. Worried that my wife may not like the X as mush as her RZR 4, but she was all smiles - her first time driving Cliffhanger and Pritchet and she may have showed up some of us boys in her Cat. Look forward to hanging here and learning from you all.

#16 ·
My Roctanes are 30", 8 ply and hook up really well (they are heavy). No DOT rating - offroad only. I have friends running Mongrels - they have excellent traction in most conditions, but I think the Roctanes are better for crawling in a variety on conditions - especially loose stuff, the big lugs help. I am not sure of the Mongrel plys (I think they are 8 too, but sidewall not near as stout as the Roctanes), but a few of my friends have lost sidewalls, mainly from low pressure and maybe hitting too hard. Ran 6 lbs in the Mongrels and felt very comfortable with the flex and traction. I was extremely happy with clearance the 30" tires and the Cat gave me. I will be working on clutch to help smooth out initial clutch engagement - cheaper than buying belts every weekend...

Sorry Fozzy - photos not possible. Roof is a new Pro Armor release. 4 U clamps mount it to the stock cage - I have an SSV overhead stereo - had to custom mount to make it work. Basically plugged the mounting holes, drilled new holes between and tapped the cage for 4 mounting bolts. Had to use spacers to clear the SSV (1/4"nylon spacer with rubber washer for a little dampening - added the rubber pads that came with it and also some dense weather strip in other areas). That V-Twin in the X makes everything rattle :rolleyes: still some tweeking to do. It is a nice looking roof, and best of all offers better shade in the front and a drip rail.

#17 ·
Here are a couple of pics from the back/side Fozzy...
Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

#19 ·
Thanks. I see you live in Utah. I live in Riverton. Where did you get your roof ? I looked at Pro Armor's Web site and they did not show it. I have the tusk rear tie track and need a top that does not cover the rest bar to much. Looks like it might work.

#21 ·
#20 ·
yup those cats look great

Reactions: Badley
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.