• 1 Post By tjco333
  • 1 Post By missiondude
  • 1 Post By tjco333

Thread: FNG from Utah.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

FNG from Utah.

Just bought a 2014 wildcat 1000x with 2200 miles on it. It runs great with a few squeaks and groans. It also has a oil leak somewhere underneath which I can't seen to locate. What are hotspots for leaks. Thank in advanced.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tjco333 View Post
    Just bought a 2014 wildcat 1000x with 2200 miles on it. It runs great with a few squeaks and groans. It also has a oil leak somewhere underneath which I can't seen to locate. What are hotspots for leaks. Thank in advanced.
    Welcome! My 14 X leaked everywhere. Called it the Textron Valdez.
    Hollywood likes this.
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    834 times
    Welcome to the group, depends on how bad a leak you're chasing. Just a slight seep, ignore it and watch the level. Enjoy the machine.
    August 2018 Wildcat Of The Month

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8947 times
    Welcome tjco333, congrats. Hopefully, you'll be looking into harnesses, and a harness bar for your car. Safety first. A lot of cars have the starter o-ring oil leak. Check there. Also the quality of the hose clamps AC uses are worthless. Replace them with good hose clamps on all your oil lines.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    489 times
    Welcome to the forum!

The engine in the X (and the 1000) is assembled from lots of separate castings. Some parts have gaskets, but many are sealed by RTV. The most common joint to leak seems to be the vertical seam between the two halves of the engine case, but there are lots and lots of places that can leak oil. The magneto or stator cover, for example, is exposed to the crankcase and oil. If you run the 'cat on a side slope with the driver's side down, that cavity can collect oil until the ground levels out.

Find the leak and tell us where it is. Someone will have repaired that area.

My '15 X weeped a bit of oil from the stator cover when I overfilled it and ran it that way, but otherwise it has been (knock wood) mostly leak free.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Welcome tjco333, congrats. Hopefully, you'll be looking into harnesses, and a harness bar for your car. Safety first. A lot of cars have the starter o-ring oil leak. Check there. Also the quality of the hose clamps AC uses are worthless. Replace them with good hose clamps on all your oil lines.
    . I have already found one clamp that needs to be replaced. That fixed it so far.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    My 14 Wildcat Trail had a small leak out of the oil cooler lines. Recall had been done. Previous owner overfilled it which is common because of the dipstick fill mark. Changed the oil, proper level and no leaks.

Member #
    Liked
    634 times
    It runs great with a few squeaks and groans. It also has a oil leak somewhere
    ...haha thats how they are - love it or hate it...;-))
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Sponsored Links