Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Racko
  • 2 Post By Racko

Thread: New to side by sides need advice

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

New to side by sides need advice

Hey guys, I’m look for a little help on my first side by side purchase. I love the way the wildcats look compared to the competition and it would be nice to have something a little different. After all my research it seems like it could potentially be a good first rig but could be a bit under powered.

I can get a new 2018 Wildcat 1000 X LTD for about 13k but should I just spend a extra couple thousand and buy a used 2019 RZR 1000 XP?

Thanks in advance,
    Nate

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9007 times
    Welcome Racko, my best advice would be to not get a SXS, as they will slowly take all your money, LOL! The way prices are now, you can get a brand new Tracker XX, same as the Wildcat for under $16K. You should look at that before anything, IMO. Good luck.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Welcome Racko, my best advice would be to not get a SXS, as they will slowly take all your money, LOL! The way prices are now, you can get a brand new Tracker XX, same as the Wildcat for under $16K. You should look at that before anything, IMO. Good luck.
    Haha I’ve tried to resist it but my buddy isn’t going to giving up on trying to get me into one. I haven’t seen any good deals on XX’s around here but they do have one at the place I’m going so I’ll check it out and see if they actually want to sell it. Thanks for the reply!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    981 times
    If you can swing the XX do it..if not the 2018 X for 13k is a good buy....I just bought a new 18XX for under 16k, not sure where you are but deals are out there! The rzr 1k is a good machine but really a different animal than the XX or even the X. What type of riding you do? That will also come into play. FWIW IMO I would not buy a used RZR over a new 18X and I have had both....but it really depend on where you ride and your budget.
    Last edited by thunder45; 10-19-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    2014 X Limited
    April 2016 WOTM

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder45 View Post
    If you can swing the XX do it..if not the 2018 X for 13k is a good buy....I just bought a new 18XX for under 16k, not sure where you are but deals are out there! The rzr 1k is a good machine but really a different animal than the XX or even the X. What type of riding you do? That will also come into play. FWIW IMO I would not buy a used RZR over a new 18X and I have had both....but it really depend on where you ride and your budget.
    I really do like the XX and I could swing it but the ones around here new are around 20k and the few used ones are around 17k. I'm in Northern Nevada and what it will be used for is mild rock crawling and general trail riding. I just want to make sure I can keep up with my buddies 1000 XP. Coming from someone who has owned both what are some some of the pro's and con's that you felt?

Member #
    Liked
    981 times

New to side by sides need advice

Quote Originally Posted by Racko View Post
    I really do like the XX and I could swing it but the ones around here new are around 20k and the few used ones are around 17k. I'm in Northern Nevada and what it will be used for is mild rock crawling and general trail riding. I just want to make sure I can keep up with my buddies 1000 XP. Coming from someone who has owned both what are some some of the pro's and con's that you felt?
    Is there a Cabella’s or Bass Pro around you? $17999 nation wide “No haggle” price for a 2020 XX, or XTR1000 as they call it. Be careful buying a used machine because 99% of the one around here are roaches and need a lot of attention after the purchase, not that there are not good used buys out there but most of them are the cost of new that I see.

Really you should drive both the rzr and the X to see what you like better...they are 2 completely different feeling, handling machines. Rzr has a more robust engine/driveline but frame/suspension is better on the X. Power wise they are pretty close but in a drag race the rzr wins. They worked most all of the issues out by 18 so be careful reading through a lot of the problems and stories on here. The rzr has limitless aftermarket support, AC machines are limited.

All in all if budget is important I would buy a new X for 13k any day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 X Limited
    April 2016 WOTM

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder45 View Post
    Is there a Cabella’s or Bass Pro around you? $17999 nation wide “No haggle” price for a 2020 XX, or XTR1000 as they call it. Be careful buying a used machine because 99% of the one around here are roaches and need a lot of attention after the purchase, not that there are not good used buys out there but most of them are the cost of new that I see.

Really you should drive both the rzr and the X to see what you like better...they are 2 completely different feeling, handling machines. Rzr has a more robust engine/driveline but frame/suspension is better on the X. Power wise they are pretty close but in a drag race the rzr wins. They worked most all of the issues out by 18 so be careful reading through a lot of the problems and stories on here. The rzr has limitless aftermarket support, AC machines are limited.

All in all if budget is important I would buy a new X for 13k any day!

There’s a Cabella’s close buy so I’ll check with them. But you’re right about the used thing I really don’t want to get into someone else’s problem as my first SXS.

I’m going to see if I can get some test drives to get a better idea of what I prefer but I’m thinking the new X for 13k is going to be my best bet!

Thanks again for your advice!
    thunder45 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I ended up picked up a 2019 XX in case you guys were wondering. After driving the X and the XX back to back I felt that the XX was on a whole nother level and so far I’m still loving it!
    Hollywood and thunder45 like this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9007 times
    I ended up picked up a 2019 XX in case you guys were wondering. After driving the X and the XX back to back I felt that the XX was on a whole nother level and so far I’m still loving it!
    Hopefully you'll be looking into harnesses.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    981 times
    Great choice!

2014 X Limited
    April 2016 WOTM

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    MLS Powersport was advertising 2018XX $15499 + $99 doc fee out the door
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited Red & White Paint
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch, Trail Armor Skid Plate
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    DragonFire 4-Point 2"Harness/Bar, Front Angle bar & RockSliders
    Homemade Rear Rack

2012 Prowler 550 XT Blue 50th Anniversary
    26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper
    Koplin Full Tilt Windshield, Koplin Roof and Rear Window
    Chinese made 4.3" Backup Camera/Monitor

Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    Congrats on your new ride!
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

Member #
    Liked
    291 times
    That deal from MLS is a no brainer! Mark will ship it to your door. Oh and X to XX again the difference is pretty large. You won't be under powered anywhere but the dunes or dry lake beds. Otherwise the handling and suspension make it more than able to hang with any company. Buy some springs, get it clutched and be happy. One question have you talked to D&P? If not you really should! They are one of the best in the country and they are close to you in Cedar City.

Sponsored Links