When I first learned to dune, I got lucky. My teachers were good, but not very patient. They taught me the basics then told me to keep up! The few things I learned were, "When in doubt, use the throttle to get out!" Another one was "Keep up your speed when sideways on a dune or you'll roll downhill!" and "Watch the flag on the guy in front of you, you can tell when he hits a dropoff and how bad it is by how his whip lurches." "Never crest a dune straight over, follow the contour and ride the ridge, transition from one bowl to the other with the ridge" and "When you have oncoming traffic, keep right!"

So I always kept my speed up, and with these Wildcats, you really have to keep the speed up and pick a good line compared to a sandrail with a V8 in it. If we can just get the new guys to trust the leaders and follow the guy in front of him and keep about a 15 -20 ft gap, we'd all be movin right along! Slowing down to enjoy the roses is when gravity overcomes your momentum!

The best thing you can do is get a good leader, trust him and everyone follow in the tracks of the guy in front of him and after a while, you'll start to see the natural flow of duning with the terrain and you'll soon (eventually?) be able to predict most of the turns of the leader because you're both into the natural flow.

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but if you're new to the dunes, it is good advice. I'm sure many of you seasoned duners have plenty of good advice to add!