Bolt on aftermarket turbo option for $5,799... Bleh Turd

This is as exciting as the GYTR turbo release for yxz... Bleh Turd
    OK grumpy, how about this then?

Name:  FB_IMG_1559661688030.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  35.9 KB
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8976 times
    And it's orange!!!
    johncyoung88 and DeanTeck like this.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    OK grumpy, how about this then?

Name:  FB_IMG_1559661688030.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  35.9 KB

LOL

No chassis reinforcement changes that I can tell (no a huge deal) ... No live suspension, I thought they'd do that ... but that $27,499 MSRP !!!! Holy hell.

Other than that.... very very solid release and car.

I'm VERY curious as to what Polaris drops for 2020.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Lame Lame Lame

104 hp 4 seater... Bleh Turd

Bolt on aftermarket turbo option for $5,799... Bleh Turd

This is as exciting as the GYTR turbo release for yxz... Bleh Turd
    Normally I would agree with you about the bolt on turbo kit. However, I think this will be way better the Yamaha bolt on. Yamaha used a company that built turbos for sleds. The Honda set up is developed by a company (Jackson Motorsports) that has been working with Honda since the 1970s. Jackson Motorsports is no stranger to off-road racing or turbos. Honda is going full bore with a full factory desert race team. I would have no problem slapping that turbo set up on a Talon. It will be just as seamless as if Honda put it on at the factory.

Member #
    Liked
    1154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    Normally I would agree with you about the bolt on turbo kit. However, I think this will be way better the Yamaha bolt on. Yamaha used a company that built turbos for sleds. The Honda set up is developed by a company (Jackson Motorsports) that has been working with Honda since the 1970s. Jackson Motorsports is no stranger to off-road racing or turbos. Honda is going full bore with a full factory desert race team. I would have no problem slapping that turbo set up on a Talon. It will be just as seamless as if Honda put it on at the factory.
    You could be right. I'd personally never do another bolt on turbo... lesson learned. We'll see how it vets out in racing. I know some racers are having overheating issues with the DCT trans ... so if you added boost... it may get even worse.

Question... in order to race in pro desert series .. doesn't Honda have to offer a factory turbo to be in that class?

That Honda Racing bad azz picture had a T in the number plate for turbo... but how will they enter that class with no production units to sale?

Member #
    Liked
    976 times
    You could be right. I'd personally never do another bolt on turbo... lesson learned. We'll see how it vets out in racing. I know some racers are having overheating issues with the DCT trans ... so if you added boost... it may get even worse.

Question... in order to race in pro desert series .. doesn't Honda have to offer a factory turbo to be in that class?

That Honda Racing bad azz picture had a T in the number plate for turbo... but how will they enter that class with no production units to sale?

My guess is the OEM bolt on turbo will be considered production and the will easily sell the required units. Both SCORE and BITD want Honda racing. The want that factory money.

Funny how Yamaha wanted no part of desert racing and Honda is all about it.

By the way will you be at the Wildcat XX funeral to day a few kind words about AC? Lmao!!!

We still have the Kawi sport SXS coming and Polaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Frank likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    My guess is the OEM bolt on turbo will be considered production and the will easily sell the required units. Both SCORE and BITD want Honda racing. The want that factory money.

Funny how Yamaha wanted no part of desert racing and Honda is all about it.

By the way will you be at the Wildcat XX funeral to day a few kind words about AC? Lmao!!!

We still have the Kawi sport SXS coming and Polaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok... I didn't know bolt on's would be sufficient.

As far as funeral... man... that's tough pill to swallow, but Textron hasn't got their act together ... I see little hope for them at this point.

Member #
    Liked
    976 times
    Ok... I didn't know bolt on's would be sufficient.

As far as funeral... man... that's tough pill to swallow, but Textron hasn't got their act together ... I see little hope for them at this point.
    They will change the rules to make sure it is. From watching this video it sounds like the bolt on turbo kit will be solid and a lot of time went into developing it. Sounds like they were working on the kit from inception of the Talon.

Member #
    Liked
    3010 times
    Mark7 likes this.
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

4 Channel Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons (Post 27)

Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch /RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio/ Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

The Shiny Keg Plazma Kutter

Went To Market: 2011 CowMander

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    517 times
    I got to put a few hard miles in a Talon R over the weekend through a woods course at the Summer Slam event at Mountain Ridge Atv, PA. Let me tell ya - shifting is a blast and something I missed but kind of a hassle when you're really getting on it through tight twists and turns, guess it is an acquired thing getting used to grabbing the paddles with your fingers. Switching from auto/manual paddles on the fly is awesome though, and the auto is incredibly smooth with virtually no power loss. The cab and seats are very comfy/roomy though I am not a big guy (5'9", 200 lbs). The R at 68" wide didn't really feel any wider than my WC X at 64", but it did feel much more stable in the turns swinging the ass end around, and it rides like a cloud - eats up everything. Biggest positive note was on how quiet it was in regards to suspension/general clunks and clangs. From the factory floor my X has always been noisy, the Honda is near silent - these machines were demo's with a bunch of miles on them and I felt much more comfortable blasting through the rough stuff without a fear of something breaking. It reminded me of the XX, but I will say the XX felt more at home when you were relentlessly thrashing it.

I am conflicted. It certainly outperforms my WC X in most all ways other than perhaps sound and (believe it or not) turning radius (the R is like a school bus), but I am not sure if it is worth the high price they're still at as the difference isn't mind blowing. Sitting next to each other at the same price I'd take the R in a second, but at $7k+ difference, not sure, and when you throw the XX into the mix it becomes even more difficult. The XX is clearly built much MUCH heavier duty/user friendly though in many ways and I'd be curious to see them line up at a drag strip - my "seat of the pants" feeling says it would be very close. A bit disappointed with how small/weak a lot of the Honda components are in comparison. (single shear - really Honda?)

The future of AC/Textron/Tracker/etc is a bit uncertain though for the dirt toys and there seems to be more reports of people having serious issues lately on their XX's. Too early to tell on the Talon, though Honda obviously has their legacy of building stout products and standing behind them. And now Kawi has a sport machine in the works... Love all this competition. I am not in a place to buy a new machine quite yet as the WC X does everything I need it to and very well (completely trouble free too), but I'd be looking hard at the Talon R unless the gut feeling on Textron improves.
    Jbl likes this.
    2016 Wildcat X
    SidexSideAudio System
    Dragonfire Harness Bar
    PRP Harnesses
    AC Rock Sliders
    AC Soft Top
    Bad Dawg Box
    Highlifter Radius Rods
    D & P Performance Tie Rods
    AJ's Tub Guards
    30X10X14 Carnivores
    Much much more to come..

Started emptying my wallet with a 2014 Trail.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks great to be honest

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    The Jackson Racing turbo kit looks very nicely done, which is no surprise. JR stuff has always been high quality.

In the same vid, they show a Talon climbing a steep ramp under just one front wheel. For those of you that were doubting the ability of brake based torque vectoring, there is your undeniable proof that it works. The unloaded wheel should have been spinning wildly.
    Black Cat likes this.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Sponsored Links