Towing & trailer question. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Towing & trailer question.

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    551
    Member #
    21106
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
    Just park your SxS on the cars roof, no trailer necessary
    Duct tape. Lots n' lots of duct tape!
    Black Cat likes this.
    2016 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail XT, RED.
    AC Underhood Box; SAC Kitty Parking Brake. Firewall Recall Done.
    Currently clean, after being dirty, after being really dirty, after being kinda clean, after being very dirty, after being clean...
    Wear a helmet!

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    31559
    Liked
    7 times
    Just bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk elite you guys won. Taking delivery this Thursday.
    2018 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Limited
    AC/Warn 3000lbs Winch + Front Brushguard Bumper + Rear Brushguard Bumper
    Full Polycarbonate Windshield + Polycarbonate Rear Panel + Rearview Mirror + Side Mirrors
    Kolpin Pro Series Roof

  3. #18
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    San Gabriel TX/Muse OK
    Posts
    382
    Member #
    22114
    Liked
    457 times
    Congrats
    That's the best and safest way to go.
    For you, your vehicle and your SxS.
    Especially if you are going any distance.

    Ok I will get off my soapbox now
    Best of Luck.
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited Red & White Paint
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch, Trail Armor Skid Plate
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    DragonFire 4-Point 2"Harness/Bar, Front Angle bar & RockSliders
    Homemade Rear Rack

    2012 Prowler 550 XT Blue 50th Anniversary
    26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper
    Koplin Full Tilt Windshield, Koplin Roof and Rear Window
    Chinese made 4.3" Backup Camera/Monitor

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Dilworth, MN
    Posts
    474
    Member #
    5735
    Liked
    375 times
    Very cool, you went the safe route.

    So back to the trailer. There are some very light aluminum trailer options that will fit your machine. Aluma and Triton both make 10' x 67-70" wide utility trailer. They weigh nothing and have a nice ramp for loading. I bought one for my 1000 Ltd, as I could roll it into the garage and take up very little space.

    What we found was that utility trailer was money for all sorts of other projects as well.

    But keep in mind the 2019 version of that vehicle's tow capacity is 2000lbs. So don't get crazy adding on all sorts of extras to push that limit. (don't buy a steel trailer) But you should be fine.

    Good luck!

  6. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    31559
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biff.org View Post
    Very cool, you went the safe route.

    So back to the trailer. There are some very light aluminum trailer options that will fit your machine. Aluma and Triton both make 10' x 67-70" wide utility trailer. They weigh nothing and have a nice ramp for loading. I bought one for my 1000 Ltd, as I could roll it into the garage and take up very little space.

    What we found was that utility trailer was money for all sorts of other projects as well.

    But keep in mind the 2019 version of that vehicle's tow capacity is 2000lbs. So don't get crazy adding on all sorts of extras to push that limit. (don't buy a steel trailer) But you should be fine.

    Good luck!
    my tow capacity with my Trailhawk with 2.0T is 4000lbs not 2k and if I had choosen the v6 it was 4500lbs. (Turbo is faster and better mpg tho)
    2018 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Limited
    AC/Warn 3000lbs Winch + Front Brushguard Bumper + Rear Brushguard Bumper
    Full Polycarbonate Windshield + Polycarbonate Rear Panel + Rearview Mirror + Side Mirrors
    Kolpin Pro Series Roof

  7. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    31559
    Liked
    7 times
    Name:  cherokee trailhawk elite livraison 2.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  3.80 MB
    Here my new toy on delivery day to take care of my...
    Name:  IMG_1236[792].jpg
Views: 43
Size:  3.11 MB
    of my other new toy.

    You guys made me spend a load of money but it was the sane choice lol
    Ron380 and Mark7 like this.
    2018 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Limited
    AC/Warn 3000lbs Winch + Front Brushguard Bumper + Rear Brushguard Bumper
    Full Polycarbonate Windshield + Polycarbonate Rear Panel + Rearview Mirror + Side Mirrors
    Kolpin Pro Series Roof

  8. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Dilworth, MN
    Posts
    474
    Member #
    5735
    Liked
    375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortknox77 View Post
    my tow capacity with my Trailhawk with 2.0T is 4000lbs not 2k and if I had choosen the v6 it was 4500lbs. (Turbo is faster and better mpg tho)
    I truly thought 2000lbs sounded low. I will have to look at where I read that. 4000lb will be perfect for towing these machines. Very cool!

    Not that they are the same animal, but my wife's Ford Escape has Ford's 2.0 ltr Ecoboost and it is truly a riot to drive. It has way more Shit-n-Get than her previous Ford Edge Limited with V6. It has power to tow, but no body weight for stopping. So you notice the weight when pulling a pair of waverunners for example. Your Trailhawk should have much more mass to it, so towing your Cat will be a breeze!

    Nice work!

    BTW, I am obviously reading the jeep website wrong.

    Name:  2019-09-26 09_25_54-2019 Jeep Cherokee Model Comparison Chart - Detailed Specs.png
Views: 43
Size:  78.3 KB
    Last edited by biff.org; 09-26-2019 at 09:27 AM.

  9. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NW Colo
    Posts
    5,993
    Member #
    1128
    Liked
    3034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortknox77 View Post
    Just bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk elite you guys won. Taking delivery this Thursday.
    Now you need a bigger garage full of specialty tools to take car of the new toys.. It never ends!
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

    4 Channel Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons (Post 27)

    Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch /RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio/ Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

    The Shiny Keg Plazma Kutter

    Went To Market: 2011 CowMander

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    551
    Member #
    21106
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortknox77 View Post
    Just bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk elite you guys won. Taking delivery this Thursday.
    How did I miss this post?! Great choice, I have a '19 White Jeep Cherokee TH too! Mine is the V6, not Elite. I've had it off-road quite a bit as well.
    I found a good deal on a leftover 2017 Diamond C UTV trailer. It's heavy-duty, but if I ever upgrade from the AC Trail, I'm covered.
    Fortknox77 likes this.
    2016 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail XT, RED.
    AC Underhood Box; SAC Kitty Parking Brake. Firewall Recall Done.
    Currently clean, after being dirty, after being really dirty, after being kinda clean, after being very dirty, after being clean...
    Wear a helmet!

  11. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    31559
    Liked
    7 times
    you need to have tow package to increase that.. + v6 or 2.0T
    2018 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Limited
    AC/Warn 3000lbs Winch + Front Brushguard Bumper + Rear Brushguard Bumper
    Full Polycarbonate Windshield + Polycarbonate Rear Panel + Rearview Mirror + Side Mirrors
    Kolpin Pro Series Roof

  12. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    31559
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biff.org View Post
    I truly thought 2000lbs sounded low. I will have to look at where I read that. 4000lb will be perfect for towing these machines. Very cool!

    Not that they are the same animal, but my wife's Ford Escape has Ford's 2.0 ltr Ecoboost and it is truly a riot to drive. It has way more Shit-n-Get than her previous Ford Edge Limited with V6. It has power to tow, but no body weight for stopping. So you notice the weight when pulling a pair of waverunners for example. Your Trailhawk should have much more mass to it, so towing your Cat will be a breeze!

    Nice work!

    BTW, I am obviously reading the jeep website wrong.

    Name:  2019-09-26 09_25_54-2019 Jeep Cherokee Model Comparison Chart - Detailed Specs.png
Views: 43
Size:  78.3 KB
    you need to have tow package to increase that.. + v6 or 2.0T
    2018 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Limited
    AC/Warn 3000lbs Winch + Front Brushguard Bumper + Rear Brushguard Bumper
    Full Polycarbonate Windshield + Polycarbonate Rear Panel + Rearview Mirror + Side Mirrors
    Kolpin Pro Series Roof

  13. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    31559
    Liked
    7 times
    and ..
    Just write "
    2019 jeep cherokee trailhawk 2.0t tow capacity" in google and press enter and read
    2018 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Limited
    AC/Warn 3000lbs Winch + Front Brushguard Bumper + Rear Brushguard Bumper
    Full Polycarbonate Windshield + Polycarbonate Rear Panel + Rearview Mirror + Side Mirrors
    Kolpin Pro Series Roof

  14. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    6
    Member #
    31743
    Liked
    1 times
    Civic no way!
    Just look up videos of unstable trailers = don't do it. My Wildcat 4 can push my Ram pick-up around in the wind or down hill.
    Good move on the Jeep!
    Last edited by st96badboy; 10-02-2019 at 02:32 PM.


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:23 AM.