Tried The Tourist Thing
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times

Tried The Tourist Thing

For the most part we go to the back country either with the S X S or Jeep. This weekend we had no one to quad with so we headed south to the mountains with the RV and Jeep. Friends have told us how beautiful the road to the sun is in Montana. A couple years ago we tried to check it out only to find out after we paid the 35.00 to get in the park the road was closed due to snow or something.

So this time we checked to make sure it was open and when the best time to go was. We got to the park at 8:00 AM and within minutes of getting through the gate it was bumper to bumper with all the pull outs pretty much full and people just stopping on the road to get out and take pictures! It took us 3 hours almost to go 50 miles and we only stopped once for about 5 minutes. It was like a zoo but the only animals we saw were humans. It's definitely a scenic drive but what a shame that it's so crowded.

Made us really appreciate how lucky we are to be able to go in the mountains and never see another person the whole trip sometimes.
    2014 Wildcat Trail with a few bolt ons, 2009 Rhino 700 with a few bolt ons, 1987 Buick Grand National with a few bolt ons.

Member #
    Liked
    388 times
    Bummer, that really is a pretty road. I was on it several years ago and found the west side to be much more populated than the east side. We also drove up to St. Mary's glacier and found that to be much less populated and we saw a lot more bears on that short trip. I will definitely be staying on the east side next time I go.
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Yeah the west side is the worst for sure. I wish we had of went to St Mary's glacier but thought we better get on the road through the park as early as we could. I really don't think it could be much worse though than it was when we went.
    2014 Wildcat Trail with a few bolt ons, 2009 Rhino 700 with a few bolt ons, 1987 Buick Grand National with a few bolt ons.

Sponsored Links