New(to me)2016 4x - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New(to me)2016 4x

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just bought 2015 4x. Learned really fast to never ever give it any throttle while in park. Learned the hard way.

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    My belt lesson came from trying to creep onto a truck mounted rack. I cupped the belt, which was virtually new, pretty badly. Fortunately, I had plenty of time to get another belt and install it before our big Wildcat trip. I've set the rack aside until I reinforce it enough to winch the Wildcat on.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have a 16 4X that I bought used with 600 miles on it, my horror story is after I put 300 miles on the machine after purchasing it the oil filter fell off 100 miles out in the Nevada desert while I was clipping along at 70mph! Needless to say it fried my motor and I had a very long tow back to my truck. I check for leaks before every ride and noticed no leaks or seepage prior to my ride. The guy I bought it from had just done an oil change right before I bought it, but like I said the filter didn’t fall off until 300 miles later. I have read several cases of this on the forums with other wildcats although the Cat dealer claimed they had never heard of this issue. All said and done it was $5k for a factory crate motor and install. Hopefully was a fluke, but I know put a bead of torque seal on my filter and check quite often to make sure it has not loosened.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Wow, talk about bad luck. I thought I was the only one that stuff like that happened to.
    I had a 2013.5X two seat and I have a 2015X 4. Put a lot of miles on both, never had an oil filter come off. The person that put it on did not tighten it when they installed it. Talk to the service department at your local dealer and see what they suggest on the installation of the filter.
    2015 X 4

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    I also had the filter loosen up and start leaking. Fortunately, I was on a road and checking my mirrors constantly, so I saw the smoke within seconds. We limped it back to the RV and didn't suffer any damage, other than to my ego (I did the oil change). It took a few hundred miles for mine to loosen. We rode in Moab, Monument Valley, Manti and Marysvale before it happened.

I thought I had a finely calibrated touch with an oil filter. I now crank the Wildcat filters down HARD, and when I run out of my current stock I will only buy K&N filters - they have a welded "nut" and I believe it has a hole for safety wire. Similarly, when I'm working on the Wildcat any fastener that doesn't thread into a lock-nut gets blue Loctite. It is amazing what will work loose on these, but I suppose anything with a 270, 90 combustion cycle is going to vibrate like hell.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 09-09-2019 at 11:56 PM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links