Wildcat Forum banner

Passenger grab handle - Free Idea!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TxChristopher 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok vendors here is a free idea for you for what I feel would be a very nice passenger side grab bar for the Wildcat.

Make it so that it bolts to the seat frame for easy and secure installation by any owner, using existing holes if possible but if a couple holes need drilled through the base thats not so bad either, just provide a template or obvious instructions on what size and where to drill.

Now, on to the design.

What I think would be mondo cool is to have a bar that comes up from the left side of the passenger seat and curves across the thighs of the passenger sorta like the bar on an old roller coaster except this bar doesn't go back down on the right side it stops in the air. You can then put a nice comfortable grippy surface on the bar. The trick here is to create a simple spring loaded mechanism so that the passenger can simply reach down on the left and say lift a knob or lever that allows the bar to rotate forwards and backwards to several positions in an arc so that they can find a comfy natural feeling spot for it, and the final position needs to take it all the way forward to just shy of the dash so it is out of the way for getting in and out easily.

Nice, clean, simple, and effective I would think.

Build it, they will come.

:p

See less See more
#4 ·
Awww come on Dent, don't you want to ride with him? Seems I just read a thread where you two are the best of friends. :D

#5 ·
The bar is not for me. It is rare for people to have the courage to ride with me, they get this constant feeling they are near death, even though obviously I been going for decades without dying. You guys think I am joking but I am not, I seriously push the limits as much as possible. No guts no glory (or glorious death!)

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.