So whats Cat up to?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: So whats Cat up to?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

So whats Cat up to?

So I know its barely February but I cant help to think that Cat is finally working on a updated 1000 Wildcat for 2016? I was sure they were going to step up to the plate for 2015 as I was ready to buy but nothing happened. What are your feelings guys?
    I really want a transaxle like the 700, updaded interior and my engine of choice would be a Suzuki Z1 but being thats over the manufacturers agreement on max cc's its just a pipe dream.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    For them to have an essentially unchanged line of full size cats since 2012 (Barring the wet clutch to dry clutch improvement, the X and X limited) I would be hard pressed to think something new won't come out sooner than later. Polaris and Can Am, in the same time frame, have released drastically different and improved models (XP900 to XP1000 and Maverick to Maverick XDS Turbo) and now again AC is falling far behind.

Here's to hoping they introduce something new and exciting really soon. Can't wait to own a used one in 3 years. lol

Member #
    Liked
    991 times
    They said that they are releasing an "all new" Prowler in first part of Feb. in their earnings report a week ago or so.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9049 times
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    2071 times
    I love the "essentially unchanged line of full size cats" . . . . .except for the team clutch change. . . . oh and the X . . . oops and the X limited. .. . . oh yeah and the 4 seaters. . . . but other than all those changes they have done nothing in two years LOL.

Patrick, blackkat and stevozz like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher View Post
    I love the "essentially unchanged line of full size cats" . . . . .except for the team clutch change. . . . oh and the X . . . oops and the X limited. .. . . oh yeah and the 4 seaters. . . . but other than all those changes they have done nothing in two years LOL.
    Not to mention the trail , trail sport , redesigned prowler, new atv lineup ... Considering ATV and ROV engineering groups are shared I think they've done quite a bit since 2012... you have to remember Arctic Cat is a third of the size of Poo and Canam , with a budget thats far smaller. Personally I can hold off and wait if it means better quality and a higher caliber release.
    blackkat and NDHotbodies like this.

Member #
    Liked
    991 times
    I have a feeling a refreshed WC is coming very soon.... I actually hope its not jaw dropping cause I am in to deep with the toys I have now..lol

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher View Post
    Its the same chassis and engine with some sparkles sprinkled over it.

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Eventually they will all be very close in power and capability.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    The chassis/suspension is the best part of the full size wildcat. Why would they change that? I agree they could do an engine up grade/HP increase to keep up with the other two. If it ain't broke don' fix it.
    2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail XT: 29 inch Bighorns, 14 inch ITP 212, Kolpin Roof, AC Flip-up Windshield, AC Trunk Bag, 4k Viper Winch, Speedwerx Secondary Spring

2012 Arctic Cat Mud Pro 700 H1: 28" Zilla's, Hand Gaurds, Hand Warmers, F/R Bumpers, Large Speedracks, Warn Winch, AC Gun Scabbard, AC Camo Cover, AC Chain Saw Lock, AC Cooler Holder, Arctic Cat Snow Plow

2007 Arctic Cat 250

2011 Arctic Cat 150

2006 Arctic Cat 250

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningCat View Post
    The chassis/suspension is the best part of the full size wildcat. Why would they change that? I agree they could do an engine up grade/HP increase to keep up with the other two. If it ain't broke don' fix it.
    Totally agree. But weak lower a-arms, easily bent trailing arms, inappropriately sized wheel bearings, tie rods made from tin foil, cracking rotors, etc etc, have not been changed in 3 model years of production.

I would say the idea of the chassis is great, the execution is just "ok."

Member #
    Liked
    1418 times
    Tie rods, Rotors, steering knuckles, calipers, roll cage, engine/trans internals (not just the X but on the standard model), clutches, front differentials, steering shaft, and wheel bearings have all changed over the years just for starters - Theres two numbers for the wheel bearings based on supplier, As TXchristopher about it haha. Cat has made advancements on their current platform based on feedback.

A arms to me are debatable. I ran my first race season blitzing whoops , hitting jumps doing the 40ft double at ERX and never once bent an a stock a arm, Yet someone goes out lets their "sister drive" and it comes back taco'd... hmmm.

I agree whole heartedly on the upper trailing arm , but again the only time I bent one was when I hit something , it didnt bend due to the suspension working it bent due to a collision/roll over I also bent the rear knuckle in the process.
    blackkat likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fortune46x View Post
    Tie rods, Rotors, steering knuckles, calipers, roll cage, engine/trans internals (not just the X but on the standard model), clutches, front differentials, steering shaft, and wheel bearings have all changed over the years just for starters - Theres two numbers for the wheel bearings based on supplier, As TXchristopher about it haha. Cat has made advancements on their current platform based on feedback.

A arms to me are debatable. I ran my first race season blitzing whoops , hitting jumps doing the 40ft double at ERX and never once bent an a stock a arm, Yet someone goes out lets their "sister drive" and it comes back taco'd... hmmm.

I agree whole heartedly on the upper trailing arm , but again the only time I bent one was when I hit something , it didnt bend due to the suspension working it bent due to a collision/roll over I also bent the rear knuckle in the process.
    I agree on the small changes. So I can't argue that.

As far as a-arms are concerned, I did 100% trail riding for the first 3 months I purchased my used 2012. Below is a zoomed in image from my first ride in June and then a ride in September. Granted these were incredibly whopped out trails, the arms by no means should have bent:

Name:  BentArms.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  160.1 KB

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9049 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fortune46x View Post

Trust me, the arms bend.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    991 times
    ^^X2....Wife has bent 2!