Arctic Cat and Textron Off Road at Haydays 2017 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Arctic Cat and Textron Off Road at Haydays 2017

Member #
    Liked
    3381 times
    Well said Alex. Since the "C" in CARB stands for California, I know it has to be just about the worst thing ever. That ROPS cert seems to be a waste since most of the factory cages are way weak compared to most of the aftermarket, but I guess there are lawyers to feed.
    G Wall-e likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    Alex why bother?
    2018 GRN/BLK XX
    Speesdwerx Stage 2 Exterminator
    2014 Green X
    DragonFire twin pipes
    Dobeck Gen4 AFR
    ITP SS108
    DragonFire Flying V
    Speedwerx 105 BB
    FOX RC2's

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    I for one like hearing about the new products - sure timeframe is never what I want - but it's all good - eventually a sporty machine will come out from Textron and we'll have something new to discuss.
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Faith, Family, Friends
    Race, Ride, Relax

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    I agree with Alex and appreciate the info he brings to the forums. (I looked for you at Haydays, to shake your hand and thank you. Sorry I missed ya)

Knowing that I am not in the market for a new Wildcat, I follow the new releases with less fervor than the guys buying a new $25K machine every other season. That being said, once a guy drops his money on a particular brand, you still want to see it evolve and bring out new products so that you have pride in the ownership of the brand. I don't get worked up to the point of badmouthing the lack of releases, but it does hurt an owners pride after years of minimal releases.

I am in the same boat having owned two Yamaha Apex snowmobiles. Even though it was technically advanced when released in 2006, the changes since it's final model year at 2018 are not noticed by a non-yamaha owner. And the faithful like myself have loved having a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Apex and appreciated the huge changes. But yet, I am the laughing stock of my sled group as my buddies constantly razz me about the old-style snowmobile I am riding, and the fact that Yamaha "can't seem to release a new machine without the help of Arctic Cat" We begged for an Apex replacement for years. I true-Blue all Yamaha Japanese killer machine. And then we get the half-breed Sidewinder which was badmouthed by many as such until everyone realized what sort of monster it truly is. So we get a little brand pride having the top dog factory stock sled again. It makes you want to keep following the brand, and selling your friends on it.

My point is, brand loyalty and pride of ownership revolves around owning a class leader, an innovator, or something that everyone else really wants. Textron will have some big shoes to fill to regain that and try to live up to that. I have the patience to wait it out, as I too have an understanding of the struggles they are going through. And as a bystander, I can wait.

But going to a show like Haydays or these guys going to the Sandsport show, we all kinda wanted to see a prototype at least on top of a truck out of reach. AC did it a couple years ago with the Snowbike and it got tons of praise for pulling off a marketing gimmic like that. And we have yet to see that in the showroom, but it was cool to see.
    Last edited by biff.org; 09-15-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Alex appreciate the info and input, I'm sure it would be well received over at Wildcat Riders and I don't doubt there are many here who appreciate it as well. Hoping for a change in the current culture around here in the coming months.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    G Wall-e likes this.
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    My video was nowhere as cool.

So Macy and I along with here friend Jaydyn, made our annual trip to North Branch, MN. For the 51st Annual Haydays Grass Drags and Swap meet.

Of course, anyone who knows this event knows it is the largest snowmobile show on the planet. Every pro and enthusiast from the country is in attendance.

This year we missed the Terra Cross, but got a chance to see quite a bit of everything else.Ski-Doo had a mechanical bull setup. We saw the FMX show which included bikes, sleds and ATV's.

Check it out for yourself next September
    http://www.snobarons.com
    izom likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links