2015 arctic cat wildcat
    Member #

2015 arctic cat wildcat

Hey I have a 2015 wild cat sport that the head light tail lights and winch all stopped working checked all fuse and bulbs and still nothing any help would be great thanks

Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    {edit} I missed that your Wildcat is a Sport when I wrote this post. The info is for a full size 1000. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the circuitry is similar, with a relay controlled by the ECM providing power to the light switch, but that is just a guess. {end edit}

The red/black wire brings power to the light switch, then power flows to the two light fuses. Since your light fuses are good, test the red/black to see if it has power (with the ign switch on, of course). I think it will be dead - it also powers one of the switched accessory plug-ins, which might be affecting your winch.

The red/black is powered-up by the "Power Relay" in the fuse box. IIRC, after you pull the relay out of the socket, you can read the tiny print identifying the circuit on the base it plugs into. Once you find the Power Relay, you should be able to put a finger on the top of it and feel it click on when you turn on the ignition. Clicking is good, but it doesn't guarantee the relay is okay. If it doesn't click, pray that it is the relay that is faulty, because the signal that turns it on comes from the ECM (computer).

All of the relays are the same, so you can swap the Power Relay with one of the others that works. I would probably swap the EPS relay, since it is easy to tell if the power steering is working.

If in the process of testing this the power steering fails, I would not drive the 'cat. In my opinion, forcing the steering when the power unit does not work will destroy the worm gear. A worm gear (driven by the power steering motor) can drive a worm wheel (which is attached directly to the steering shaft), but a worm wheel cannot turn a worm gear.

PS - all of the electrical info above can be read from the wiring diagram, which can be downloaded from the manuals thread.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 10-14-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    I don't have an iirc relay in the fuse panel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3373 times
    IIRC is not the relay, is stands for "If I Remember Correctly".
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    Ya I pulled them all out there's none there that have to do with the lights that's what my panel looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    For future use, all of the 2015 wiring diagrams for Arctic Cat wheeled products are in one pdf available free from the Country Cat website. Click on the "Technical Information" link in the upper left corner of their home page and you should be able to navigate through and find the pdf for future reference. I've downloaded the file and have looked through the Sport diagram for you.

It turns out that the Arctic Cat engineers don't have much imagination - virtually all of the info I mistakenly provided for the 1000 is the same on the Sport. That actually isn't surprising at all - the products are derivative in nature even if the execution of the frame and powertrain is quite different.

So if you went looking for a relay that said "lights" or something similar, you aren't going to find one. Power for the lights comes off of the Power Relay (in the diagram & hopefully the same on the fuse & relay base). You need to figure out if it is working. My troubleshooting suggestions above are still valid, other than swapping relays with EPS.

I would first check to see if the Power Relay clicks, then I would swap relays with EFI. If the original Power Relay is bad, your Sport shouldn't run, but your lights will work. That is your preferred outcome, because you'll be able to fix your Sport just by installing a new relay.

If the lights still don't work and the 'cat starts, you either have a wiring failure or a failure inside your ECM. If you are comfortable probing a wiring harness with a meter, find the orange/grey wire at the ECM and see if it shows 12v+ with the key on. If it does, then the wire between that spot and the Power Relay has a break in it or the ground wire is bad. If it doesn't show power, your ECM is probably bad. There are little electronic switches on the ECM circuit board. Those *may* be replaceable by an electronics service technician. I would wager that Arctic Cat (or Textron) does not offer that option, but you might find a third party repair service that does.

Keep us posted on your findings!
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 10-14-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    390 times
    I was going to post pretty much what mbrandt1402 has said, but I think he's covered it. Both the headlights/ taillights and the switched accessory fuses (which is where I'm wiling to bet your winch is wired into to activate the solenoid) receive their power from the power relay fuse. If both fuses are good I would check the relay. mbrandt1402 is right that the trigger wire for the relay is controlled by the ECM; however, one small word of hope, is that the exact same wire (org/grey) that controls the relay is the same wire that runs through the ignition fuse and up to your ignition. Since it sounds like your ignition is working fine I doubt (but I could be wrong) that it's the ECU. If the relay is working I would try to check the ground for the relay to ensure the trigger can work properly.

Do you have any warranty on this machine? If so, I would probably recommend taking it in to the dealer.
    Last edited by Wired; 10-16-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    Good catch, Wired!

Member #
    Liked
    390 times
    Any luck?
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

Member #
    I had a broken power wire

Sponsored Links