Any PACE Z1 Wildcat conversion owners here ??
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Arizonacrawler
  • 1 Post By resurection
  • 1 Post By Arizonacrawler

Thread: Any PACE Z1 Wildcat conversion owners here ??

Member #
    Liked
    63 times

Any PACE Z1 Wildcat conversion owners here ??

Hi are there any owners with PACE Z1 Wildcat conversions still on this forum ? I have one and wish to ask a few Q's and compare notes. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    resurrection on here
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

Member #
    Liked
    3375 times
    Is yours the one that was done this year with the long travel suspension that had Uni-balls in the front instead of ball joints?
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    663 times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post
    Hi are there any owners with PACE Z1 Wildcat conversions still on this forum ? I have one and wish to ask a few Q's and compare notes. Thanks

...hi there downunder- thought you quit the forum and wildcat !?? ;-))
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    737 times
    ask your questions, Lord knows I have spent enough time wrenching on one....
    I now own a side by side again. It was just born, have to build it into my car, lol!

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by izom View Post
    ...hi there downunder- thought you quit the forum and wildcat !?? ;-))
    Still got my Z1 Wildcat..................got out of the H2 one though

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
    Is yours the one that was done this year with the long travel suspension that had Uni-balls in the front instead of ball joints?
    no mine was built early 2014

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizonacrawler View Post
    ask your questions, Lord knows I have spent enough time wrenching on one....
    ok thanks
    1) what belt do you use ? I have been using the Carlisle Ultimax XS811..........got issues with delamination
    2) what belt deflection setting do you use ?
    3) how long (miles) do you get out of the belts
    4) what hp are you running ? I have stage 2 ECU - 225hp
    5) what clutches ? I have the STM Rage 8 drive and Tuner driven as set up by PACE
    6) do you think it is important to break-in a NEW belt ? if so for how long ?
    7) on the Drive clutch do u run weights on the rockers ? if so what weight ?

thats about if for now, thanks

Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    I haven't had any belt issues with mine. Of course I'm not racing mine either and 99.9% of my riding is in the dunes. I have almost 1400 miles on mine and have never broke a belt. I have the adjustable ecm in mine, and typically I run it on the low setting 14 psi and about 180hp. My Pace car was a mid 2014 build, so only a couple of months after yours. I really haven't had any issues with mine. I did send it back to Pace last year and they went thru everything for me. I believe they replaced the belt. I have the STM Rage 8 unit like yours and I haven't touched it. The only thing I do to mine is I adjust the secondary and keep the belt super tight. When I put it in gear, I have to keep the brakes on or the car will roll. Rodger told me that was very important for belt life and I haven't blown one yet. I have the clutch cover, but I've never used it. I will have to look at my belt when I get home tonight to tell exactly which belt I'm using. Its whatever Pace put on. I do occasionally run higher boost and use the launch control when I'm drag racing somebody. I always use VP110 in mine. I do have to change my spark plugs very frequently. I get maybe 400 miles out of them and I gap them at .018-.020.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by resurection View Post
    I haven't had any belt issues with mine. Of course I'm not racing mine either and 99.9% of my riding is in the dunes. I have almost 1400 miles on mine and have never broke a belt. I have the adjustable ecm in mine, and typically I run it on the low setting 14 psi and about 180hp. My Pace car was a mid 2014 build, so only a couple of months after yours. I really haven't had any issues with mine. I did send it back to Pace last year and they went thru everything for me. I believe they replaced the belt. I have the STM Rage 8 unit like yours and I haven't touched it. The only thing I do to mine is I adjust the secondary and keep the belt super tight. When I put it in gear, I have to keep the brakes on or the car will roll. Rodger told me that was very important for belt life and I haven't blown one yet. I have the clutch cover, but I've never used it. I will have to look at my belt when I get home tonight to tell exactly which belt I'm using. Its whatever Pace put on. I do occasionally run higher boost and use the launch control when I'm drag racing somebody. I always use VP110 in mine. I do have to change my spark plugs very frequently. I get maybe 400 miles out of them and I gap them at .018-.020.
    Keen to hear what deflection measurement you are using for the belt tension ? how high on the driven clutch is the belt sitting ?

Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post
    Keen to hear what deflection measurement you are using for the belt tension ? how high on the driven clutch is the belt sitting ?
    I'm no expert. Its all by feel, lol. I run the belt where it sticks just above the secondary. If I have an issue getting it to shift out of park and into gear and it rolls too fast, then I have it too tight. If I can put it in gear smoothly and the car just barely rolls, then I have it perfect. If the car stops rolling when it is in gear, then I know I need to tighten the belt back up. Never blown a belt yet!
    SafariBerg likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    737 times
    Belt. Can't remember what one I used, but as far as tightness, you should be able to pinch them togther but it should not be easy to do. I had the stm clutches, they should be serviced at LEAST once every two years. (send to STM and they will make them like new).

Not sure on the weights in the flys, STM set it up for me.

I ran it in the 225 (middle mode) on 95 octain all the time.

I broke one belt, I do think you should break in the belt, just run it at variable rpm and heat cycle it a couple of times, and that should be good.
    SafariBerg likes this.
    I now own a side by side again. It was just born, have to build it into my car, lol!

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by resurection View Post
    I'm no expert. Its all by feel, lol. I run the belt where it sticks just above the secondary. If I have an issue getting it to shift out of park and into gear and it rolls too fast, then I have it too tight. If I can put it in gear smoothly and the car just barely rolls, then I have it perfect. If the car stops rolling when it is in gear, then I know I need to tighten the belt back up. Never blown a belt yet!
    Hi would you be able to post a photo showing me the position where your belt is siting on the secondary/driven clutch, that would be awesome if you could. I would like to see how high it sits in the sheaves. Thanks

Sponsored Links