Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mbrandt1402
  • 1 Post By mbrandt1402

Thread: Mazda Miata self cancelling turn signals on a Wildcat 1000

Member #
    Liked
    542 times

Mazda Miata self cancelling turn signals on a Wildcat 1000

A couple of people have requested a write-up of this (I posted it first in the what have you done to your X today thread). Here is a pic of the semi-finished project (I want to add wipers to the 'cat to use when I plow snow).

Name:  Turn signals.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  85.5 KB

I've attached a PDF with instructions & a few more pics.Mazda Miata stalk controls in a Wildcat.pdf

If the Trail and Sport steering columns are the same as the 1000, this should work on those models as well.

{edit} In the PDF, I mention that the 99 thru 05 switch cover might look better. I just received one, and the hole on the face of the cover / base of the steering wheel is too big. You can peer into the guts of the switch assembly. Stay with the 90 thru 97 cover.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 10-25-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Wired and KB Motorsports like this.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    523 times
    Very nice thanks for taking the time for those that may want to try this.
    SxS's are like women.....your spend four hours working on them just for a 15 minute ride!

January 2018 Wildcat of the Month
    2018 4X Limited
    Dragon Fire Harness Bar Front and rear
    BRP harnesses
    SSV stereo
    Full glass flip windshield
    Parking Brake
    AJ's flares
    AJ slider
    AJ's tub guards
    sedona beadlocks with kanati 30's
    5K winch UTV INC mount
    MLS East Coast 32" light bar
    DIY Rear Storage rack
    Venom Rock lights
    WIFI back up camera
    Parking brake kit
    Rock slider/step rails
    Car horn....Beep Beep!

Wants....lots of stuff that I can't afford!

Member #
    Liked
    390 times
    LOL! That's awesome! Love the self-cancelling feature. Nice post.
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Rio
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Awesome write up and very descriptive! Like you said it was an aftermath thought posting a thread about the mod and didn't document as you were doing it so there is no pics of the cutting/grinding procedures. We will have to wing this part a bit but once everything is in front of me it should all make sense and come together, lol
    Going to look for a switch asap, thanks again for sharing this with us ?

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Thanks. I'm retired, so outside the box projects like this that consume a lot of time are right in my wheelhouse.

As long as there are people driving and crashing Miatas, there will be a steady supply of these parts. If you aren't going to put indicator lights on the cover, check out the 99/05 covers. I think they would look even better than what I did. ebay has both types listed, with pics.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Rio
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    Thanks. I'm retired, so outside the box projects like this that consume a lot of time are right in my wheelhouse.

As long as there are people driving and crashing Miatas, there will be a steady supply of these parts. If you aren't going to put indicator lights on the cover, check out the 99/05 covers. I think they would look even better than what I did. ebay has both types listed, with pics.
    Ok, found lots of switches but can't find any covers. Will call all the local auto wrecking yards to see what I can come up with.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Try "miata steering column cover" on ebay. 95 hits (but a few are a different part).
    Rio likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    I've edited the initial post with this info, but I wasn't sure if it would pop up on the new posts list with just an edit, so I'm also posting here:

The 99 thru 05 steering column cover has a much larger hole on the front side, where the base of the steering wheel lines up. I bought one, but will not bothered to install it. The gap would be large enough that you could peer into the switch assembly mechanism.

Sponsored Links