U.S dealers can no longer ship Cat parts to Canada :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: U.S dealers can no longer ship Cat parts to Canada :(

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Knoxx View Post
    well.... even though I agree with the problem. $3700USD is currently very close to 5 grand CAD. The Canadian dealer will have also included shipping cost to Canada - I'm sure a US dealership isn't going to ship an engine here for free. Still quite a ways from $6600, but not nearly so bad as it seems on the surface. I've also never owned a Can-Am, but my understanding is parts are NOT cheap.
    Also... I had my engine replaced under warranty shortly after I got it (the famous oil line issue) and I saw the invoice for the engine itself - was $3800 CAD. But I have no idea if that was dealer cost, just a bookkeeping number, etc...
    Lastly, if you need an engine, I believe there's a member on here from Quebec who has one for sale. Goes by "Ravageur1972"
    I totally agree, sometimes it cost just as much buying from the U.S after everything is said and done but it should be our choice where to buy, like I said before, I have to pay for shipping anyway because I have no dealer near me so I personally would prefer purchasing from one of our supporting vendors

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    3700us is 4720 right now. Almost 1900 difference. That is a far ways away IMO. You can get a whole machine shipped cheaper.
    Rio and Hal001 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    Just another reason to alienate your customer base and push them to another mfr.
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Faith, Family, Friends
    Race, Ride, Relax

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Agreed but unfortunately this happens far too often . many company's have been doing same for years ( look at a popular prime ship online company between the .com and the .ca sites for same product ). Recently a look for a replacement thermostat alone was about 90 bucks cdn !! That really highlighted this problem so to soften the blow I decided to get the entire assy which was only about 20 bucks more .. Lol

Also .. I've had an order waiting for my "new to me" 15 Sport Ltd (600 Kms & warranty til Apr 18) at my local dealer here in Halifax for a thermostat assy, new belt, fluids / filters and the shifter bushings, it's been two weeks and still not ack on AC end .. parts guy tells me there is a "billing problem" on Arctic Cat's end ???

I'll call AC parts .ca here today and post back if I find any ongoing probs and I should ask why the BIG price difference

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    So I am going down to the States Next week for a vacation. I wanted to get some upper doors for my rzr soon and checked pricing on the US and Can site. In the US the price is 599. Up here the price is $779. So after conversion the price is slightly higher but not much. Add in my 10 or 15% discount and it is cheaper to buy from my dealer here then retail down there. This is the way it should be. Looking like polaris cares a little more about their customers to the North.
    Hal001 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_wild1 View Post
    So I am going down to the States Next week for a vacation. I wanted to get some upper doors for my rzr soon and checked pricing on the US and Can site. In the US the price is 599. Up here the price is $779. So after conversion the price is slightly higher but not much. Add in my 10 or 15% discount and it is cheaper to buy from my dealer here then retail down there. This is the way it should be. Looking like polaris cares a little more about their customers to the North.
    Definitely worth buying Polaris parts here in Canada then. Not sure why some Cat parts are so over priced here.
    Hal001 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links