New speed trigger and sensor and still no speedo! Help please! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New speed trigger and sensor and still no speedo! Help please!

Member #
    Thank you for the feedback. My nearest dealer is over 2 hours away, so trying to be self sufficient at this point. I will check that connection this afternoon. Black Cat: Do I just remove the rest of the compartment around the shift lever and look for that connection towards the firewall?

Also, does the speedo not working effect my EPS system? If not, I can survive without a speedo and the odometer not working, I am just OCD as crap and hate for something not to work correctly. The hours still work and the RPMs.
    Last edited by southwestvawildcat; 04-12-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2942 times
    If the EPS is still working it tends to make me think its the display unit being bad. The ECM tells the gauge and other electronically controlled parts what to do. To get to the splice shown in the picture pull the seats, and hump(s) then start splitting the wire loom about 6" in front of the seat. Be sure to solder and heat shrink all connections, on those multi-wire bundle connections I like to place some silicone around the wires before I shrink the tubing to inject it into those places where the sun don't shine. This will be a good preventative measure if not a cure. Inspect the rest of the harness to make sure it's not pinched or rubbing the drive line while your in there. My bet is still n the gauge being bad. Put up a WTB add in the adds section of the forum you might check with Pace Offroad and see if they have any used cluster leftover from their Z-1 upgrades

Here is the link to the service manual if you don't have it already, I have mine on the laptop for road trips:

https://support.countrycat.com/?home...d-19950709f638
    Last edited by Black Cat; 04-12-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

4 Channel Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons (Post 27)

Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch /RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio/ Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

The Shiny Keg Plazma Kutter

Went To Market: 2011 CowMander

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    There also is heat-shrink tubing available with an adhesive on the inside. The manufacturer claims it "provides impermeable seal to salt water and other liquids". If it lives up to their claims, that would be a potentially less messy alternative to RTV silicone.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    So we have found the hand is reading RPMs instead of MPH. What would he backwards???

Member #
    Is there a way to put the speed trigger in wrong????

Member #
    Also, the new speed sensor is reading 12dc

Member #
    UPDATE! Yesterday when riding, as usual, during hard acceleration, the P0500 code would flash along with the EPS. For the first time, I had the code C1312. I would ride for about a mile and then the Speedo would start to work sporadically! This was a first since everything you all had me do! After about another mile of riding, the speedo and odometer would begin completely working! This was a first! As long as I left the engine running, it would continue to run normal. So my question now is, do we still think it is the cluster or keep looking for a faulty wire or ground? Thanks as always!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by southwestvawildcat View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. My nearest dealer is over 2 hours away, so trying to be self sufficient at this point. I will check that connection this afternoon. Black Cat: Do I just remove the rest of the compartment around the shift lever and look for that connection towards the firewall?

Also, does the speedo not working effect my EPS system? If not, I can survive without a speedo and the odometer not working, I am just OCD as crap and hate for something not to work correctly. The hours still work and the RPMs.
    Blackcat - That harness did not look like an issue. With the speedo all of a sudden working after driving for a period of time and then stops once you shut the engine off and back on, what direction should I go from here?

Member #
    Liked
    2942 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    There also is heat-shrink tubing available with an adhesive on the inside. The manufacturer claims it "provides impermeable seal to salt water and other liquids". If it lives up to their claims, that would be a potentially less messy alternative to RTV silicone.
    That works great with a couple of wires but when you get a bundle you need a dab of silicone in the core.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestvawildcat View Post
    Blackcat - That harness did not look like an issue. With the speedo all of a sudden working after driving for a period of time and then stops once you shut the engine off and back on, what direction should I go from here?
    Did you strip back the heat shrink and look at the wires itself? I'm still thinking the speedo is bad..
    mbrandt1402 likes this.
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

4 Channel Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons (Post 27)

Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch /RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio/ Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

The Shiny Keg Plazma Kutter

Went To Market: 2011 CowMander

Jbl
    Member #
    Liked
    606 times
    Hey OP, my 2013 speedometer never worked since almost new. Got the same codes, same intermittent speedo working and never bothered fixing cause nobody here could truly find a fix. I hope you find a solution, but don’t be too concerned as it will not effect the fun you will have with it.
    Hollywood likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links