Update! Thoughts?!?!?
    Member #

Update! Thoughts?!?!?

UPDATE! Yesterday when riding, as usual, during hard acceleration, the P0500 code would flash along with the EPS. For the first time, I had the code C1312. I would ride for about a mile and then the Speedo would start to work sporadically! This was a first since everything you all had me do! After about another mile of riding, the speedo and odometer would begin completely working! This was a first! As long as I left the engine running, it would continue to run normal. So my question now is, do we still think it is the cluster or keep looking for a faulty wire or ground? Thanks as always!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8911 times
    Still sounds a lot like mine was. Keep an eye on it, see if it periodically goes out / stops working.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Hollywood...keep an eye out for what? The speedo never works when I first start it. What did you do to fix yours?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by southwestvawildcat View Post
    Hollywood...keep an eye out for what? The speedo never works when I first start it. What did you do to fix yours?
    I thought you said it was fixed? Sorry. Mine never was fixed. As I stated earlier, in your other thread, I basically stopped looking at the speedo.

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Hollywood...gotcha sir. It only works here and there. I'm not sinking a lot of money into taking it to a dealership, so my next step is checking that wiring harness running from the battery towards the front of the machine the other guys were talking about. I just cant understand why a P0500 code would throw with a new speed sensor installed!?!?!?! I guess I shouldve researched the issues with the wildcat 1000 before I bought it!
    Does your power steering work Hollywood? Also, do you know how to take some of the play out of the steering wheel?

Member #
    Does anyone else have any input in what direction to go from here in getting the speedo to work correctly. The C1312 is still on today with the P0500.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by southwestvawildcat View Post
    Hollywood...gotcha sir. It only works here and there. I'm not sinking a lot of money into taking it to a dealership, so my next step is checking that wiring harness running from the battery towards the front of the machine the other guys were talking about. I just cant understand why a P0500 code would throw with a new speed sensor installed!?!?!?! I guess I shouldve researched the issues with the wildcat 1000 before I bought it!
    Does your power steering work Hollywood? Also, do you know how to take some of the play out of the steering wheel?
    Yes the power steering always worked, that's why after awhile I gave up. I do not have my Wildcat anymore though. It was one of the very few Wildcats that I know of that never had a serious problem. Never leaked oil, never had starter issues, never had bevel gears issues, just the damn speedometer, LOL. The rear diff did go, but that was after 5 years of dunning, so I was OK with that.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    I heard that. My power steering definitely does not work when the speedo is down, as I learned yesterday. I really like the AC other than this issue. Rides well on our mountain trails and has great power. Hopefully someone can pop up with the answer.

Sponsored Links