2013.5 wildcat 4 running rough.
    Member #

2013.5 wildcat 4 running rough.

Hey guys. New to site and first post. I have a 2013.5 wildcat 4 with low hours on it. Last weekend in the desert after a hill climb my wildcat started running rough and then had no power. Came to a stop and it quit. Had to get towed back to camp. Once home i was able to get it to start but only if i let the fuel pump cycle 8 times. If i can get it to start, it runs really rough and will not go above 2700 RPM's. It will only run for a short while. No codes are being set. Has anyone experienced this before? Any Ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    I'm thinking you have a fuel pressure problem. The humming that I hear for a few seconds right after turning on the ignition is from the idle control valve on my '15 X, not the fuel pump, so hearing a hum and then silence does not mean the fuel pump has developed proper pressure.

You can get at the fuel pump by removing the radiator cover and the cargo tray.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    I removed the cargo tray and the radiator cover last night. I will start with checking fuel pressure. Thanks.

Sponsored Links