Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Wired
  • 2 Post By mtgott

Thread: Wildcat Trail aftermarket spring reccomendations

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Wildcat Trail aftermarket spring reccomendations

I have a '14 wildcat trail. Full stock suspension. My OE springs have just about worn out and are sagging pretty bad. Any reccomendations for aftermarket springs that are not $1000 for a set? I dont need high performance or anything just some to replace my stock ones. Does anyone know what the Fox OE part number for the springs on the Trail are?

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanker_01 View Post
    I have a '14 wildcat trail. Full stock suspension. My OE springs have just about worn out and are sagging pretty bad. Any reccomendations for aftermarket springs that are not $1000 for a set? I dont need high performance or anything just some to replace my stock ones. Does anyone know what the Fox OE part number for the springs on the Trail are?
    I don't know the price on them, but a lot of member really like the Bandit springs.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    349 times
    You'll be looking at about $200 - $300 for the Bandits, but they are well worth the cost. This is one of the best upgrades I have made to my machine. Don't waste your money on the OE springs.
    LawdogMT, Hollywood and DeanTeck like this.
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    387 times
    Have you tried Summit racing?
    They have reasonable priced springs that fit the Sport.
    Measure up your stock Trail springs & see if you can match up to one of their offerings.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    746 times
    We have the heavy Bandits on our Trail, never adjusted after initial set up and over 2000 miles, think they're great. Good luck with your choice.
    DeanTeck and Hollywood like this.
    August 2018 Wildcat Of The Month

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by senior View Post
    Have you tried Summit racing?
    They have reasonable priced springs that fit the Sport.
    Measure up your stock Trail springs & see if you can match up to one of their offerings.
    To go this route I will have to figure out what the lb/inch of the OE springs are (or of the bandits) Is there anywhere to get this info? I like this option best because I can get exactly what I want.

Member #
    Liked
    349 times
    The stock springs are 145#s all the way around. Bandits used to be 175/200 for the lite set and 200/250 for the heavy set. It looks like they've redone their website. They used to list the pounds and the lite/mediums were one set and the heavy another set. Now they list 3 different sets and the pound ratings are gone. If you give them a call they'll tell ya. They're great, easy, people to work with.

Also of interest, it looks like they now offer a spring kit for the Sport model.
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanker_01 View Post
    To go this route I will have to figure out what the lb/inch of the OE springs are (or of the bandits) Is there anywhere to get this info? I like this option best because I can get exactly what I want.
    After checking theirs out it looks like getting their set of 4 would still be cheaper than some off summit. $175 with $15 shipping aint too bad. Looks like they dont have the heavies in stock right now sadly. Maybe I will give em a call and see when they will be getting more heavies in stock.

Right now my trail is riding on sagging but adjusted front OEs and really sagging rears with spring spacers to push them back up a bit. Thats the only thing I am needing to fix on it right now other than hook up my Dixie horn to a switch.

Sponsored Links