wanted to buy, stock aluminum wheel
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times

wanted to buy, stock aluminum wheel

I should probably have a spare tire and rim. I currently have 28x10x12 bighorn 2.0 on all four corners. the fronts are a little bit taller because the front rim is more narrow than rear rim. The question now is, do I buy a front or rear rim for the spare? Isnt there some sort of issue with one tire being taller if I put on a spare?
    2016 Trail Limited
    Super ATV flip-up windshield
    Quadra gear convertible roof
    Quadra gear upper door panels
    30" super led light bar
    6" super led light bar rear
    AC center console bag
    Fender flares
    Bandit Heavy springs
    28"x10"x12" Maxxis Bighorn 2.0
    Warn winch
    AC front and rear bumpers
    AC rock sliders
    72" Click and Go 2 plow system

Member #
    Liked
    567 times
    If the mis-match is on the front axle, you'll have tire scrub only when you lock the front diff. If you have a mis-match at the rear, one tire will scrub 100% of the time. That said, don't leave tires of two different heights on a real diff for a long period of time (a thousand miles?). Those mis-matched tires will be making the spider gears active full time, and diffs are designed for the spiders to come into play intermittently when you are turning. The diff will, at best, run hotter than intended.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    If the mis-match is on the front axle, you'll have tire scrub only when you lock the front diff. If you have a mis-match at the rear, one tire will scrub 100% of the time. That said, don't leave tires of two different heights on a real diff for a long period of time (a thousand miles?). Those mis-matched tires will be making the spider gears active full time, and diffs are designed for the spiders to come into play intermittently when you are turning. The diff will, at best, run hotter than intended.
    so mayb to be safe I need to buy a front and rear rim? I guess I need to measure and see how big of difference it is. if I buy a front I know it will fit both front and rear but it will be a little taller than the rears
    2016 Trail Limited
    30" super led light bar
    AC center console bag
    Fender flares
    Bandit Heavy springs
    Warn winch
    AC rock sliders

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I seen a steel rim (12x7, 5+2 offset) with the correct bolt pattern on ebay for just under $60. I guess it would be close enough the same size if I put a 28x10x12 bighorn 2.0 on it
    2016 Trail Limited
    30" super led light bar
    AC center console bag
    Fender flares
    Bandit Heavy springs
    Warn winch
    AC rock sliders

Member #
    Liked
    567 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammond View Post
    so mayb to be safe I need to buy a front and rear rim? I guess I need to measure and see how big of difference it is. if I buy a front I know it will fit both front and rear but it will be a little taller than the rears
    I would set it up with a spare that matches the rear. Flat at the rear? No problem, the spare is a match. Flat at the front? Don't lock the diff unless you absolutely have to, then unlock it when you don't need that extra traction.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammond View Post
    I would set it up with a spare that matches the rear. Flat at the rear? No problem, the spare is a match. Flat at the front? Don't lock the diff unless you absolutely have to, then unlock it when you don't need that extra traction.
    That makes sense. I guess I need to make sure the rear fits in front without rubbing since the rim is wider
    2016 Trail Limited
    30" super led light bar
    AC center console bag
    Fender flares
    Bandit Heavy springs
    Warn winch
    AC rock sliders

Member #
    I have a full set of wheels and tires for sale 500.00 they are like new 2 rides on them. Itp ss rims 14 inch and 28 inch big horn 2.0 tires. The fronts are 9inch wide the back are 14inch wide. One of them had a plug in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    thanks but I ended up building a spare
    2016 Trail Limited
    30" super led light bar
    AC center console bag