2019 Black Hills Meet - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 2019 Black Hills Meet

Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    And many of the rest of us don't act our age.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LawdogMT View Post
    Howdy all. Pending some scheduling fiascos, my wife and I are likely in. We spend a lot of time in the Black Hills, pretty much every year. This will be a different type of trip for us bringing the Kitty. Is anyone bringing kids or is this more of an adults trip?
    Everyone is welcome, the kids seem to have a great time and we all enjoy seeing them, Look forward to meeting. Have a great holiday season. Mark and Terri
    dspete05, LawdogMT and DeanTeck like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2630 times
    Howdy all. Pending some scheduling fiascos, my wife and I are likely in. We spend a lot of time in the Black Hills, pretty much every year. This will be a different type of trip for us bringing the Kitty. Is anyone bringing kids or is this more of an adults trip?
    Hi LawdogMT, already responded to your PM, but yes, kids are more then welcome. I like to think our get together is a family affair, but just a heads up. The after hours camp fires can get very "adultish" if you know what I mean. Unless your kids are older or have spent time around drunk adults, you may not want them to get that education from us. LOL!!!
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Muzzy: complete exhaust system - Dobeck: Gen 4 AFR+ fuel tuner - Speedwerx: clutch spring - R2C Performance: air filter - A/C: steel bumpers front and rear, Warn winch, rearview mirror, full windshield, polycarbonate rear panel, front storage box - AJ's: fender flares, radiator guards - Dragongunner: brake reservoir guard - Sak kitty: parking brake - SuperATV: rack & pinion stabilizer kit, frame stiffener - EMP: aluminum roof, smack back buggy mirrors - SSS Off Road: skid plate - PRP: GT/SE suspension seats - Dragonfire: harness bar - ProArmor: 2" padded 4 pt. harnesses (red) - Bandit: (200/240) spring set - Kimpex: Expedition Sport Trunk - Wolfsnout: goggles & dust mask - Garage Products: suspension bushings - Kanati: Mongrel AT27x9R12 front, AT27x11R12 rear

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    Has anyone heard how Thomas's son is doing?
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited Red & White Paint
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    DragonFire 4-Point 2"Harness/Bar, Front Angle bar & RockSliders
    Homemade Rear Rack

2012 Prowler 550 XT Blue 50th Anniversary
    26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper
    Koplin Full Tilt Windshield, Koplin Roof and Rear Window
    Chinese made 4.3" Backup Camera/Monitor

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boonedog View Post
    got a message from Thomas on Sept 21 that his son was sore but back to work
    DeanTeck, roylohr and boonedog like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    Thanks Mark
    That is good news
    mtgott likes this.
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited Red & White Paint
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    DragonFire 4-Point 2"Harness/Bar, Front Angle bar & RockSliders
    Homemade Rear Rack

2012 Prowler 550 XT Blue 50th Anniversary
    26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper
    Koplin Full Tilt Windshield, Koplin Roof and Rear Window
    Chinese made 4.3" Backup Camera/Monitor

Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Make that x2!
    mtgott likes this.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boonedog View Post
    Thanks all for prayers and concern. The machine was totaled out, but he did buy it back from the insurance comp. He has since recovered and back to work, still nursing broken ribs. That'll take months to fully heal. The machine is back together and rolling (no pun intended) down the road. We still have some fine tweaking to finish up but he should be able to attend the 2019 clowder depending on his schedule.

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OUrode12 View Post
    Thanks all for prayers and concern. The machine was totaled out, but he did buy it back from the insurance comp. He has since recovered and back to work, still nursing broken ribs. That'll take months to fully heal. The machine is back together and rolling (no pun intended) down the road. We still have some fine tweaking to finish up but he should be able to attend the 2019 clowder depending on his schedule.
    Thats great to hear he is doing well, hopefully you guys can make it to the Black Hills.

Now that the discussion about this meet has popped up again i realize that i ttally dropped the ball on stopping by sacora station and checking out the amenities. Business has been taking all my time lately and this week we are headed to SEMA show in vegas. If the weather is still decent when we get back i will try to stop by there and talk to the owner and get a few pics for everyone.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    We rolled through there yesterday on our drive back to Montana to check out Sacora and some others in the area. It's very rough and run down. We did not have time to take pictures. Down the road toward Sturgis, about 8 miles, are several nice RV parks. They're mostly like parking lots on grass, but they're nicer. That's what is common in this part of South Dakota. We found one in particular we liked a lot for this type of trip but I'm not suggesting making a change... Just observations since some have asked and we were in the area.

How any people are expected for this trip?
    Last edited by LawdogMT; 10-29-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited EPS White & Orange
    Wildcat of the Month September 2016 & June 2018

27" Kenda Bearclaw HTRs | AC Steel Deluxe Front & Rear Bumpers | AJ's Roof & Fender Flares | Dragonfire Harness Bar & 4.3 harnesses | AC shoulder bag & under hood box | Bandit springs 200/240
    Motalliance Viper Elite 3500# winch & Sirius Pro Series 30" LED light bar | Trail Armor skid plates & A-Arm guards | EZ Ryde Midnight Edition exhaust | SAK Kitty Parking Brake
    Kolpin side & CIPA rear view mirrors | Dragongunner Master Cylinder Cover | Speedwerx Hypershift H5 secondary spring & Teflon washers & throttle spring
    Homemade rear rack & Rotopax 4 gallon fuel storage | Plano 1719-00 68 box w/ +5 hp orange sticker

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2630 times
    We rolled through there yesterday on our drive back to Montana to check out Sacora and some others in the area. It's very rough and run down. We did not have time to take pictures. Down the road toward Sturgis, about 8 miles, are several nice RV parks. They're mostly like parking lots on grass, but they're nicer. That's what is common in this part of South Dakota. We found one in particular we liked a lot for this type of trip but I'm not suggesting making a change... Just observations since some have asked and we were in the area.

Responded to your PM, but the biggest reason we are staying at this campground this time around, was because it was convenient for Thomas (OUrode12) to get us together for rides. If it turns out to be a bust for a place to stay, we can come up with a new place to stay for the following year with Thomas's help. I do like the convenience of being right off the interstate, but if we discover a better place to stay while we're out there next year, I'll try and get something set-up for us while we're there. I don't know how many people plan on coming next year, but the more the merrier. Hope you still plan on coming next year.
    LawdogMT and mtgott like this.
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Muzzy: complete exhaust system - Dobeck: Gen 4 AFR+ fuel tuner - Speedwerx: clutch spring - R2C Performance: air filter - A/C: steel bumpers front and rear, Warn winch, rearview mirror, full windshield, polycarbonate rear panel, front storage box - AJ's: fender flares, radiator guards - Dragongunner: brake reservoir guard - Sak kitty: parking brake - SuperATV: rack & pinion stabilizer kit, frame stiffener - EMP: aluminum roof, smack back buggy mirrors - SSS Off Road: skid plate - PRP: GT/SE suspension seats - Dragonfire: harness bar - ProArmor: 2" padded 4 pt. harnesses (red) - Bandit: (200/240) spring set - Kimpex: Expedition Sport Trunk - Wolfsnout: goggles & dust mask - Garage Products: suspension bushings - Kanati: Mongrel AT27x9R12 front, AT27x11R12 rear

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Thanks. We've camped in the Black Hills numerous times. We try to go every year. But, I have never ridden there so this will be exciting. Those Camp 5 trails near Sturgis look fun.
    dspete05 likes this.
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited EPS White & Orange
    Wildcat of the Month September 2016 & June 2018

27" Kenda Bearclaw HTRs | AC Steel Deluxe Front & Rear Bumpers | AJ's Roof & Fender Flares | Dragonfire Harness Bar & 4.3 harnesses | AC shoulder bag & under hood box | Bandit springs 200/240
    Motalliance Viper Elite 3500# winch & Sirius Pro Series 30" LED light bar | Trail Armor skid plates & A-Arm guards | EZ Ryde Midnight Edition exhaust | SAK Kitty Parking Brake
    Kolpin side & CIPA rear view mirrors | Dragongunner Master Cylinder Cover | Speedwerx Hypershift H5 secondary spring & Teflon washers & throttle spring
    Homemade rear rack & Rotopax 4 gallon fuel storage | Plano 1719-00 68 box w/ +5 hp orange sticker

Member #
    Liked
    73 times

Quote Originally Posted by dspete05 View Post
    Responded to your PM, but the biggest reason we are staying at this campground this time around, was because it was convenient for Thomas (OUrode12) to get us together for rides. If it turns out to be a bust for a place to stay, we can come up with a new place to stay for the following year with Thomas's help. I do like the convenience of being right off the interstate, but if we discover a better place to stay while we're out there next year, I'll try and get something set-up for us while we're there. I don't know how many people plan on coming next year, but the more the merrier. Hope you still plan on coming next year.
    Sacora is a bit old and isn't the nicest in the area from what I remember also. You guys may want to check this one out as well, its just a couple miles from our house and a couple miles from Sacora so its still in the same general area. Elk Creek Lodge and Resort That place looks like its most likely nicer than Sacora. I drive by it every day and it always looks like a well kept area. Hell if I had amenities on our property I would setup the meet at our place! We have 19 acres that would work great, but we don't have any sort of public shower or restroom accommodations.

Thanks. We've camped in the Black Hills numerous times. We try to go every year. But, I have never ridden there so this will be exciting. Those Camp 5 trails near Sturgis look fun.
    Camp 5 is a great area! Lots of fun trails there.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2630 times
    Hopefully when Thomas gets back on here again and reads the comments about Sacora, he'll have some answers for us or a possible alternative for the following year. Myself and others have already made reservations for next year, so I'm sure it'll be fine and we can make it work this time. If we do decide to move our get together to a new place the following year, I will want to try and find an affordable place to accommodate as many people as possible. Some people come from long distances and having to spend a lot of money for accommodations may deter them from coming. I also want a place where they have RV sites and cabins, because not everyone has a toyhauler to stay in. I'm always open to any ideas anyone has, but keep in mind, I'm trying to make this as fun and affordable as I can and keep everyone in the same place. This coming year, if anyone wants to stay at a different nearby campground or motel, I will do everything I can to keep everyone in the loop for rides and any other activities that are going on. Thanks guys for your feedback about things out there, it definitely helps me trying to do this from Wisconsin.
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    The main reasons we settled on the Sacora was; price was right for tents, RV's and cabins, easy in and easy out, solid ground, less than 1 mile from groceries, gas, trail-head and alcohol. Let's not forget it has cell coverage and internet, I remember that being a big deal in Nemo. To my knowledge, it doesn't reek of cat urine either.... lol, lol.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links