Like Tree342Likes

Thread: 2019 Black Hills Meet

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2657 times

2019 Black Hills Meet

The 2019 Black Hills Meet will be held in Piedmont SD on June 20th thru the 23rd. Please contact Jim Stearns at the Sacora Station Campground at 1-605-787-9797. When you call, tell him that you are coming for the Wildcat Weekend, because he will give you a discount for RV parking and the cabins he has available. With the discount, an RV site will be $30 a night with full hook-ups. The sites have water and sewer hook-ups, along with 30/50 amp service at each site. The Sacora Station campground has sleeping cabins, with discount, for $35 a night, but they are just basically a bed and he has 15 of those available. You would have to use their shower house and bathrooms. The Covered Wagon, which is owned by Jeremy Larson, is across the street (Sturgis Road) from the Sacora Station Campground. When you call, 605-787-4440, tell him you are coming for the Wildcat Weekend. At the Covered Wagon, they have deluxe cabins with full amenities. I don't know what they are charging per night. I've called a couple times and he won't return my calls. They only have up to 7 of those available, because they rent most of those out by the month. There is a Ramada hotel just up Sturgis Road heading back towards Rapid City, that is close by and you could park your truck and trailer and ride your machine from there to the campground to meet up for rides. If enough of you would be using the hotel, I can call and see if they would also offer a discount for that weekend. If anyone has any questions, let me know here or send me a PM. Thomas is on the road a lot, so if you have a question for him, let me know and I'll reach him by phone when I can. I'll add info to this post if more comes available.
    Last edited by dspete05; 03-15-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: updated information
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Muzzy: complete exhaust system - Dobeck: Gen 4 AFR+ fuel tuner - Speedwerx: clutch spring - R2C Performance: air filter - A/C: steel bumpers front and rear, Warn winch, rearview mirror, full windshield, polycarbonate rear panel, front storage box - AJ's: fender flares, radiator guards - Dragongunner: brake reservoir guard - Sak kitty: parking brake - SuperATV: rack & pinion stabilizer kit, frame stiffener - EMP: aluminum roof, smack back buggy mirrors - SSS Off Road: skid plate - PRP: GT/SE suspension seats - Dragonfire: harness bar - ProArmor: 2" padded 4 pt. harnesses (red) - Bandit: (200/240) spring set - Kimpex: Expedition Sport Trunk - Wolfsnout: goggles & dust mask - Garage Products: suspension bushings - Kanati: Mongrel AT27x9R12 front, AT27x11R12 rear

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4112 times
    glad i checked the forum while spending the night near the denver airport...just got done speaking with nancy and we have a deluxe cabin starting june 17th and leaving the 24th...thanks a bunch darcy for getting this thing rolling...we'll be right across the highway from your rv sites...is it june 2019 yet?!...
    mtgott and dspete05 like this.
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Full Windshield; Rear Window; Spare Tire Carrier; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: "RS" Suspension Seats; 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Cargo Box--
    KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Member #
    Liked
    470 times
    Hey, Darcy - Let me add my Thanks as well. I just got off the phone with Nancy. Dannie and I have a full-hookups RV space reserved from the 19th through the 24th.

For those of you that are thinking "Gee, I might like to do this, but I can't commit just yet". Nancy is taking all of the info and putting it into a Wildcat Weekend file, blocking stuff out on the calendar, and will then contact us when we get closer for credit card info and the like.

If anyone else from the Pacific Northwest is thinking about attending and has the time to meander back, we are probably going to chart a return course through Canada. We may try to work another visit to Lovell, WY and the Pryor Mountain wild horses. That was a very memorable stopover on our 2018 trip. I'm thinking we would do that on our way to the Black Hills. If anyone thinks they would like to join us, pm me and we'll see what we can work out.

Also, here is our "mark on the wall": 856 miles, one-way. I know it won't stand up as the most distant attendee, but we might be the early leader for awhile.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 07-12-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    dspete05, DeanTeck and OUrode12 like this.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    Hey, Darcy - Let me add my Thanks as well. I just got off the phone with Nancy. Dannie and I have a full-hookups RV space reserved from the 19th through the 24th.For those of you that are thinking "Gee, I might like to do this, but I can't commit just yet". Nancy is taking all of the info and putting it into a Wildcat Weekend file, blocking stuff out on the calendar, and will then contact us when we get closer for credit card info and the like.
    If anyone else from the Pacific Northwest is thinking about attending and has the time to meander back, we are probably going to chart a return course through Canada. We may try to work another visit to Lovell, WY and the Pryor Mountain wild horses. That was a very memorable stopover on our 2018 trip. I'm thinking we would do that on our way to the Black Hills. If anyone thinks they would like to join us, pm me and we'll see what we can work out.Also, here is our "mark on the wall": 856 miles, one-way. I know it won't stand up as the most distant attendee, but we might be the early leader for awhile.
    hey mark, got us beat by around 300+ miles...thinking maybe jim/mary/boonedog (1224 miles)...
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Full Windshield; Rear Window; Spare Tire Carrier; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: "RS" Suspension Seats; 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Cargo Box--

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Thanks Darcy and Thomas for handling this. I just got off the phone with Nancy and Verlla & I have an RV spot reserved for the 19th thru the 22nd, going to be a long wait but well worth it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Yes, Thank you Darcy and Thomas for all the work.
    Mary and I will be making reservations tomorrow for the Cabins 6/16-6/23

Dean, The distance was worth it, since the destination was oh so great.
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited Red & White Paint
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch, Trail Armor Skid Plate
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    DragonFire 4-Point 2"Harness/Bar, Front Angle bar & RockSliders
    Homemade Rear Rack

2012 Prowler 550 XT Blue 50th Anniversary
    26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper
    Koplin Full Tilt Windshield, Koplin Roof and Rear Window
    Chinese made 4.3" Backup Camera/Monitor

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2657 times
    You guys are more then welcome. I don't mind helping Thomas with keeping this annual meet going. Brenda and I have really enjoyed the time we've spent with everyone that comes out. I just wanted to make sure that we were able to continue this, because it definitely gives us something to look forward to each year. Thomas told me he will be able to get a race route map for the hikers that will be there, so we can easily avoid them when we ride that weekend. I mentioned to Thomas, that as far as a cook out or things like that, we can wait until it gets closer. He did tell me we could do our own poker run, which sounded like it would be fun, but I'll let him post the details for that when he gets a chance. Man this is going to be a long wait, but as was mentioned, it will be well worth it.
    Last edited by dspete05; 07-13-2018 at 04:49 AM.
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Muzzy: complete exhaust system - Dobeck: Gen 4 AFR+ fuel tuner - Speedwerx: clutch spring - R2C Performance: air filter - A/C: steel bumpers front and rear, Warn winch, rearview mirror, full windshield, polycarbonate rear panel, front storage box - AJ's: fender flares, radiator guards - Dragongunner: brake reservoir guard - Sak kitty: parking brake - SuperATV: rack & pinion stabilizer kit, frame stiffener - EMP: aluminum roof, smack back buggy mirrors - SSS Off Road: skid plate - PRP: GT/SE suspension seats - Dragonfire: harness bar - ProArmor: 2" padded 4 pt. harnesses (red) - Bandit: (200/240) spring set - Kimpex: Expedition Sport Trunk - Wolfsnout: goggles & dust mask - Garage Products: suspension bushings - Kanati: Mongrel AT27x9R12 front, AT27x11R12 rear

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    819 times
    Finally made contact with Nancy last night, she took my name and phone number and said she would call closer to the date for details. No dates or credit card taken, hope this works out. Terri and I are planning on arriving at Sacoro Sat 6-15 and departing for home Sun 6-23 supposed to have RV spot next to Darcy and Brenda. Looking forward to seeing everyone

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    819 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgott View Post
    Finally made contact with Nancy last night, she took my name and phone number and said she would call closer to the date for details. No dates or credit card taken, hope this works out. Terri and I are planning on arriving at Sacoro Sat 6-15 and departing for home Sun 6-23 supposed to have RV spot next to Darcy and Brenda. Looking forward to seeing everyone
    Dean, I thought you were on vacation, you need to get a hobby. Enjoy the trip
    DeanTeck likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Cabin reserved 6/16-6/23
    roylohr, DeanTeck, mtgott and 1 others like this.
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch, Trail Armor Skid Plate
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    Homemade Rear Rack

26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgott View Post
    Dean, I thought you were on vacation, you need to get a hobby. Enjoy the trip
    bringing my extended family (forum folks) along on this trip to...getting ready to step out for din din...hotel captain cook is a nice place to stay in anchorage...
    mtgott likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2657 times
    Hey Dean, I look forward to seeing your thread on your trip. I know your going to see some beautiful country up there. Enjoy your trip and your anniversary. What you Billie Jean have achieved over all these years, are what I strive to do with Brenda. I'm over half way there, but still a ways to go to catch you. lol Thing is, I'm in no hurry to get there, I just want to enjoy the ride, because I was lucky enough to find that special someone to share my life with (like you did) and I don't want it to end. Next thing I'm looking forward to are grandkids. That's going to be an exciting time. Be safe and have a great time, also take lots of pictures!!!
    mtgott, DeanTeck and OUrode12 like this.
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4112 times
    hey darcy...not expecting to post a lot here as we are doing so many things in this 2 week adventure...but will chime in periodically...yup, enjoy the journey as it goes by in a flash...headin' to portage glacier south of anchorage today...
    dspete05 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2657 times
    Here is one more thing that was brought to my attention when we were out there this year. When Jim, Kevin, Joe and I were talking the last day, Jim mentioned that he thought the rides were very disorganized and wish we had a better way to coordinate them so no one was left out that wanted to go (sorry again Dean). One idea I came up with, was if everyone was ok with giving me their cell phone numbers (no I'm not a stalker and I won't call you unless you want me to, lol) I would get with Thomas and find out what time he wanted to leave on our rides and then send out a group text to inform everyone when and where the ride was starting. I'm open to any other ideas, that was just one way I thought of to make sure everyone was on the same page. I'm sure there are some people who want to do their own thing and that's great too. This is just one concern I wanted to address to make next year that much better. If there are other concerns I'm not aware of, please post them and I will get on it. I'm hoping the cabins at Sacora Station/Covered Wagon are better then Nemo. I would imagine if there not falling apart and are clean and neat, they should be ok. Now just a reminder, the sleeping cabins are just that, a bed with no shower or toilets in the room. So I would consider that a hard sided tent, but if you don't mind using a shower house and toilets, it should be fine. I'll see if Thomas could possibly stop in there and check one out and report what is in one.
    mtgott, DeanTeck and roylohr like this.
    2014 Wildcat Trail - RED

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Darcy
    They have the deluxe cabins as well.
    Which mean they have a Throne Room in them. They are running $100.00 a night and they only have a few of them.
    DeanTeck and dspete05 like this.
    Homemade Rear Rack

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links