3rd Annual Jawbone/Dove Springs 2019 Gathering - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 3rd Annual Jawbone/Dove Springs 2019 Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    2900 times
    Everything depends on the size of the crowd that shows up. If it's small we can camp at the place we camped the first meet. That ones easy. Last year I marked 2 large and wide open areas just down the road. S-2 or S-1, I cant remember, but they're on my GPS and I can furnish the coordinates. Not much protection from the wind (yeah, like that really matters!!!) I get there on Thursday in the morn ing, and so does Mike. Hey Camp Director (That's U Joey) you need to get organized and tell us buffoons what to do!!!

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat!

September 2014 Wildcat of the Month (Pity Vote)

Founder and President of OFRC
    (Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    606 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AndJello View Post
    We'll be there .... most likely on Wed or Thur. So.... It Would be nice ifin we had a sudoe location picked out before then. Look forward to seeing everyone again.
    Jello
    Hey Andjello! Long time glad your gonna make it. I will try and find a spot on google earth for a few suggestions. Last few meets we had a great turn out and had to go 2 circles, also the last Dove Springs spot was too small also and had a gazillion nails.

Member #
    Liked
    606 times
    How about the Staging area?? Looks like 2 good size areas that you early arrivals can secure?? Of course I dont know if those are hillsides looking at google maps.

Name:  dove.PNG
Views: 152
Size:  1.32 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2900 times
    Mike would know better, but I think that area is all incline as it goes up to the hill. If you keep going down the aqueduct road a few hundred yards, that was where I was talking about. Some on the left, but mostly on the right. Tomorrow I'll try and remember to get the GPS out and post the coordinates.

(Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    2900 times
    OK, here is what I've got.....

First one, N35 26.041 W117 59.722
    Second, N35 25.473 W118 00.666

The second one (I believe) is the Dove Springs camping area we stayed at the first time. The first one is down the road a short ways, and there are massive open areas on this road that can handle any size group in many different areas. Both are an easy drive to get to.
    Jbl likes this.

(Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    926 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SandSissy View Post
    OK, here is what I've got.....

First one, N35 26.041 W117 59.722
    Second, N35 25.473 W118 00.666

The second one (I believe) is the Dove Springs camping area we stayed at the first time. The first one is down the road a short ways, and there are massive open areas on this road that can handle any size group in many different areas. Both are an easy drive to get to.
    I have not camped in Dove Springs in a long time. Last time we entered on the main road and hung a right on I believe LA1. It is a graded dirt road. you have to climb a small hill and go past a a cattle crossing and then there are lots of large flat areas to camp. Is this where your first location is located?

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I'm going to try and join you all. This is my weekend / day trip area so we go all the time and have a ton a fun and cool routes. Just did a 70 mile loop never touching the same path, with plenty of beer "historic" stops.
    For large groups the AQ road is best and super easy for all to get to.
    Attachment 239917

Member #
    Liked
    2900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    I have not camped in Dove Springs in a long time. Last time we entered on the main road and hung a right on I believe LA1. It is a graded dirt road. you have to climb a small hill and go past a a cattle crossing and then there are lots of large flat areas to camp. Is this where your first location is located?
    I'm obviously not an expert on this area, but I thought the large flat areas were B4 the cattle grid. I just remember taking Dove Springs exit all the way down to the bluffs (that's what I call them). On he left is where we camped the first time. Since the road ends here, ya veer right and only a couple hundred yards down the road (Aqueduct Road? LA1? LA2? , I dunno) are HUGE open areas that would hold hundreds of rigs. Since I don't know squat about this area, I think I'll back out of the conversation and defer to those more knowledgeable about the area. Hey Mike,,,,,hint hint. Or Dune Track-N,,,,another Hint Hint. Just don't trust JBL. He got lost last year!!!!
    sand shark likes this.

(Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    926 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SandSissy View Post
    I'm obviously not an expert on this area, but I thought the large flat areas were B4 the cattle grid. I just remember taking Dove Springs exit all the way down to the bluffs (that's what I call them). On he left is where we camped the first time. Since the road ends here, ya veer right and only a couple hundred yards down the road (Aqueduct Road? LA1? LA2? , I dunno) are HUGE open areas that would hold hundreds of rigs. Since I don't know squat about this area, I think I'll back out of the conversation and defer to those more knowledgeable about the area. Hey Mike,,,,,hint hint. Or Dune Track-N,,,,another Hint Hint. Just don't trust JBL. He got lost last year!!!!
    I have not camped there in a very long time. I just remember crossing a cattle crossing after going up a graded dirt road. We camp in Jawbone or Cal City usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    606 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneTrack-N View Post
    I'm going to try and join you all. This is my weekend / day trip area so we go all the time and have a ton a fun and cool routes. Just did a 70 mile loop never touching the same path, with plenty of beer "historic" stops.
    For large groups the AQ road is best and super easy for all to get to.
    Attachment 239917
    Thank you Dune for posting this and look forward to meeting new folks. If I recall, the 2 areas tightly circled are on a slight hill. And if my old memory serves me, the three other spots DuneTrak circled looks good and relatively flat! So my money is on any of those 3 spots. So between SS and Anjello, please secure something and post up asap. Unlike Jawbone, Dove springs will have cell signal. And SS if your down to check out the brewery, perhaps we can just get that ride done Friday. Im shooting for a late night Thur or very early Friday arrival.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbl View Post
    Thank you Dune for posting this and look forward to meeting new folks. If I recall, the 2 areas tightly circled are on a slight hill. And if my old memory serves me, the three other spots DuneTrak circled looks good and relatively flat! So my money is on any of those 3 spots. So between SS and Anjello, please secure something and post up asap. Unlike Jawbone, Dove springs will have cell signal. And SS if your down to check out the brewery, perhaps we can just get that ride done Friday. Im shooting for a late night Thur or very early Friday arrival.
    You are 100% correct in your assumptions. The first red circle on LA1 (right at the cattle guard) is probably the worst for nails, we started camping there 12years ago and it was bad. Now we camp at the heart on the map, but that's only good for about 10 rigs. The two in the middle should be the ones to get, with the middle/middle one being the best on the west side of the road.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Im a regular local to Jawbone/Dove/Cal City... The best locations in Dove for larger groups is up off LA2...
    This is the one we scouted last WWW..
    35°26'06.1"N 117°59'50.1"W
    https://goo.gl/maps/8xE8LpR4E1k

This area is also good for large groups..
    Dropped pin
    Near Kern County, CA
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/fdg54

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    We'll be there on Thursday mid-day 'ish, +/-, there about. A ride to any brewery sounds great! We're in.
    2014 Blue/White Wildcat X, Dragonfire 4pt harness/bar kit, Yoshimura Aluminum roof, AC half windshield, TUFF LED 20" combo led light bar, TUFF LED 6" flood led 'Back up light', Dobeck AFR+ Gen 4, EZRyde Slip-on Muffler, Race Pace spare tire rack, Dalton Clutch kit, Superwinch 4500 on Warn under hood mount w/synthetic line, Magellan TRX 7, AJs 'A' arm bushing kit, de Anza Works axel nut retainer plates, Pro Armor Doors, Spring Brake Thingy ​parking brake, SENA 20S wireless/Bluetooth helmet intercoms, Tusk Warthog 27x11x14 & 27x9x14 tires, Textron HD rear axle upgrade kit

Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    Well........

I am still in but maybe just riding shotgun.

Car goes under the knife next week, motor is coming out.

If they get it fixed in time, car will be there.

If not, I'm riding with CRAWLR in the Speedcat!!!

C-Ya!!
    Had: 2012 Wildcat

Put out to pasture!!!!!
    Problems? Name it!!!!

Have: 2016 Wildcat X

UTV Inc Radius Cage and Mirrors
    Pro Armor Harnesses and Doors
    50 Caliber Beadlocks with STUS out back
    STI's with V-Rolls up front
    40" Vision X Lightbar, 2 "MCR Special" Blue Whips, Undercar Blue LED's

Member #
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MCR500 View Post
    Well........

I am still in but maybe just riding shotgun.

Car goes under the knife next week, motor is coming out.

If they get it fixed in time, car will be there.

If not, I'm riding with CRAWLR in the Speedcat!!!

C-Ya!!

Oh come on!
    They have a month and a half to do 3 days work!
    Call those jackasses every day and tell them to get on it!
    MCR500 likes this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links