JRI replacements
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

JRI replacements

I want to try out a different shock on my 15 sport, I have had the JRI shocks for a couple years now and have not been able to get them to ride how I would like, they are rough. My question is would a set of Elka stage one shocks ride better, or should I save up and order the stage 3 Elka's. I can get four stage 1 shocks for the price of two stage 3 shocks. Thanks.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8907 times
    Elkas are notorious for leaking, and valving that needs to be sent back more than a couple of times. Did you read about a lot of members trying Bandit Springs? They seem to be happy with them. Might be another way to go on your JRI shocks.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by troff18 View Post
    I want to try out a different shock on my 15 sport, I have had the JRI shocks for a couple years now and have not been able to get them to ride how I would like, they are rough. My question is would a set of Elka stage one shocks ride better, or should I save up and order the stage 3 Elka's. I can get four stage 1 shocks for the price of two stage 3 shocks. Thanks.

Try QA1 springs, 130lb front/225lb rear. A few of guys are running them now and like the ride much better, plus they don't sag like stock springs. If you carry a passenger and a lot of extra weight go 150 front/250 rear. I went 250lb rear and left the front stock for now. See how it rides and go from there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I will check out the bandit springs. I run Elka's and a ton of buddy's run Elka's on are mountain sleds and they seem to be good shocks on the sled side of things, haven't had any issues that's why I was leaning towards them. I would just like to get this thing riding nice and plush and keep the price down. It seems to me like the jri's are a good quality shock they just ride like crap. Almost like they are over built for the weight of the machine.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Where did you find the QA1 springs that fit the sport? I was on the site and wasn't finding anything in the weight range you were saying.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Elkas are notorious for leaking, and valving that needs to be sent back more than a couple of times. Did you read about a lot of members trying Bandit Springs? They seem to be happy with them. Might be another way to go on your JRI shocks.
    Have no idea where you are getting all your info but I know lots of guys that have been running Elkas on sleds and sxss for years and no issues what so ever with leaking...... great shock, will out perform JRI all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by troff18 View Post
    Where did you find the QA1 springs that fit the sport? I was on the site and wasn't finding anything in the weight range you were saying.
    summitracing
    summitracing

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8907 times
    Quote Originally Posted by todd88 View Post
    summitracing
    summitracing
    I had to edit your post. Please no websites, with prices and phone numbers for Non Supporting Vendors.

I know members try and help, but just say look at Summit Racing, or something along those lines.

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I had to edit your post. Please no websites, with prices and phone numbers for Non Supporting Vendors.

I know members try and help, but just say look at Summit Racing, or something along those lines.
    No problem, will do. You might find the same link on another post FYI.

Edit: Other post fixed for you.
    Last edited by todd88; 04-24-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8907 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tmo1620 View Post
    Have no idea where you are getting all your info but I know lots of guys that have been running Elka’s on sleds and sxs’s for years and no issues what so ever with leaking...... great shock, will out perform JRI all day long

Elkas have always leaked, and poorly valved, it's not a great mystery. You might know lots of guys that run them, and are happy with them, I know lots of guys that sent their shocks back 2,3,4+ times to get revalved. And leaks to be fixed. I will agree that they are probably are a better shock than JRI, but that's about it. When I need shocks, Elka is not one of the shock companies I look at.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Elkas have always leaked, and poorly valved, it's not a great mystery. You might know lots of guys that run them, and are happy with them, I know lots of guys that sent their shocks back 2,3,4+ times to get revalved. And leaks to be fixed. I will agree that they are probably are a better shock than JRI, but that's about it. When I need shocks, Elka is not one of the shock companies I look at.
    I can see premature failures and leaks being climate specific, are you located in a very hot climate, desert riding? Up here its not that warm and mostly forest and mountain riding. Elkas on sleds are amazing and take year after year of abuse and other than damage to the shock causing the leaks I have never known a guy who had premature problems. As for Sxss I know a handful of guys running them as a stock offering and aftermarket upgrade and no issues. Pretty good bang for your buck, definitely there is better out there but it will cost more. These are my first set of Elkas ever and Im very pleased with them so far, still got some dialing in but every ride I get them closer to perfect.

Member #
    have you thought of sending your JRI shocks back to get revalved

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have looked into it, but for the price of the re valve from JRI i can buy a full set of elka's. I think im going to try lighter springs and see how it rides. Both me and the woman are light and it feels like it need another 700 lb/s of weight for it to ride nice, so hopefully springs do the trick.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    What length and inner diameter did you get for the QA1 springs on your Sport?
    Quote Originally Posted by todd88 View Post
    Try QA1 springs, 130lb front/225lb rear. A few of guys are running them now and like the ride much better, plus they don't sag like stock springs. If you carry a passenger and a lot of extra weight go 150 front/250 rear. I went 250lb rear and left the front stock for now. See how it rides and go from there.
    Last edited by Tanstaafl; 06-10-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Member #
    Theres a post from may 24, I dont know how to link it called suspension for days. They installed bandit springs in there jri bodies. Says its no longer harsh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links