Longer travel rear suspension
    Member #

Longer travel rear suspension

Inspired by the adrenaline racing build, I set out to build my own. Testing is not yet complete. I installed xp1000 highlifter (xp4) front shocks, on the rear... Spring rates are close. I chose these shocks because of the amount of springs and rates that are available. Whether or not itll work out is still unknown. I also moved the lower mount in 1.5inch to give more travel, as some is lost when moving the shock more upright. One of the pictures has the elka on the left and the xp1000 on the right, to show the massive difference. Note: I also have ajs bushings in the rear and due to friction they dont like to return to ride height very well. Pictured at 12.75" normally rides at 13.5" which didnt change with the shock swap.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Member #
    I still need to remove the spring and measure the travel. I measured the elkas from the hub and got 11" of movement from bumpstop to full droop.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    How are you going to re reroute the header and muffler to clear the piggyback?

Edit: NVM I completely missed the pic with the new muffler.
    16' Wildcat Sport Limited, Metallic Black/Cat Racing Green
    Our AC family: 03' 400 Cat Green, 04' 650v2 Cat Green, 04' 500 Cat Green, 12' 700 EFI SE Black/Gray, 14' 1000xt Black/Cat Green, 16' Wildcat Trail XT

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I had a muffler shop make me a flared end with a slight curve I then welded a muffler to that and made a new mount.

Sponsored Links