Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wi Wildcat

Thread: looking for an auto spare tire to put on just to make room in toyhauler

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

looking for an auto spare tire to put on just to make room in toyhauler

Hello all,
    I know this has been discussed but I could not find it. Looking for an auto solid space saver rim/tire for the 4x115 bolt pattern on the sport. Wanting to put one on to make room to get my kids little 4 wheeler past the rear tire in the toyhauler. Actually trying to upgrade from bumper pull TH to fifth wheel TH and trying to figure out how to make it all fit.
    Is anyone else doing something like this? I remember a thread like this with a pic but I could not find it. Not having much luck finding 4x115 bolt pattern spare but I am pretty sure some foreign cars use them. Any help is appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    523 times
    I think you might be referring to a discussion about using 114.3mm x 4 wheels on the 115 x 4 Arctic Cats. This link shows a list of 114.3 (i.e. 4.5") x 4 vehicles: <a href="http://www.wheelsupport.com/list-of-bolt-pattern-4-x-114-3/" target="_blank">Bolt pattern | Stud Pattern : List of Bolt Pattern 4 X 114.3</a>

Each hole would be off-center by about .014". I believe you would bend (or snap) the studs when you tighten the lugnuts.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 09-02-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    thank you but that is not the one I was speaking of. I agree you would bend of snap the studs. The one I was referring to had a pic of the donut spare on the wildcat in the toyhauler and a few cars that match the 4x115.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    Looking at a KZ 280TH 5th wheel toy hauler to replace my bumper pull for more toy room myself.
    Toy haulers with a garage just don't have enough space for my requirements.
    While only 30' it's the only one with enough room for my Sport & a cruiser while still being able to access kitchen on the fly.

Member #
    Liked
    3010 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KAMZoil View Post
    Hello all,
    I know this has been discussed but I could not find it. Looking for an auto solid space saver rim/tire for the 4x115 bolt pattern on the sport. Wanting to put one on to make room to get my kids little 4 wheeler past the rear tire in the toyhauler. Actually trying to upgrade from bumper pull TH to fifth wheel TH and trying to figure out how to make it all fit.
    Is anyone else doing something like this? I remember a thread like this with a pic but I could not find it. Not having much luck finding 4x115 bolt pattern spare but I am pretty sure some foreign cars use them. Any help is appreciated.
    I think it's the Honda cars that has the same bolt pattern as the cats, Rock Hopper had a set on his. If you can't find the thread send him a private message and he will get back with you.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    I think you might be referring to a discussion about using 114.3mm x 4 wheels on the 115 x 4 Arctic Cats. This link shows a list of 114.3 (i.e. 4.5") x 4 vehicles: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wheelsupport.com/list-of-bolt-pattern-4-x-114-3/" target="_blank">Bolt pattern | Stud Pattern : List of Bolt Pattern 4 X 114.3</a>

Each hole would be off-center by about .014". I believe you would bend (or snap) the studs when you tighten the lugnuts.
    I have a set of spacers with 4 x 4-1/2' pattern no problems after 5,000 miles of rough trails.

Besides the 10 mm studs have no problem breaking on their own
    2012 Black Cat / 2013 Red Ltd. - Same mods on both machines

4 Channel Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons (Post 27)

Dual Bats w / Smart Relay, Custom Bumpers w/ Warn RT40 winch /RR 660 Intercom / Yaesu 75W Radio/ Steering Mod / Cat Eyes
    Lowrance Elite 7m Chart-Plotter Mtd In Dash / Gauge Mtd On Steering Column / Pro Armor Doors / 12 MM Studs / 3" 5 Pts

The Shiny Keg Plazma Kutter

Went To Market: 2011 CowMander

Member #
    Liked
    523 times
    Hondas and Acuras are not 115. They are 114.3mm/4.5".

Black Cat, are the holes in your spacers flat, or are they cone shaped? I think flat spacers & flat lug nuts would work with a little bit of slotting and careful assembly.

Even though you've made your spacers work, if they are cone shaped and use cone shaped lug nuts, there is going to be a lot of stress that was not accounted for in the design of the hubs.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 09-03-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    How about a trailer wheel...they are narrow.

Member #
    Liked
    465 times
    The difference between 114.3 and 115mm is (4.5 - 4.5275..
    .027 of an inch or less then 1/32. OP wants to bolt a wheel on for loading in the trailer. Find a wheel and try it, don't torque it down ridiculously. If still worried oversize the holes by 1/64.
    KAMZoil likes this.
    2014 Trail XT Green
    AC- Roof, Doors, Bumpers, Sliders, Down Bars, 1/4 Windshield
    EMP- Rear window
    EVO- Bullet Muffler & DYI turn down
    Safety- Dragonfire Harness Bar, .50 Caliber Harnesses, Joe's Racing rear view mirror, Pro Armor Fire Extinguisher
    Quadbox- Expedition storage box
    Bandit- 175/200 springs
    Rugged Radios- RH-5R &helmet kits (3 of)
    30" LED light bar
    Badlands- Winch
    Fan Circuit Breaker Fuse
    DYI- Master Cylinder Guard
    26" M1 Evil tires on 14" TIP Hurricane Rims

Sponsored Links