Suspension squeak help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dean
  • 1 Post By CRAWLR

Thread: Suspension squeak help

Member #

Suspension squeak help

I have a 14 Trail XT with 1500 miles on it. If I shake the vehicle while it is sitting still there is a very audible squeak in the suspension or sway bars. I have read the lubing the bushings would help. My question is how is everyone going about greasing them? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Really dont know of an effective way to lube bushing since there are no zerk fittings. A 1500 miles I'm surprised your bushing are still holding up. Have you owned the rig since new? Do you have after market bushings?

There are options out there for lubeless bushings as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    The irritating squeaking I had was almost all from shock bushings. Thought it was sway bar but with front removed it was still alot of noise. Pulled the shocks and alot of corrosion in bottoms, and just dry in tops. Cleaned up all surfaces, good shot of PTFE spray in tops, and a high pressure dry lube on lower posts for fronts took virtually all squeaking away.
    mtgott likes this.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRT BUMPER/AC HALF WINDSHIELD/LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS/DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    SOFT BACK PANEL/PRP 4.2 HARNESSES/DF HARNESS BAR/CIPA SIDE MIRRORS/KOLPIN SAW PRESS
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER & SPARK ARRESTER/R2C AIR FILTER/SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    SAK PARK BRAKE/REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS/ 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS/VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    SUPERWINCH LT3000 W. ROPE/12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR/PLANO 1719 TOTE/BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Replace all the bushings with Garage Products Bushings, Owners name is John Archer. They have a lifetime replacement warranty. When installing them, add zerk fittings and you will never be sorry or troubled again. I even bought his bushings for my sway bars.
    2016 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail Special Edition(Camo/Orange) Upgrading Daily!!!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    replaced mine with Garage Products Bushing. Too early to say as I have only one side done. Other side to go yet. Good customer service as i ordered the wrong ones.

Member #
    Liked
    758 times
    I agree with Dean. The squeak I have had on every SXS has been the shock mounts.Get some PTFE spray inside the shock mount bushings and it should make a huge difference. I just open up a gap with a thin screwdriver and spray it in every once in a while
    Dean likes this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by k9aeg View Post
    replaced mine with Garage Products Bushing. Too early to say as I have only one side done. Other side to go yet. Good customer service as i ordered the wrong ones.

Question: I just did the same. But I couldn't use the original dust caps with their bushings as it made the assembly too long. Was a very tight fit even without the caps and had to play with it to get the holes to line us. Did you find that also?

Denny

Sponsored Links