Wildcat Forum banner

Cabin heat - my first post

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Brettm57 
#1 ·
Vehicle Auto part

Been lurking and learning from the forum for a while and thought maybe i would try contributing. Probably been covered already but maybe not? It got warm here and the heat from under the drivers seat was getting to be a bit much. Here's my version of a remedy.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That fits very nice, how did you bend the tabs in the back? 1/8" abs? Put a small bilge blower under your cover blowing toward the back and it would help with cabin heat and keeping the hot air out of the belt cover from coming in.

Reactions: mtgott
#6 ·
Had some things come up so just got the chance to take a ride after getting the floor installed. Still some heat comming through the shifter but otherwise nothing. A major improvement. Next is the front firewall, really notice the heat now when the the fan kicks in.

#7 · (Edited)
Sak Kitty, funny that you mention the bilge blower. I just put a bilge blower in the dash of my Trail. I cut a 3" hole in the center of the dash, slid the bilge blower through the hole, and screwed it to the windshield filler panel. After putting door fillers on mine it gets hot in there on hot days. The blower pulls cool air from behind the windshield and blows into the foot area. It's a little noisy, but it definitely makes it more comfortable.

Just thinking here: If I mount the blower under the dash instead of on top I wouldn't notice the noise as much. There's lots of room under there, I'll have to check on that....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.