Wildcat Forum banner

Wildcat Trail Seats

20K views 59 replies 30 participants last post by  eisenbradley 
#1 ·
Ive searched around and not seen anyone with a similar issue..

Was noticing my ass getting wet on dry days, took seats out and had a look at them underneath - Turns out the leather / fabric is pulling out all around and the foam is exposed to the elements.. Once its wet inside, its wet for a long time..

What the heck is going on, this is piss poor craftsmanship IMO any suggestions?

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Vehicle door
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part Hand
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Wood Fender

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I thinking of looking at some aftermarket seats, if I do that I'll lose my shoulder bag, which I really like.

#6 ·
My seats did the same. Once I pushed them back in I haven't had to do it again.

#8 ·
I would clean the track an spray some sticky hair spray in the track let it get tacky an push it back in.

#19 ·
#14 ·
Thanks for the heads up!! Just went and check and both my seats everywhere were coming out!!!!! The one place I had to trim plastic to make fit proper, looks like it was long from factory and they didn't even try and make it fit. Next time at store picking up some staples....maybe I'll just ebay em today.

#15 ·
I rode 4 hours the other day, the staples worked great, I checked both seats they stayed in the channel. I must say the seats ride really good.

#16 ·
It has noting to do with the seats being cheap. You just have to let the seat stretch or break in a little because when their new and your sitting they will want to pull out of that channel from the material being tight. Give it some time and I think it will stop doing that.

#17 · (Edited)
no they wont go pop some out on the showroom floor and look at them .........the plastic sewn on channel lock is not sized correct for the slot ......you should have to tap it in with a rubber or leather hammer. if it was correct channel lock you would not need to sew it on the vinyl.You pull the skin over the seat staple and pinch the skin with the channel lock in the slot and your done. I had my uph shop staple mine for now, when i get time i am going to have them pull the skins off put plastic slip film on the foam and pull the skin back over and use the correct welt cord in the channel. The seat will be water proof and the seat skin will be attached correct.

#20 ·
plastic weld or epoxy in the channel. Either way when the water is up to my waist im getting wet whether my seat material is tucked in or not. Did everyone expect to get handstitched seats, its not a ferrari. People better get use to poor quality since every company now outsources everything to china. They are getting us use to there way of business so we arent too shocked when we wake up and they are running the world. Im practicing my mandarin now:(

#21 ·
Mine did the same thing. Put some black Gorilla duct tape over the channel. I had a couple of bolts loose also on the seats. Just like every other dirt bike, loose bolts part of the deal. My rule is bolt loosens up, put black silicone on it and tighten it up. Staples sound like a good idea though.

#24 ·
I haven't had any tearing yet. I will keep an eye on it. The staples have worked great. I put the staples back in Oct of 2014.

#25 ·
Same here, just snap it back in. Could also wedge something in there to keep it from doing that

#27 ·
im going to try rzr seats.

#30 ·
I disagree with the tearing theory. I have over 500 miles on the seats with staples. Not one tear, they haven't came out of the channel yet.

#31 ·
Maybe with all the miles you've put on, it has squished some of the foam down and compressed it some. My seat covers are so tight, I fear they may rip before I can stretch them out enough to stuff the bead back into the channel...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.