• 2 Post By mtgott
  • 2 Post By Jon

Thread: Just bought a used 2014 wildcat XT

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Just bought a used 2014 wildcat XT

Hi there,

This is my first OHV, it's a 2014 trail XT. Has 4603 miles on it but works just fine aside from the fuel pump being super loud. There were two codes showing up that I was able to fix thanks to this forum (rad fan fuse had blown).

At 4600 miles the last owner brought it in for service and spent $1060 in service and repairs including new tires. I called the shop and they confirmed there was nothing outstanding to repair on it.

I picked it up for $3000 usd ($4k cdn). Does that sound about right for the mileage?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon
    Sak kitty likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    775 times
    If it sounds good to you and your happy get out and ride it. I don't worry about others peoples thoughts on my "GOOD" deals. As long as I'm happy with the deal that's all that matters. Anyways it sounds like you did just fine.
    mtgott, Dean, Craggar and 1 others like this.
    2016 sport xt
    Beard padded harnesses
    Arctic cat front and rear bumper
    Arctic cat shoulder bag
    SAK PARK BRAKE

arctic cat soft top
    DRAGONGUNNER master cylinder guard
    rear cover heat mod
    Arctic cat door extentions custom painted
    evo air intake
    cat removed muffler

2014 trail (sold)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    829 times
    I wouldn't sell mine for that, so I guess that makes it a good deal in my book.
    Dean and Craggar like this.
    August 2018 Wildcat Of The Month

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8946 times
    Welcome Jon, congrats. Yeah, sounds about right if the car was driven. Some people don't drive much, others do. Hopefully your car came equipped with harnesses. If not, I highly recommend that you get them. Safety first.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Where in Canada are you Jon? In eastern ontario here

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael47 View Post
    Where in Canada are you Jon? In eastern ontario here
    I'm way up in the NWT.

Thanks for all the responses, I know zero about these kinds of machines. I had never owned or driven in one before.

Just dropped $1300 to replace the doors, panels and the battery. This is gonna be a fun project!

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm way up in the NWT.
    That explains the high miles, you can drive them in town and just about anywhere right?
    BTW Welcome to the site lots of good info and helpful people here.
    2014 Wildcat Trail with a few bolt ons, 2009 Rhino 700 with a few bolt ons, 1987 Buick Grand National with a few bolt ons.

Member #
    I bet you have some awesome places to ride!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Craggar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm way up in the NWT.
    That explains the high miles, you can drive them in town and just about anywhere right?
    BTW Welcome to the site lots of good info and helpful people here.
    Yeah! We can drive them on the roads with other traffic in every town/city. Thank you, this far has been incredibly helpful already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael47 View Post
    I bet you have some awesome places to ride!
    Yeah, but it can be sketchy. As soon as I leave town theres no cell service, and it's a very isolated part of the country. Basically have to pack in case you have to survive in the wild every time you leave the house.
    Dean and mtgott like this.

Member #
    Liked
    364 times
    Welcome man. Wouldn't hurt to hit up the shop again and double check your VIN against all the recall items-check the sticky for list. 2014 had the most required as it was first year out... Might find some things you could get covered by factory. And less chance of a break down way up there!
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRT BUMPER/AC HALF WINDSHIELD/LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS/DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    SOFT BACK PANEL/PRP 4.2 HARNESSES/DF HARNESS BAR/CIPA SIDE MIRRORS/KOLPIN SAW PRESS
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER & SPARK ARRESTER/R2C AIR FILTER/SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    SAK PARK BRAKE/REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS/ 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS/VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    SUPERWINCH LT3000 W. ROPE/12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR/PLANO 1719 TOTE/BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Welcome man. Wouldn't hurt to hit up the shop again and double check your VIN against all the recall items-check the sticky for list. 2014 had the most required as it was first year out... Might find some things you could get covered by factory. And less chance of a break down way up there!
    Thank you! I'll definitely bring it to the dealer in the fall.

Heres a bit of an update. I was driving down the road when I heard an awful sound and the engine cut out. It started again, would rev but wouldnt move - turned out the belt snapped.I dont think it's ever been changed. I wish I could post photos, I've never seen a belt with such little rubber. Terrifying. Anyway, that's all changed out and throttle response is so much better!

I ordered new doors and door frames, and a couple other fenders that were damaged. Should be looking good soon!

Member #
    Liked
    364 times
    Make sure you break in belt with heat cycles. Search belt break in and there are details from hollywood and others I'vs read. Best performance and life if you break it in right.
    2015 TRAIL XT
    AC FRT BUMPER/AC HALF WINDSHIELD/LOWER DOOR EXTENSIONS/DIRECTION 2 ROOF
    SOFT BACK PANEL/PRP 4.2 HARNESSES/DF HARNESS BAR/CIPA SIDE MIRRORS/KOLPIN SAW PRESS
    BMP SLIP ON MUFFLER & SPARK ARRESTER/R2C AIR FILTER/SPEED WERX H5 SECONDARY SPRING & THROTTLE SPRING
    SAK PARK BRAKE/REMINGTON 14X7 RTC WHEELS/ 28X10-14 CST CLINCHER RADIALS/VIPAIR FLARES WITH DIY EXTENSIONS
    SUPERWINCH LT3000 W. ROPE/12" DOUBLE ROW LED BAR/PLANO 1719 TOTE/BANDIT175/200 SPRINGS

Sponsored Links