• 1 Post By Wi Wildcat
  • 2 Post By Quicker1085
  • 1 Post By Piper71w

Thread: Over heated on trail P0119

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Over heated on trail P0119

I'm on Doe Mtn in TN and my trail ran hot. I got P0119 code. Is there anything I can do on the trail to get it to fix?
    2014 Wildcat Trail
    Crow 4 Pt Harnesses, Tusk Off-Road Soft Top, Tusk Off-Road Cargo Bag, Mud Buster Fender Flares, GBC Dirt Commander Tires 27X9X12 Front 27X11X12 Rear, MB Off Road Wheels 12" 3+4 Offset, Dragonfire Racing Rock Sliders, Bandit Medium Springs, Badland #2500 Winch, Bad Dog Rear View Mirror, DIY Glove Box Solid Cover

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    The guage on the dash is not registering the temp in degrees.
    2014 Wildcat Trail
    Crow 4 Pt Harnesses, Tusk Off-Road Soft Top, Tusk Off-Road Cargo Bag, Mud Buster Fender Flares, GBC Dirt Commander Tires 27X9X12 Front 27X11X12 Rear, MB Off Road Wheels 12" 3+4 Offset, Dragonfire Racing Rock Sliders, Bandit Medium Springs, Badland #2500 Winch, Bad Dog Rear View Mirror, DIY Glove Box Solid Cover

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    411 times
    It sounds like you have a air in your coolant lines.
    Raise the front end of the SxS up about 18 inches.
    Open Radiator Cap start engine, let the fan cycle on and off several times.you should see air escaping.
    Keep adding coolant/water until all the air is out.
    About 10 - 15 minutes.
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited Red & White Paint
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch, Trail Armor Skid Plate
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    DragonFire 4-Point 2"Harness/Bar, Front Angle bar & RockSliders
    Homemade Rear Rack

2012 Prowler 550 XT Blue 50th Anniversary
    26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper
    Koplin Full Tilt Windshield, Koplin Roof and Rear Window
    Chinese made 4.3" Backup Camera/Monitor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    466 times
    Moisture in the sensor connection on the motor. Add some dielectric grease to the connection.
    mtgott likes this.
    2014 Trail XT Green
    AC- Roof, Doors, Bumpers, Sliders, Down Bars, 1/4 Windshield
    EMP- Rear window
    EVO- Bullet Muffler & DYI turn down
    Safety- Dragonfire Harness Bar, .50 Caliber Harnesses, Joe's Racing rear view mirror, Pro Armor Fire Extinguisher
    Quadbox- Expedition storage box
    Bandit- 175/200 springs
    Rugged Radios- RH-5R &helmet kits (3 of)
    30" LED light bar
    Badlands- Winch
    Fan Circuit Breaker Fuse
    DYI- Master Cylinder Guard
    26" M1 Evil tires on 14" TIP Hurricane Rims

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    There is a replacement (upgraded) for the engine heat sensor connection.
    Built by Jeremiah at D & P Performance, 14" 4+3 Raceline Beadlock wheels w Arisun Aftershock 30x10x14 , Speedwerx Header & Exhaust,
    D & P Clutch Kit, D & P Elka Spring Kit, D & P Roof and Glove Box Door, PRP Seats, AC Door and Roof Storage Bags, VIP Fender Flares, 12mm wheel studs.
    14" now 15"Clearance and 64" wide, Wildcat Willy's Assault Tie Rods. Traded 2014 Trail with 5100 miles on it.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Have you cleaned the radiator out? With the rad in the front, they have a tendency to clog up with mud and dust. Had it happen on my 2016, spayed water from the front and back, no nozzle, just straight from the hose. Was crazy how much dirt came out of it. Just another thing to think of with the trail.
    IdaCrue and Piper71w like this.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks to everyone. Based on all the great input and all the information on the forum, I started with boonedog's thoughts about bleeding the cooling system. I put the front wheels about 24" up on car ramps on a little uphill bank beside my driveway. I bled some coolant out of the thermostat housing and put a funnel into the radiator and filled the radiator. After that I started the engine and it got about 170 degrees and I saw the coolant move, so I felt good that the thermostat was working. I left about 1 inch of coolant in the funnel and watched the temp go to 204. The fan kicked on, the temp went to 206 for a few seconds and then steadily went down to 192. The fan kicked off and the cycle started again. In other words SUCCESS. I rode for about 15 minutes on my small trail in the woods behind my house and each cycle went from 192 to 206. Fan on at 204 and off at 192. I let it cool for a couple of hours and did the process one more time and got the same great results.

I also thoroughly cleaned the radiator just in case and I am going to disconnect, clean and grease the ECT Sensor at the thermostat. Thanks for all the great advice. It worked perfectly.
    roylohr likes this.
    2014 Wildcat Trail

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    411 times
    I'm glad to hear that it worked. It's not just Arctic Cats
    We were up in Colorado with some friends A few weeks ago and a guy just purchased a new Honda Pioneer and had the exact same problem.
    I don't understand why the dealership does not take care of it before it even leaves the shop. They know it's a issue.
    2015 Wildcat Trail Limited Red & White Paint
    28" Kanati Mongrel Tires,ITP SS212 Black Rims, 12mm Studs, Bandit Springs 200/240lbs, PRP XC Seats
    MotoAlliance:Viper 3000lb Winch, EzRyde Midnight Muffler, Rugged Radio & Intercom Kimpex Expedition Sport Trunk
    Arctic Cat Front & Rear Black Steel Bumpers, Rear Angle bars Arctic Cat Metal Roof & Rear Window, AJ's Front & Rear Fenders
    Super ATV Tinted Half Windshield, Super ATV 2"Lift kit, Kryptic TieRods, Dalton Clutch, Trail Armor Skid Plate
    Garage Product Bushings, Magellan TRX7, 28" Generic Light Bar, K Aus Designworks Rad Guard & Park Brake
    DragonFire 4-Point 2"Harness/Bar, Front Angle bar & RockSliders
    Homemade Rear Rack

2012 Prowler 550 XT Blue 50th Anniversary
    26" Interco Reptile Tires, 3500lbs Traveler Winch, Arctic Cat Front Black Steel Bumper
    Koplin Full Tilt Windshield, Koplin Roof and Rear Window
    Chinese made 4.3" Backup Camera/Monitor

Sponsored Links